“Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises”

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Re: “Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises” 

Post#101 » by TroubleS0me » Fri May 10, 2024 9:57 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:Tatum hasn’t played up to expectations when it really matters this season IMO. His team is so good that he doesn’t have to. Maybe the lack of high leverage situations this season has Tatum a bit too passive and just doesn’t take over.

this
turnaroundJ
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#102 » by turnaroundJ » Sat May 11, 2024 7:34 am

i mean...down 2-3 to the sixers he drops a 50 burger to close them out. not like the sixers have ever been a real threat, but he has shown up big sometimes. i do tend to agree that he's not a true #1 championship option. but those don't exactly grow on trees. team will need to be even more stacked than how it currently is built.
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,288

Post#103 » by SweaterBae » Sat May 11, 2024 7:46 am

He's a chucker. Hot hot not not. That's the entirety of his narrative as a player.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#104 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 7:55 am

He needs to be the #2 option to a player like Curry/SGA/Giannis/LeBron
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 355

Post#105 » by Jhawk03 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:30 am

If I cloned Tatum and created a starting five of Tatums, that team wins a ring in 2020.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,435

Post#106 » by Sgt Major » Sat May 11, 2024 8:50 am

Woodsanity wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
RB34 wrote:Love the salt from rat teams

Win a chip, then talk your ****. It's wide open for you guys. Will you admit the Celtics don't have it, if they fail this time?

Big talk from a team that's highest result recently is already matched by the Knicks missing half their roster.

Fencer reregistered wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:Holy sht that made me laugh. That’s actually pretty accurate (so far). That said, despite all the times they’ve tripped over their own dicks in recent years, I’m not writing this team off after one game. They’ve been too good this season.

They don't have a dick to trip over.

As a Sixer fan, you certainly are an expert on postseason losing.

Oooooooooof
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,093

Post#107 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am

I think he's Pierce (without KG and Allen), Melo and George. Good enough to get you to the dance but not good enough to bring home the championship without some serious help. That's okay but he really should never have been mentioned alongside the other greats in the game and in MVP consideration. He's a good defender but not THAT good. That said, a strong ECF and Finals could completely change the narrative.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,668

Post#108 » by 165bows » Sat May 11, 2024 10:55 am

TroubleS0me wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:Tatum hasn’t played up to expectations when it really matters this season IMO. His team is so good that he doesn’t have to. Maybe the lack of high leverage situations this season has Tatum a bit too passive and just doesn’t take over.

this

This theme gets said around here all the time, and Tatum is totally right to call it out when it’s used by the media.

White - total nobody until he played with Tatum.
Holiday - so good he’s almost an all-star.
Brown - check his contract extension thread, super over rated, routinely claimed he’s only he’s an all-nba guy because he “plays with Tatum/on a stacked team.”
Horford - great when he played with Tatum, left in FA and was a total bust and washed salary dump on two different teams until he came back to Boston.
Porzingis - an irrelevant salary dump bust until this year.
Brogdon - grabs a 6MOTY award.

OTOH the list of guys who have crashed and burned not next to Tatum:
Horford (as mentioned above)
Brogdon now totally irrelevant.
Grant Williams - biggest year over year crater ever.
Hayward/Rozier/Smart/Theis etc etc guys who went into the playoffs with Tatum and then promptly disappeared or landed on “worst contract” lists.

Tl;dr it’s a cute line but it’s stupid and hides the total double standard people use with the Celtics.
Sane
Veteran
And1: 1,366

Post#109 » by Sane » Sat May 11, 2024 10:56 am

Y'all are crazy, more than 25 GM's would happily make him the face of the franchise for the next 5 years.

What's special about him is his shooting and the fact that players like that are usually 0 on defense. He's not a liability at all on that side of the floor. Plus he seems to be a good teammate.

The Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises or a rich man's prime Tobias Harris is actually a crazy good player.

Only one star wins it all each year. There are no stars who don't have bad games or unexpected losses in the playoffs. Give the guy some credit, he's an incredible player who's always winning - and some stars can't win just because they have good teammates.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,093

Post#110 » by bledredwine » Sat May 11, 2024 11:34 am

I’ve been calling him a fake superstar for years.

Anyway, that’s hilarious.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,837

Post#111 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat May 11, 2024 2:06 pm

DaGawd wrote:jesus

3toheadmelo wrote:Ingles > Tatum

We need your take on this
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,668

Post#112 » by 165bows » Sat May 11, 2024 2:12 pm

Sane wrote:Y'all are crazy, more than 25 GM's would happily make him the face of the franchise for the next 5 years.

What's special about him is his shooting and the fact that players like that are usually 0 on defense. He's not a liability at all on that side of the floor. Plus he seems to be a good teammate.

The Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises or a rich man's prime Tobias Harris is actually a crazy good player.

Only one star wins it all each year. There are no stars who don't have bad games or unexpected losses in the playoffs. Give the guy some credit, he's an incredible player who's always winning - and some stars can't win just because they have good teammates.

Right.

Galaxy brains know this is all about Harris making another big free agency push. Dude has the most under rated PR staff in the entire league, gets hated all the way to the bank.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#113 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:13 pm

Why is Tobias Harris viewed as an insult? Most teams would kill for a guy like him to be their 3rd/4th option. He gives you 17/7/3 on efficient shooting.

Ignore the Embiid fan alliance who throw EVERY teammate under the bus to preserve his reputation.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,330

Post#114 » by KembaWalker » Sat May 11, 2024 2:16 pm

I’m enjoying this new meme
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,767

Post#115 » by Ice Man » Sat May 11, 2024 3:07 pm

I'm gonna agree: That's a classic. The beauty and pain of Jayson Tatum is that he legitimately belongs in a sentence with both of those guys.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,868

Post#116 » by Marrrcuss » Sat May 11, 2024 3:09 pm

Sane wrote:Y'all are crazy, more than 25 GM's would happily make him the face of the franchise for the next 5 years.

I mean, folks like his look. Might be why he hasnt had more criticism before now. Him and Curry have the look and seem to be the only nba players with young kids, ever, lol.

His lack of production is what doomed the celtics against GSW. He shot 37% and generally sucked. He receives massive passes.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,520

Post#117 » by CodeBreaker » Sat May 11, 2024 3:37 pm

I get what it means, and I have to agree
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,077

Post#118 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 11, 2024 3:46 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
DaGawd wrote:jesus

3toheadmelo wrote:Ingles > Tatum

We need your take on this

Meanwhile we need your take on J0kic possibly losing to G0bert :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 583

Post#119 » by guldakot » Sat May 11, 2024 5:02 pm

Its a semi-slanderous / clever take. My only issue with Tatum is that he settles for the 3 too often, especially when he has smaller players on him. Maybe thats how Boston really wants to use him, but Durant will PUNISH you if you a mouse on him, Tatum seems happy to settle for a 3 too often, especially when he's cold from there. He is a top 5 scorer and top 7 2-way player currently.

Boston needs reliable size that isn't geriatric and a solid pg to help setup the talent on the team. Currently they are a bit unbalanced.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#120 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=Q2Y2kTUqMMWzljQdWtDt6g&s=19
Bronny will become Murray 2.0

Return to The General Board