Denver reporter: Nuggets may need to break up the team

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,631

Re: Denver reporter: Nuggets may need to break up the team 

Post#241 » by Alatan » Sat May 11, 2024 9:56 pm

Wallace_Wallace wrote:
Alatan wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
LeBron & Reaves for Murray & AG

You get your better shooting SF & Reaves who's more consistent and can attack.

JJ Reddick for offensive assistant coach

8-)

Id be down for it, even as i hate watching Reaves flop his little arms around trying to bait the refs.

Assuming they don’t win (or KCP opts out), these are some of the few players I could see fitting into the Denver culture:

1. Mikal Bridges. Ironman with one of the best offball movement in the game, he would get so many points just through cutting. Also an incredible defender on the perimeter. Gordon/Bridges straight up, but there’s no incentive for the Nets besides the fact that Gordon will opt out of his player option after next season (saves money).

2. Herb Jones. A pitbull type defender who really improved his shooting this season. I could see a scenario of Jones/Alvarado for Gordon/filler.

3. Evan Mobley. One of the most versatile (and dominant) defenders since he’s been in the league. This would likely cost Denver MPJ/picks. While Denver would improve defensive, their offense would take a major hit.

4. If the Hawks were to blow it up and do a fire sale, I would see what the combination of Clint Capela and De’Andre Hunter would cost the Nuggets. While Hunter may not provide everything Gordon provides, Denver nets a desperately needed a backup center. If Capela doesn’t workout, his contract expires the season after.

Bridges would be great but i doubt the Nets would be interested in anything Denver has to offer.

Mobley is a pipe dream. Cleveland is not trading him for anything than a star package and only if they flame out or he demands out. Apart from that he would be perfect in Denver.

Herb Jones would be good if his shot doesnt return to being trash.

The Hawks package is not interesting. Backups bigs are a dime a dozen in the NBA.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,970

Post#242 » by RHODEY » Sat May 11, 2024 10:17 pm

KennerLeaguer wrote:
SpreeS wrote:Era of bigs (Jokic/Giannis/Embiid) could be very short :) Looking at MIN/OKC/IND/BOS/NY/DAL guards/wings bounce back. And MIN/OKC could be TOP2 teams for next decade.

Oklahoma, Minnesota, Boston and Indiana all have impactful bigs.
And so do Dallas and NY.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#243 » by WentzerWuver » Sun May 12, 2024 12:55 am

Wallace_Wallace wrote:
Alatan wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

8-)

Id be down for it, even as i hate watching Reaves flop his little arms around trying to bait the refs.

Assuming they don’t win (or KCP opts out), these are some of the few players I could see fitting into the Denver culture:

1. Mikal Bridges. Ironman with one of the best offball movement in the game, he would get so many points just through cutting. Also an incredible defender on the perimeter. Gordon/Bridges straight up, but there’s no incentive for the Nets besides the fact that Gordon will opt out of his player option after next season (saves money).

2. Herb Jones. A pitbull type defender who really improved his shooting this season. I could see a scenario of Jones/Alvarado for Gordon/filler.

3. Evan Mobley. One of the most versatile (and dominant) defenders since he’s been in the league. This would likely cost Denver MPJ/picks. While Denver would improve defensive, their offense would take a major hit.

4. If the Hawks were to blow it up and do a fire sale, I would see what the combination of Clint Capela and De’Andre Hunter would cost the Nuggets. While Hunter may not provide everything Gordon provides, Denver nets a desperately needed a backup center. If Capela doesn’t workout, his contract expires the season after.
Mobley and Mikal are untouchables that requires a minimum of 5 future first to even start trade talks. Nets turn down 4 unprotected 1st round picks for Mikal as the best 2 way wing in the game! I wouldn't even trade Mikal for KD straight up.

https://youtu.be/FWR_RqCB51c?si=MeeJwh9w11qtz-D0

Mikal and Mobley on the same team would be a lock to dominate on defense!
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#244 » by WentzerWuver » Sun May 12, 2024 10:10 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Cause they down 0-2 …. It’s over - they didn’t win a ring last year and don’t have a 3 time mvp…. So yeah break and try to get Beal for Jokic.

Denver gonna have to sweeten the deal with picks…

The person talking about this has covered the team for years and is a baller himself.

He sees it. I see it too.

The roster is limited. It's been that way, but now there's a better method to guard Jokic (that involves Gordon's limitations) and Minny has arrived.

If Denver wants more rings, it may be time to move on.

Beal? Meh. Getting a steady guard who can handle, distribute and defend may be a better move.

I'd also look at getting a stretch PF, and more ball handling/play making in terms of roster depth.

That's why I put a boat load of money on the Nuggets for game 3 road game as I mentioned before the game due to the great return odds and made off like bandits. Will do it again for game 4 to show that know it all he knows little about playoffs Joker.

And after the Joker win this series, it will be Minny that will need to rebuild Lol
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,549

Post#245 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 12, 2024 10:29 pm

Wallace_Wallace wrote:
Alatan wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

8-)

NBA 2K maybe. :lol: Denver has no first round picks and little in the way of young players to offer for anyone even close to Bridges, Jones or Mobley.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,250

Post#246 » by Wallace_Wallace » Mon May 13, 2024 12:48 am

BigGargamel wrote:
Wallace_Wallace wrote:
Alatan wrote:

NBA 2K maybe. :lol: Denver has no first round picks and little in the way of young players to offer for anyone even close to Bridges, Jones or Mobley.

Herb Jones or Trey Murphy isn’t as untouchable as you’d think.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,097

Post#247 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 13, 2024 12:50 am

It was logical to think it was over after Game 2 in favor of the Wolves, but after this series I'm not saying a series is over unless it's 3-0, because no one in the history of the NBA has ever come back from 3-0.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,318

Post#248 » by Sweet Serenity » Mon May 13, 2024 12:54 am

ChipotleWest wrote:It was logical to think it was over after Game 2 in favor of the Wolves, but after this series I'm not saying a series is over unless it's 3-0, because no one in the history of the NBA has ever come back from 3-0.

Sweet Serenity wrote:Timberwolves have not experienced any real pressure as of yet. They weren’t expected to win both games in Denver which is why they played with so much confidence. Games 3 & 4 will determine if this Timberwolves team is ready to win a championship. The pressure is on them for the first time.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#249 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 13, 2024 1:07 am

Clutch by Jamal!!!

Read on Twitter

https://youtube.com/shorts/FG-7KEMMIVI?si=VQv9AhTcm9QIkQdx
BmanInBigD
Sixth Man
And1: 630

Post#250 » by BmanInBigD » Mon May 13, 2024 2:27 am

Why do these dumb-ass over-reactors continue to get paid for stupid takes after one or two games in a series? It’s a 7-game series! JFC…
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.
DFan
Rookie
And1: 746

Post#251 » by DFan » Mon May 13, 2024 2:38 am

BmanInBigD wrote:Why do these dumb-ass over-reactors continue to get paid for stupid takes after one or two games in a series? It’s a 7-game series! JFC…

No kidding. I mean this is the defending champs we’re talking about. They’re going to fight and get back in this series
Stan
Sixth Man
And1: 2,543

Post#252 » by Stan » Mon May 13, 2024 3:13 am

I don't even care if Denver ends up losing this series, this is the perfect example of how inane sports discourse has become in the internet/social media era. Dude's want to blow up a championship core on the basis of TWO games :lol:
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#253 » by tcheco » Mon May 13, 2024 3:36 am

I KNOW THIS GUY IS KNOW BALL AND I AGREE WITH HIM.

People always looking for new ways to look like clowns
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,509

Post#254 » by Onlytimewilltel » Mon May 13, 2024 3:38 am

HotRocks34 wrote:Go to about 20:45 into this video.

https://www.youtube.com/live/B0svGjODt0A?si=TKetqMNtdlyi1oo2

Adam Mares covers the Nuggets for DNVR. He played college ball. Of course everyone knows Legler.

Basically he's saying Minny (with the former Nugs GM) may have solved Denver and if that's the case it may be time to move on from this group.

I totally agree with that take. Having another Bruce Brown or Jeff Green can help but the reality is that, IMO, this group has real limits in terms of its core roster and Minny isn't going anywhere, among other rising teams.

2 of the max contracts on the roster are one-way players with real limitations. Porter can't dribble and is not a particularly good passer. He is improving but there can be effort issues and he's physically fragile.

Murray is good at PNR with Jokic but generally he's not a great distributor. He's a shooting guard who plays point. He doesn't take care of his body and that contributes to his injury issues.

Gordon has plenty of positives but he can't shoot. That inability to shoot has allowed defenses to completely alter how they guard Jokic and the new schemes are capable of really slowing him down in a way that wasn't possible previously.

KCP is solid but he's not really a ballhandler or distributor and Denver may need more size to guard Edwards moving forward.

There's some promise on the bench but ball handlers and distributors are in short supply.

I think Mares senses the same thing I do, that this unit may be maxed out, particularly against a Minny team that was built to defeat it.

Big decisions coming in Denver.

Do you still agree that Denver should blow up their championship team because they lost the first two games of this series? :lol:
bfchs123
Senior
And1: 1,523

Post#255 » by bfchs123 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:42 am

Reports of the Nuggets demise were greatly overexaggerated
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,410

Post#256 » by HotRocks34 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:42 am

Onlytimewilltel wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:Go to about 20:45 into this video.

https://www.youtube.com/live/B0svGjODt0A?si=TKetqMNtdlyi1oo2

Adam Mares covers the Nuggets for DNVR. He played college ball. Of course everyone knows Legler.

Basically he's saying Minny (with the former Nugs GM) may have solved Denver and if that's the case it may be time to move on from this group.

I totally agree with that take. Having another Bruce Brown or Jeff Green can help but the reality is that, IMO, this group has real limits in terms of its core roster and Minny isn't going anywhere, among other rising teams.

2 of the max contracts on the roster are one-way players with real limitations. Porter can't dribble and is not a particularly good passer. He is improving but there can be effort issues and he's physically fragile.

Murray is good at PNR with Jokic but generally he's not a great distributor. He's a shooting guard who plays point. He doesn't take care of his body and that contributes to his injury issues.

Gordon has plenty of positives but he can't shoot. That inability to shoot has allowed defenses to completely alter how they guard Jokic and the new schemes are capable of really slowing him down in a way that wasn't possible previously.

KCP is solid but he's not really a ballhandler or distributor and Denver may need more size to guard Edwards moving forward.

There's some promise on the bench but ball handlers and distributors are in short supply.

I think Mares senses the same thing I do, that this unit may be maxed out, particularly against a Minny team that was built to defeat it.

Big decisions coming in Denver.

Do you still agree that Denver should blow up their championship team because they lost the first two games of this series? :lol:

If Jokic plays like this, anything is possible.

Still, Gordon can't shoot threes like he's doing right now.

If he could, things would be a lot different.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#257 » by zero rings » Mon May 13, 2024 4:17 am

I like Mares, but he and other Denver media guys have been puffing smoke up this team's ass for years. Murray in particular has been insanely overrated. A handful of big playoff games has blinded everyone to his very real limitations as a player, namely that he isn't a great athlete and doesn't create any easy shots for himself. This idea that he can just turn it on and become "Playoff Murray" on a whim is laughably dumb analysis. It's called shooting variance, people.

Bottom line, Jokic is a basketball God and makes the Nuggets way better than they have any business being. He might be the best floor raiser in the history of the sport. If he had a legitimately great supporting cast, we would be looking at the NBA's next great dynasty. Instead, we will have to scrap and claw for every series win.

I hope Mares and others keep this same energy if we end up losing and don't revert back to their usual homer takes. This team is good but could be much better.
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,439

Post#258 » by TheNG » Mon May 13, 2024 4:28 am

zero rings wrote:I like Mares, but he and other Denver media guys have been puffing smoke up this team's ass for years. Murray in particular has been insanely overrated. A handful of big playoff games has blinded everyone to his very real limitations as a player, namely that he isn't a great athlete and doesn't create any easy shots for himself. This idea that he can just turn it on and become "Playoff Murray" on a whim is laughably dumb analysis. It's called shooting variance, people.

Bottom line, Jokic is a basketball God and makes the Nuggets way better than they have any business being. He might be the best floor raiser in the history of the sport. If he had a legitimately great supporting cast, we would be looking at the NBA's next great dynasty. Instead, we will have to scrap and claw for every series win.

I hope Mares and others keep this same energy if we end up losing and don't revert back to their usual homer takes. This team is good but could be much better.

Exactly. Even if they win, this team can get much better roster wise. People underestimate the Joker effect. The Nuggets can have a better 2nd option or better depth, if not both. See i.e. how Dallas managed to get better roster.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,869

Post#259 » by jkvonny » Mon May 13, 2024 4:54 am

Whether the Nuggets wins or loses this series.
Those radio jocks should just leave this alone. Do not blow up this team.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,016

Post#260 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 5:18 am

zero rings wrote:I like Mares, but he and other Denver media guys have been puffing smoke up this team's ass for years. Murray in particular has been insanely overrated. A handful of big playoff games has blinded everyone to his very real limitations as a player, namely that he isn't a great athlete and doesn't create any easy shots for himself. This idea that he can just turn it on and become "Playoff Murray" on a whim is laughably dumb analysis. It's called shooting variance, people.

Mares is far from a homer. Dear god what the ****. You see people who are just fans of players not teams. You don’t care about the Nuggets. Realgm never changes

Return to The General Board