2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
48%
Wolves
52%

Total votes: 178

HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,388

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-1) 

Post#4841 » by HotRocks34 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:34 am

Nuggs probably still toast because Murray is not full health. Just like Luka and Dallas, Murray will probably wear down as games go on. And he won't get as much rest moving forward.

Read on Twitter
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,629

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-1) 

Post#4842 » by Mrakar » Sat May 11, 2024 6:36 am

The champs finally showed up, makes you wonder where was this team first 7 games of the playoffs.

Key notes from the game:
- after game 2 i said that one of the things that Nuggets did bad in first 2 games i screen setting. They were to lazy and player with the ball was initiating to fast. Today screens were hard and on time, that is why Murray got going and why Nuggets had a lot of open 3s. In addition to that, they let Gordon bring up the ball a lot of time because Gobert will not be picking im up which helped Jamal a lot.
- officiating, and no, it wasnt that officiating was unfair, it was more then fair, it is just that the refs didnt allow as much of pushing, grabing, holding as they did in first 2 games. This is how other 3 series are officiated(with Knicks series ofc having a lot of mistakes in the process). IMO they allowed too much contact in first 2 games and that is then a different ball game. I saw a lot of Wolves and especially Lakers fans crying but it would only be fair if the game is officiated that it doesnt benefit any of the 2 teams. Letting it to be too physical is giving Minny too much of an advantage. Also this game Minny players were whining too much and not focusing on the game, same thing happened to Denver in game 2, you can't let this distract you from the game, as much as annoying it can be.
- shot making, and it always comes to this ofc. Nuggets made open shots, which is crucial, but today they didn't just make the shots they usually do, they also made some shots that normally dont go in.Gordon shoting 3/4 on 3's is not happening again.
- Denver defense was miles away from their defense in first 2 games. Yes Minny missed more open shots, but they defense both on perimiter and inside was much better. In game 2 Wolves players had a free lane to the basket and Jokic was ofc as traffic cone because he is not shot blocker. Today there wasn't a lot of "free" drives for the Wolves and ofc Jokic looked much much better in that scenario.

All that said, Wolves are still the huges favourites IMO. Denver has to win 3 out of 4 which is always hard. Bad shoting night on Sunday and this is over. Denver has to play 3 more perfect games like today to win this, Minny has to have one good and one scrapy one and they are going to WCF.
Positive things for Minny is that Nuggets are 99% not repeating 50% from 3pt line again in this series. They also have some clear adjustements to do for the next one.
I think Edwards has to force the issue next one, i saw no reason for him to be as passive as he was. KAT was good tonight but man he has to stop making stupid fouls...

Looking forward for game 2, hopefully will be a close one. Would be nice ofc to see a 2-2 so we can have a long series, but if i was betting i would bet on the Minny. Edwards has that mentality, they will come out swinging next one.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,998

Post#4843 » by AleksandarN » Sat May 11, 2024 6:43 am

HotRocks34 wrote:Nuggs probably still toast because Murray is not full health. Just like Luka and Dallas, Murray will probably wear down as games go on. And he won't get as much rest moving forward.

Read on Twitter

Why the **** was he in late at the end of the blow out game. **** Malone

stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#4844 » by stoo » Sat May 11, 2024 7:27 am

GeorgeSears wrote:This was the most complete game the Nuggets played all playoffs from start to finish. Once they built that lead heading into half, there was no turning back. They were also in desperation mode.

Game 4 will be a lot different. It'll be much closer and the TWolves are going too be looking for revenge.

this was literally the first game in these playoffs where denver was like: oh shirt, we actually have to try our best. and then 30 point win happens
NotSinceWilt
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,992

Post#4845 » by mcmurphy » Sat May 11, 2024 7:57 am

However this appeal to the referees or the lack of suspension denotes weak behavior.
Yeah, Murray could have been suspended but certainly not being a repeat offender as Draymond may have influenced.

So far in the 6 previous games Minnesota has almost always had easy path while Denver has exhibited a certain resilience against LAL even when things were going badly.
Let's see if Minnesota will react now or melt like snow in the sun... if it wants to become Champ it must react on the field

<<That's the Playoff, baby, the Playoff. And there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing.>>

Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,276

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#4846 » by Edrees » Sat May 11, 2024 8:10 am

SFour wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
SFour wrote:
ya I don't know why people want a suspension....it would ruin the series....do we not want to watch competitive basketball?

I mean he threw sh#% on the court twice.. while aiming at the ref. If Draymond did this people would be furious

NBA bases their suspensions partly on the players' history...so yes it would make more sense if Draymond got suspended. Murray doesn't have that history....but he does now so next time if he throws something on the court he's likely getting that suspension instead of a fine.

He did it twice. So he built a history after the first one. Second one should be suspension now that he built a history.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,083

Post#4847 » by BelgradeNugget » Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 am

NotaHypeJob wrote:This felt like a fake game. Like the refs decided before the game to call the game the complete opposite of games 1+2 to help the trailing team. I hope game 4 is just a straight up good game between the two

Games 1-2 felt like fake games. Like refs decided to call them the complete oposite of the way any game in this playoffs or regular season were called to help young exciting team with US basketball star. I hope game 4 will be good game
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,780

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#4848 » by Manimal » Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 am

Edrees wrote:
SFour wrote:
Mk0 wrote:I mean he threw sh#% on the court twice.. while aiming at the ref. If Draymond did this people would be furious

NBA bases their suspensions partly on the players' history...so yes it would make more sense if Draymond got suspended. Murray doesn't have that history....but he does now so next time if he throws something on the court he's likely getting that suspension instead of a fine.

He did it twice. So he built a history after the first one. Second one should be suspension now that he built a history.

Stop embarrassing yourself...the Lakers do that enough for you already.
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,863

Post#4849 » by jkvonny » Sat May 11, 2024 8:32 am

Nuggets finally played a good dominating playoff game.

Onto game 4. Wolves up 2-1 (home).
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,992

Post#4851 » by mcmurphy » Sat May 11, 2024 8:49 am

Edrees wrote:
SFour wrote:
Mk0 wrote:I mean he threw sh#% on the court twice.. while aiming at the ref. If Draymond did this people would be furious

The Lakers of the past are no longer there.

perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 942

Post#4852 » by perempe20 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:53 am

Some nice teamwork from the Nuggets.
TheDiesel36
Senior
And1: 546

Post#4853 » by TheDiesel36 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:11 am

Yeeeah, so yall had your fun with second coming of MJ and now it will end like it is supposed to, Nuggets in 6, this Minnesota team is not the one to eliminate the champs
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,330

Post#4854 » by KyRo23 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:18 am

So what now? Jokic is now the GOAT and Edwards is a rich mans Ricky Davis?

Just kidding, but with how many hot takes that have been going on, I'm sure this thread has seen it all tonight
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,675

Post#4855 » by nomansland » Sat May 11, 2024 9:30 am

AleksandarN wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:Nuggs probably still toast because Murray is not full health. Just like Luka and Dallas, Murray will probably wear down as games go on. And he won't get as much rest moving forward.

Read on Twitter

Why the **** was he in late at the end of the blow out game. **** Malone

He came out with more than 6 minutes to go. Not sure what you more you want.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,191

Post#4856 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat May 11, 2024 9:33 am

Raps in 4 wrote:This series is over. I don't see how Minny recovers from this.

I was feeling down about the game. But read back 20 pages, and saw this.

This Raps in 4 guy is the ultimate jinx in these match threads or his takes on rap beef battles (his username even jinxed Raptors to Wizards level).

So now I'm calm and just waiting for the now guranteed Wolves in 5 or 6.

Thank you Raps.

nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,675

Post#4857 » by nomansland » Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 am

Interesting outcome this game. Not at all what I expected, but I'm glad. Finally the Nuggets stopped effing around. Very curious to see what kinds of adjustments Minnesota will try to make because the Nuggets not only played harder, they made some nice adjustments. Props to Malone and his staff.
Manimal
Starter

Post#4858 » by Manimal » Sat May 11, 2024 9:37 am

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

This Raps in 4 guy is the ultimate jinx in these match threads or his takes on rap beef battles (his username even jinxed Raptors to Wizards level).

Thank you Raps.

Agreed. Jokic is a fraud and Gobert owns him.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,191

Post#4859 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat May 11, 2024 9:48 am

Manimal wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Thank you Raps.

Too late bruh, you can't counter jinx Raps in 4. His bad juju is unmatched.

Chuck level, who btw went from hating on Wolves all year, to guaranteeing a Wolves sweep after game 2 and we immediately lose big lol.
Manimal
Starter

Post#4860 » by Manimal » Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 am

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Manimal wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Thank you Raps.

[imghttps://media.tenor.com/B_GzpBSmomUAAAAe/too-late-too-bad.png [/img]

Too late bruh, you can't counter jinx Raps in 4. His bad juju is unmatched. Chuck level (who btw guranteed a Wolves sweep and we immediately lose big lol).

This is true and KAT is way too professional and emotionally secure to let game 3 rattle him whatsoever. I expect him to come out and be absolutely dominant in game 4.

Return to The General Board