Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,292

Re: Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny. 

Post#81 » by Clemenza » Sun May 12, 2024 8:27 am

Damn, what happened to this once great franchise?
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,268

Re: Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny. 

Post#82 » by BDM22 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:30 am

Sixers in 4 wrote:This is hilarious and hell no to Lebron playing for the Sixers. He is done. He had his chance let him finish out his career in LA.

You're tripping. He put up 27/7/8 on 63% TS this year and played 71 games. You'd rather have Malik Monk or something?
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,255

Post#83 » by Lalouie » Sun May 12, 2024 8:33 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Pattycakes wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:If they get Bronny, it’s the steal of the draft. I have him #1 on by big board in terms of pure talent

Bronny should have to try out for the G league before even being invited to the draft

36% FG%! That's rare basketball talent!

He grew up with basketball courts in his mansions. How does he shoot so bad?

because he grew up with basketball courts in his mansions
Sixers in 4
Pro Prospect
And1: 780

Post#84 » by Sixers in 4 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:35 am

BDM22 wrote:
Sixers in 4 wrote:This is hilarious and hell no to Lebron playing for the Sixers. He is done. He had his chance let him finish out his career in LA.

You're tripping. He put up 27/7/8 on 63% TS this year and played 71 games.

So resign him to a maximum 3-year deal and use your first on Bronny Jr that way everybody is happy.

We'll sign someone who isn't going to turn 42 when his contract ends and we can revisit this thread in three years.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,317

Post#85 » by SlimShady83 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:38 am

Slacktard wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:Yeh but Bron has stated that playing with Bronny no longer a top priority for him and him retiring Laker Is on his wish list - edit his words not mine

Let's just hope Lakers don't just draft him In 1st round for the sake of It.

I very much doubt something he wanted to do for years has suddenly stopped being of interest to him. I think what he has realized is the pressure and ridicule the public nature of his desire was having on his son. So saying that is a way to reduce that IMO.

lol didn't pop this out of thin air my man, It was posted in the wiretaps a while back. I'm hater and can't stand Bron and yet I know this lmoa
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,255

Post#86 » by Lalouie » Sun May 12, 2024 8:39 am

hasnt lebr already expressed a desire to stay in los angeles

making this very strange

maybe lebr PUBLICLY says bronny makes his own decision, follows it up with he's staying no matter what,,,then has private talks to draft broony, thereby avoid any backlash by having previously "leaving it up to bronny" when that was never the case to begin with place
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,268

Post#87 » by BDM22 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:45 am

Sixers in 4 wrote:
BDM22 wrote:

You're tripping. He put up 27/7/8 on 63% TS this year and played 71 games.

So resign him to a maximum 3-year deal and use your first on Bronny Jr that way everybody is happy.

We'll sign someone who isn't going to turn 42 when his contract ends and we can revisit this thread in three years.

Like who?!

OG and Siakam are staying put. Knicks and Pacers can offer more money and will. They gave up assets to trade for them.

What else is there? Paul George? Good 2nd option if you can't get Lebron but he's 34 and already plays like he's older than Lebron! What am I missing here?

I am not a Laker fan or Lebron fan btw (you framed your reply like I was). Just an outside observer. If Philly can get Lebron he's perfect for them (considering the options).
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,538

Post#88 » by whitehops » Sun May 12, 2024 9:28 am

OriginalRed wrote:It's not a big deal if it keeps him happy but man, I can't imagine how awkward that locker room potentially will be if/when Bronny has a bad stretch and Lebron pressures the coach to keep playing him while taking away the potential minutes of other guys.

i honestly hope for everyone involved that bronny and lebron aren't on the same team. i know nothing about their relationship but i know how much lebron demands of his teammates and i can't see it working well given how much bronny has to improve.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,020

Post#89 » by LaLover11 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 am

whitehops wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:It's not a big deal if it keeps him happy but man, I can't imagine how awkward that locker room potentially will be if/when Bronny has a bad stretch and Lebron pressures the coach to keep playing him while taking away the potential minutes of other guys.

i honestly hope for everyone involved that bronny and lebron aren't on the same team. i know nothing about their relationship but i know how much lebron demands of his teammates and i can't see it working well given how much bronny has to improve.

You guys are making it a big deal when it's really not
Lakers drafted Jalen Hood previous Draft and he was a trash player that stayed in the G league all season.

Bronny will simply become the 3rd string PG/SG for the Lakers. He will learn from Reaves/LeBron everyday to become a hustle defender that can hit the open 3

LeBron learned from his first stint in Cleveland
He doesn't want Bronny drafted to a terrible franchise like the Bobcats or Pistons. This was all planned out to give Bronny drafted into a great contender near his family.

Also if Bronny was a #1 draft pick he would've got so much pressure and hate from the Bron Haters.
This method will give Bronny time to grow and have a chance to win a championship with his Dad in a beautiful city
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,538

Post#90 » by whitehops » Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 am

LaLover11 wrote:
whitehops wrote:i honestly hope for everyone involved that bronny and lebron aren't on the same team. i know nothing about their relationship but i know how much lebron demands of his teammates and i can't see it working well given how much bronny has to improve.

You guys are making it a big deal when it's really not
Lakers drafted Jalen Hood previous Draft and he was a trash player that stayed in the G league all season.

Bronny will simply become the 3rd string PG/SG for the Lakers. He will learn from Reaves/LeBron everyday to become a hustle defender that can hit the open 3

LeBron learned from his first stint in Cleveland
He doesn't want Bronny drafted to a terrible franchise like the Bobcats or Pistons. This was all planned out to give Bronny drafted into a great contender near his family.

Also if Bronny was a #1 draft pick he would've got so much pressure and hate from the Bron Haters.
This method will give Bronny time to grow and have a chance to win a championship with his Dad in a beautiful city

again, knowing nothing about their relationship - i just thought them being on the same team would strain their relationship because lebron would give him the "chalmers treatment".
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,257

Post#91 » by AdagioPace » Sun May 12, 2024 9:44 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:If they get Bronny, it’s the steal of the draft. I have him #1 on by big board in terms of pure talent

Lakers should definitely draft Bronny

"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,446

Post#92 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 1:02 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Man, forget that, he should come back to the Cavs, we'll trade ya Mitchell.

YES PLEASE :nod: :nod: :nod:

Edit: You'd have to throw us a couple pics with It :) after all you gonna sell tickets etc
We literally have no picks to trade. Mitchell or LeBron walks and we sign him anyways.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,511

Post#93 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 2:52 pm

Yes! Bring back LeBron please so that you can’t rebuild yet and LA will be mired in mediocrity for the next 5 years or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,932

Post#94 » by lakerz12 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:48 am

Clemenza wrote:Damn, what happened to this once great franchise?

as if any sports franchise can remain ALWAYS at an elite level.

That's the thing with the Lakers - -- if they aren't elite everyone considers them a failure.

They made the WCF last year.

how many teams have done that recently?

not many. The expectations are just astronomic.

Then you put an even bigger douche like LeBron on the team. Astronomic expectations go even higher.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#95 » by JN61 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:55 am

BlzMwt wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:The Lakers used to be such an enviable organization. What a sham they've become.

An organization bending over backwards for a current top 10 player and one whom many consider the possible GOAT is them becoming a sham?

He isn't top 10. Especially next year. Might not be even top 20
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#96 » by Effigy » Mon May 13, 2024 5:07 am

What?! But I read on Twitter that they are trading the 17th pick for their third star!
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,020

Post#97 » by LaLover11 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:55 am

Effigy wrote:What?! But I read on Twitter that they are trading the 17th pick for their third star!

Will cry when Bronny becomes a all star
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#98 » by Effigy » Mon May 13, 2024 6:09 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Effigy wrote:What?! But I read on Twitter that they are trading the 17th pick for their third star!

Will cry when Bronny becomes a all star

Nah, I’d be thrilled for the kid. I have nothing against him.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,093

Post#99 » by sjballer03 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:38 am

Bronny can have an Austin rivers sort of career track, but it may be difficult to achieve that if Lebron is your dad. Everyone knows Doc Rivers is a motivational sort of coach that doesn't get on any of his players (for better or worse) and that probably made things easier for his son. No one wants to work with or work for an overbearing dad. It will be a bit annoying making mistakes and seeing your dad waiting for you on the bench or yelling at you on the court lol. This is not a specific criticism of Lebron, but it's not going to be a walk in the park for Bronny.
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 664

Post#100 » by PedroFlu » Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 am

Unless Lakers manage to get Mitchell, theyre fcked. Nowhere to go. West will swallow them

Return to The General Board