What happens if LeBron plan to stay with Lakers but another team drafts Bronny?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,439

Post#1 » by TheNG » Sun May 12, 2024 2:16 am

Assume the other team doesn't really want LeBron and neither plan on playing Bronny but just want to trade him later to the Lakers for some high value.
What will happen then?
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,802

Re: What happens if LeBron plan to stay with Lakers but another team drafts Bronny? 

Post#2 » by djsunyc » Sun May 12, 2024 2:18 am

i don't think any team is gonna draft bronny.
oversteerdawg
Senior
And1: 824

Re: What happens if LeBron plan to stay with Lakers but another team drafts Bronny? 

Post#3 » by oversteerdawg » Sun May 12, 2024 3:04 am

If that were to happen, LeBron would play for the Lakers and Bronny would play for the team that drafts him.
Hon-essim wrote:LOL @John Starks, Charles Oakley, Harper and Davis = average team but Smush, Kwame and Luke = not.
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 534

Post#4 » by swyftdahoe » Sun May 12, 2024 3:09 am

Bronny the Tobias Harris of Jaylen Browns
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,729

Post#5 » by xb3at band1tx » Sun May 12, 2024 3:09 am

Him walking back on his bronny playing dreams makes me think he has no hope for that kid and is content in LA lol
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,331

Post#6 » by KembaWalker » Sun May 12, 2024 3:10 am

The team that drafts Bronny is stuck with a malcontent player that isn’t even good enough to play in the g league and a permanently damaged relationship with one of the biggest agents in the league and a future team owner. There’s literally nothing to gain at all. Let the Lakers waste a roster spot if they want to
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,549

Post#7 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 12, 2024 3:10 am

djsunyc wrote:i don't think any team is gonna draft bronny.

This. Bronny isn't an NBA player and this whole situation is a sham cooked up by LeBron and ESPN. There are 30 prospects not invited to the combine who were more deserving. Why would a GM even spend a second round pick on an inferior talent, when all it would do is cause drama? I know some people say it would be to entice LeBron, but he's not going to finish his career in Orlando or Charlotte. :lol:

No one except the Lakers are going to draft this guy. He's not a draftable prospect.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,657

Post#8 » by OdomFan » Sun May 12, 2024 3:13 am

If he doesnt get drafted by late 2nd round. Someone will grab him around that time for ticket price draw.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,249

Post#9 » by Lalouie » Sun May 12, 2024 3:13 am

TheNG wrote:What happens if LeBron plan to stay with Lakers but another team drafts Bronny?
Assume the other team doesn't really want LeBron and neither plan on playing Bronny but just want to trade him later to the Lakers for some high value.
What will happen then?

even though lebr saw the folly of backing bronny, ala jaden smith and what happened to his career, playing with your son is a very big deal

i do not think lebr will try to sway the lakers,,,it won't end well. i think any team considering the two will be off the hook. they have lebr by the gonads. i think the only way lebr can work this out without defacing his image or bronny's is to offer up his services ad hoc. no strings,,,as in "lebron, you OWE us"

anyway, that's my drean sequence but it's not happening.....OR bronny doesnt get drafted - he dont need the money. he can go play in mexico where lebr can go visit
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,471

Post#10 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 12, 2024 3:20 am

swyftdahoe wrote:Bronny the Tobias Harris of Jaylen Browns

I'd say Bronny is the Tobias Harris of Bruno Coboclo's and is 2 years away from being 2 years away to even be having these convos lol.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,379

Post#11 » by Mr Puddles » Sun May 12, 2024 3:26 am

I don't know.

What I do know is that if the Lakers convinced Clyde Drexler to come out of retirement and then drafted Bronnie James, they'd have a Bronnie and Clyde backcourt.
Spoiler:
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,829

Post#12 » by EmpireFalls » Sun May 12, 2024 3:28 am

The entire situation is gross. I really hate it from top to bottom. This is a kid who worked hard and played pretty well in HS, got a scholarship, but this time last year had a pretty serious heart issue that caused him to miss the off-season, joined his team late in the season, and let’s be honest, performed like a mediocre freshman who missed the offseason would. He gets clowned for his play but I won’t, heart issues are serious and it clearly messed him up.

Nothing about his play indicates he should get a chance to play in the NBA next year. Everything says he should play in college and develop further.

And now we have his Dad sort of campaigning (but also sort of not, anymore?) to get him in the most competitive league in the world, when clearly his play does not merit it whatsoever, and he’s being set up to fail no matter what he does.

This sucks for the kid man. I hope Bron comes to his senses and realizes what he’s actually doing to his son here. He isn’t doing him a favor.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,572

Post#13 » by MrGoat » Sun May 12, 2024 3:28 am

Some team should just to extract some first rounders from LA.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,067

Post#14 » by Dominator83 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:31 am

Kings ransom
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 803

Post#15 » by madskillz8 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:32 am

djsunyc wrote:i don't think any team is gonna draft bronny.

Well, I know most teams prefer to be toyed by Klutch and other big agencies, but there would still be some franchise miserable enough to pick him so they can have a shot at getting Lebron - to fill their seats. At the end of the day, having no good plan to make playoffs in the next 2-3 years with low profit is not better than having no good plan to make playoffs in the next 2-3 years with $$$. No offense but let's say Washington... Why not?

EmpireFalls wrote:The entire situation is gross. I really hate it from top to bottom. This is a kid who worked hard and played pretty well in HS, got a scholarship, but this time last year had a pretty serious heart issue that caused him to miss the off-season, joined his team late in the season, and let’s be honest, performed like a mediocre freshman who missed the offseason would. He gets clowned for his play but I won’t, heart issues are serious and it clearly messed him up.

Nothing about his play indicates he should get a chance to play in the NBA next year. Everything says he should play in college and develop further.

And now we have his Dad sort of campaigning (but also sort of not, anymore?) to get him in the most competitive league in the world, when clearly his play does not merit it whatsoever, and he’s being set up to fail no matter what he does.

This sucks for the kid man. I hope Bron comes to his senses and realizes what he’s actually doing to his son here. He isn’t doing him a favor.

According to Lebron, the chosen one, everything is about Lebron. Always. Even when his team eliminated from playoffs, he and his agency provide some unimportant news very next day, "Maybe I will retire this summer!", so he can still be in the spotlights. Every single year lately... This time, it seems like they are using Bronny for this.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,751

Post#16 » by SelfishPlayer » Sun May 12, 2024 3:32 am

Bronny wins assuming it's a first round contract.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,501

Post#17 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 3:01 pm

Will LeBron follow Bronny to China if that’s his career path? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,490

Post#18 » by Bankai » Sun May 12, 2024 3:04 pm

LeBron will wait to see who drafts Bronny. If its Lakers, then fine. If its not Lakers, then LeBron will ask for the Lakers to trade for him, if they cant, he is signing with the team that drafts Bronny. Then LeBron retires after the season. He dont care.
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 604

Post#19 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Sun May 12, 2024 3:17 pm

It would be really different if Bronny was a decent NBA prospect. This isn't like when the Heat drafted Shabazz Napier to appease LeBron. I don't think anyone is wasting their pick on Bronny. Kid should stay in college, get healthy, get better, this media circus doesn't help him at all.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,092

Post#20 » by dockingsched » Sun May 12, 2024 3:39 pm

It’s hilarious how riled up people get at any sign of nepotism or helping out your family when the nba is filled with it at every level. Lebron effect :lol:
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to The General Board