Why isn’t playoff inexperience holding OKC back as people claimed?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

BmanInBigD
Sixth Man
And1: 630

Re: Why isn’t playoff inexperience holding OKC back as people claimed? 

Post#161 » by BmanInBigD » Sun May 12, 2024 12:46 am

BeiBeau wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Washington and Hardaway sustained their good scoring run in Game 3. Feels sustainable for the next 2-3 games you think? LOL

You know you are allowed to not be a douche on the internet. It’s not a requirement I promise.

Should mods be on here calling someone a douche? Thunder fans need to grow up as much as their team does.

Trust me. Mods can do whatever they want on here. Kinda sickening, actually.
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,597

Post#162 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:48 am

BeiBeau wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Washington and Hardaway sustained their good scoring run in Game 3. Feels sustainable for the next 2-3 games you think? LOL

You know you are allowed to not be a douche on the internet. It’s not a requirement I promise.

Should mods be on here calling someone a douche? Thunder fans need to grow up as much as their team does.

I didn’t call anyone anything I was simply advising him of his rights vis a vis the internet. It’s something lots of folks should ponder.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,161

Post#163 » by Mr B » Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 am

Forbes wrote:Tough series. They still have time but if they’re eliminated they did just gain a ton of experience. They’ll be right back here next year and wiser.

This series is without a doubt going to help OKC long term.
BmanInBigD
Sixth Man
And1: 630

Post#164 » by BmanInBigD » Sun May 12, 2024 1:02 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

I didn’t call anyone anything I was simply advising him of his rights vis a vis the internet. It’s something lots of folks should ponder.

Wow. Nice job wiggling out of that one. :lol:
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,782

Post#165 » by infinite11285 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 am

BmanInBigD wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Trust me. Mods can do whatever they want on here. Kinda sickening, actually.

MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#166 » by MFT5 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:25 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

yu are definitely allowed to not be a weirdo on the internet but unfortunately everyone isn’t capable of class i guess those ppl are more money talk than moral

thunder fans are definitely bottom of the barrel trash hopefully we only have to hear from them for 2 more games
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,597

Post#167 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:34 am

MFT5 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

yu are definitely allowed to not be a weirdo on the internet but unfortunately everyone isn’t capable of class i guess those ppl are more money talk than moral

thunder fans are definitely bottom of the barrel trash hopefully we only have to hear from them for 2 more games

Another shining example of someone in need of this education.
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#168 » by MFT5 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:41 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
MFT5 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Another shining example of someone in need of this education.

another grammar police that actually has nothing informative to add but only wants the world to adapt to their below avg perspectives on what is reality

bros definitely top 5 weirdo lol real scum i hope life works out for that guy lol
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,499

Post#169 » by WestbrookGOATed » Sun May 12, 2024 1:50 am

Papi_swav wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So you think OKC beats Dallas 4-1?
I do. Dallas gets one at home and OKC finishes it off at home in game 5. I don't see the Mavs, or anyone really, beating the Thunder at home.

interested in how you feel now.?
Obviously not at confident as I was :lol: I'm still taking OKC at home in 7 but I won't be surprised if Dallas wins in 6.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,097

Post#170 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 12, 2024 1:51 am

If OKC loses this series SGA will get a pass along with his teammates who are "young" but he's actually six months older than Luka, and yet hasn't taken near the criticism Luka has over the years. Mavs fans had to hear how the Clippers owned Luka (who was 21) when Porzingis was either injured or coming up small, Brunson was a pup, and they started Boban. Luka was being guarded by prime Kawhi and was fantastic against them both times, but he couldn't beat them by himself. Took it to 6 and then 7 games though. Mavs were up 3-2 in the second series and they lost at home by 7, if Porzingis gave more than 7 points, well do the math.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,231

Post#171 » by Johnny Bball » Sun May 12, 2024 2:02 am

They should have been trading picks at the deadline to add talent and experience, and not wasting their tradable salary/cap space on Hayward. Said it more than once, will say it again.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,956

Post#172 » by basketballRob » Sun May 12, 2024 2:09 am

Precious Anchiuwa would look great on OKC. I think they need a really good defensive PF.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,551

Post#173 » by DoctorX » Sun May 12, 2024 2:11 am

ChipotleWest wrote:If OKC loses this series SGA will get a pass along with his teammates who are "young" but he's actually six months older than Luka, and yet hasn't taken near the criticism Luka has over the years. Mavs fans had to hear how the Clippers owned Luka (who was 21) when Porzingis was either injured or coming up small, Brunson was a pup, and they started Boban. Luka was being guarded by prime Kawhi and was fantastic against them both times, but he couldn't beat them by himself. Took it to 6 and then 7 games though. Mavs were up 3-2 in the second series and they lost at home by 7, if Porzingis gave more than 7 points, well do the math.

Agreed. The main reason why I picked the Mavs to beat the Clippers this year is that in the past two times they played Luka they barely beat him. I always felt if Luka just had a little bit more help, he would have beaten the Clippers in those past 2 matchups. I felt going into the series this year they would beat the Clippers with the addition of having Kyrie who is a legit star who historically comes up big in the playoffs.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#174 » by HMFFL » Sun May 12, 2024 2:23 am

OKC is loaded with talent and they've done most things right. They're not a team like Orlando that has far less experience because OKC already has a established superstar.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,534

Post#175 » by og15 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:28 am

DoctorX wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:If OKC loses this series SGA will get a pass along with his teammates who are "young" but he's actually six months older than Luka, and yet hasn't taken near the criticism Luka has over the years. Mavs fans had to hear how the Clippers owned Luka (who was 21) when Porzingis was either injured or coming up small, Brunson was a pup, and they started Boban. Luka was being guarded by prime Kawhi and was fantastic against them both times, but he couldn't beat them by himself. Took it to 6 and then 7 games though. Mavs were up 3-2 in the second series and they lost at home by 7, if Porzingis gave more than 7 points, well do the math.

Agreed. The main reason why I picked the Mavs to beat the Clippers this year is that in the past two times they played Luka they barely beat him. I always felt if Luka just had a little bit more help, he would have beaten the Clippers in those past 2 matchups. I felt going into the series this year they would beat the Clippers with the addition of having Kyrie who is a legit star who historically comes up big in the playoffs.

Us knowing Kawhi would not be healthy going into the series kind of helps that prediction too. Not like the Mavs would have lost either of those two times either if Kawhi didn't play.

Despite Harden's age, Clippers also didn't have anyone his caliber as the third guy hen they previously met up.

Mavs are definitely better, but them beating the Clippers this season says little about how well they would have done against a Clippers with healthy Kawhi.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,019

Post#176 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 12, 2024 2:32 am

Who blames Luka? All the noise regarding Luka is that the Mavs haven’t been able to put a good team around him. He’s been regarded as a top 5 player for years now and often near top of the MVP ladder even though his team record is never enough. His 2 series against Kawhi are remembered very positively when it comes to his legacy. And for a player that whines and flops as much as he does, he’s extremely well liked by fans, including me.

The SGA hate is a little weird to be honest. He’s another likeable star, just like Luka.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,097

Post#177 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 12, 2024 2:35 am

ForeverTFC wrote:

Who blames Luka? All the noise regarding Luka is that the Mavs haven’t been able to put a good team around him. He’s been regarded as a top 5 player for years now and often near top of the MVP ladder even though his team record is never enough. His 2 series against Kawhi are remembered very positively when it comes to his legacy. And for a player that whines and flops as much as he does, he’s extremely well liked by fans, including me.

The SGA hate is a little weird to be honest. He’s another likeable star, just like Luka.

Luka gets tons of criticism by the national media and has lots of fans that hate him. I agree with everything you said about him, but most don't see it that way even though it's logical. Trust me I've seen it.

Even Tim Hardaway Sr. father of Jr. keeps talking smack about Luka's game, and his son is his teammate. Former Mav Chandler Parsons criticized Luka too for being too ball dominant. Just two examples, but he gets it from all over espn and people covering the NBA.
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,551

Post#178 » by DoctorX » Sun May 12, 2024 2:41 am

og15 wrote:
DoctorX wrote:

Us knowing Kawhi would not be healthy going into the series kind of helps that prediction too. Not like the Mavs would have lost either of those two times either if Kawhi didn't play.

Despite Harden's age, Clippers also didn't have anyone his caliber as the third guy hen they previously met up.

Mavs are definitely better, but them beating the Clippers this season says little about how well they would have done against a Clippers with healthy Kawhi.

Luka also has been banged up in these playoffs but if both things are equally with Luka and Kawhi being healthy I still pick the current Mavs over the current Clippers in a 7-game series. Luka was lighting up a healthy Kawhi in both of those previous series. His supporting cast was the main reason he couldn't beat the Clippers in the past.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,083

Post#179 » by Blazing_royale » Sun May 12, 2024 2:41 am

Luka doing something right if he's got haters
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,502

Post#180 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 3:42 am

Johnny Bball wrote:They should have been trading picks at the deadline to add talent and experience, and not wasting their tradable salary/cap space on Hayward. Said it more than once, will say it again.

The good news for the Thunder is they will have the same opportunity (your suggestions) moving forward.

i do think they will have learned their lesson, not become Ainge accumulator of picks but never swung a big deal or the Warriors belieiving they can do both (stock up on young guys while remaining contenders; 2 birds one stone type or plan) because it is tough to win a single NBA title and you need to trade those assets to improve ASAP or else that title window might close.

I am seeing it now, multiple first rounders + Giddey for a star, not sure who.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.

Return to The General Board