Skip Bayless goes all in on James Harden

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,936

Re: Skip Bayless goes all in on James Harden 

Post#21 » by dirkules_41 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:06 pm

Not a fan of Skip at all but that sounds like a pretty accurate James Harden situation summary.
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,399

Post#22 » by Godymas » Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 pm

Everything he’s done after Houston has been kind of sad at this point. I only give him credit for playing injured in the Milwaukee series. When Philly just gave up in 2022, I had so much less respect for him. Then 2023 him and Embiid disappeared at the end.

When he got to LA, I was skeptical. he had that stretch for the first few months, where he looked almost like the best version of himself since leaving Houston. Then when he did not make the All-Star team, he apparently threw a tantrum and just kind of fell off. that was kind of the final straw when he clearly was only in this for the recognition and not for anything else beyond that. I guess the signs were there earlier, though when he was looking for a max contract or a payday of some kind after his kind of OK season with the 76ers.
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 152

Post#23 » by Astaluego » Sun May 12, 2024 3:41 pm

AdagioPace wrote:lol instead of Harden he should focus this rage on his "semi-retired" part-time teammate with a super star contract

People are cruel or don't empathize, you can't blame him for his knees not holding up, especially when he is always in excellent shape...imagine being one of the best players in the world and not being able to play because he is injured... frustrating. or fun?..as for the money, what should I have done to reject it?
Old Mike Lorenzo
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,800

Post#24 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:44 pm

I don’t fw Skip but he’s not wrong
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,551

Post#25 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 12, 2024 3:45 pm

Posting Skip Bayless takes. We are better than this, OP. :crazy:
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,450

Post#26 » by Woodsanity » Sun May 12, 2024 4:06 pm

Anything you say bad about Harden you can apply to Embiid but 2x worse but Skip keeps jerking Embiid off even though he has the same flaws but worse.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,290

Post#27 » by BeiBeau » Sun May 12, 2024 4:08 pm

NBA4LYFE banned right now dudes. Talk all the James harden **** you want. I promise you he’s reading this and is pissed he can’t get on to spew dumb ass ****.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#28 » by Lalouie » Sun May 12, 2024 4:28 pm

BigGargamel wrote:Posting Skip Bayless takes. We are better than this, OP. :crazy:

we've seen many pointless takes on realgm

the bayles take are no differen than those but the difference IS the knee jerk reaction BECAUSE it's bayles. frankly, harden keeps proving bayles is right on this subject. i mean, when i hear bayles run off the list it's almost mind boggling - do you disagree?

the thing is these are not random rants(although skip doesn't rant anymore). they are fully explainable, and that can be seen in harden's fga. literally harden changes his game come playoffs. he becomes passive, like he leaves the scoring harden behind and tries to be a giving harden and that is not his game. ive heard endlessly the media talking about harden needing to be more assertive and score more when in fact that is the very thing he's giving up.

whatever,,,,harden's sorry playoff numbers speak for themselves
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,551

Post#29 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 12, 2024 4:30 pm

Lalouie wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:Posting Skip Bayless takes. We are better than this, OP. :crazy:

the bayles take are no differen than those but the difference IS the knee jerk reaction BECAUSE it's bayles. frankly, harden keeps proving bayles is right on this subject. i mean, when i hear bayles run off the list it's almost mind boggling - do you disagree?

the thing is these are not random rants(although skip doesn't rant anymore). they are fully explainable, and that can be seen in harden's fga. literally harden changes his game come playoffs. he becomes passive, like he leaves the scoring harden behind and tries to be a giving harden and that is not his game. ive heard endlessly the media talking about harden needing to be more assertive and score more when in fact that is the very thing he's giving up.

I don't agree or disagree because I'm not watching a Skip Bayless video. :lol:
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,692

Post#30 » by Bornstellar » Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 pm

I'm a certified Harden hater but this is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. Dude is constantly getting bashed now that he's older and declining and you never hear him clapping back. I think it's time to move on from crapping on Harden already
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,414

Post#31 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 pm

Demagoog wrote:Some of these videos of Skip get less than 1000 views, lol. Man saw the Dallas analist go viral about Harden and decided he, too, wanted some clout. Pathetic human being, made a career on hating.

That's 90-95% of sports journalists/talking heads over the last 20+ years. Just stop watching them if people want them to go away.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,409

Post#32 » by ItsDanger » Sun May 12, 2024 4:33 pm

Stop giving people like Bayless attention and they will fade.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM

Post#33 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:34 pm

Lalouie wrote:

I sort of agree but its a bit late to be making these kind of proclamations on Harden. He's like 35 and has been out of his prime since the hamstring injuries started up. The time for Harden hot takes was when he was still competing for mvps.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#34 » by Lalouie » Sun May 12, 2024 4:47 pm

Cavsfansince84 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

I sort of agree but its a bit late to be making these kind of proclamations on Harden. He's like 35 and has been out of his prime since the hamstring injuries started up. The time for Harden hot takes was when he was still competing for mvps.

i agree but as long as the media keeps treating harden as a star then so be it. the media was waiting for gsw to come around all of 2024 and gsw will be a topic next year too. so will all the stars of the past decade. does 2024 finish them off for good? i doubt it
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,329

Post#35 » by SerialChiller » Sun May 12, 2024 4:48 pm

Deshaun Taden
Junior
And1: 448

Post#36 » by Deshaun Taden » Sun May 12, 2024 6:26 pm

I watched like 2 minutes. I don't and never have believed in Harden as a champion in the NBA, but I won't stoop so low to make personal attacks and act a hypocrite. Harden has succeeded at the very highest levels of his profession consistently. What has Skip Bayless done? Is Skip Bayless the best journalist in the world? No. Has he ever been close? No. Has Skip Bayless quit his way out of jobs? Yes. Like wtf are we even doing here?

We can't just let these slimebags say what they want and give them free passes. You have to at least have some modicum of integrity and honesty in this thing. Put things in perspective. It's **** basketball man. It's just basketball. We don't need to do this.
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 6,234

Post#37 » by Doranku » Sun May 12, 2024 6:31 pm

Bornstellar wrote:I'm a certified Harden hater but this is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. Dude is constantly getting bashed now that he's older and declining and you never hear him clapping back. I think it's time to move on from crapping on Harden already

I feel the same way. I actually gained respect for him after the playoffs this year. Yeah he had a couple duds to end the series, but for the first 4 games, he was the best player on the court at age 34. Seems like a weird time to come out with this hit piece. Typical Skip.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,928

Post#38 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 12, 2024 6:36 pm

Skip Bayless might be the biggest loser of 2024.

The guy he made quit Shannon Sharpe is now taking off into a star in sports media. Skip on the other hand is struggling to stay relevant. His podcast numbers are really low and his show Undisputed has been losing viewers ever since Shannon left.

Seems like Skip needs to look in the mirror.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM

Post#39 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:39 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Skip Bayless might be the biggest loser of 2024.

The guy he made quit Shannon Sharpe is now taking off into a star in sports media. Skip on the other hand is struggling to stay relevant. His podcast numbers are really low and his show Undisputed has been losing viewers ever since Shannon left.

Criticizing Skip at this point might be worse than him criticizing Harden tbh. Skip is 73. Everyone has known what he is for almost 20 years. It's just time for him to retire. Its not like he's 45-50 and still trying to have a career as a rabble rouser. He already did it and made his millions.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,928

Post#40 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 12, 2024 6:55 pm

Cavsfansince84 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Skip Bayless might be the biggest loser of 2024.

Criticizing Skip at this point might be worse than him criticizing Harden tbh. Skip is 73. Everyone has known what he is for almost 20 years. It's just time for him to retire. Its not like he's 45-50 and still trying to have a career as a rabble rouser. He already did it for good or bad.

I don't care what age he is. He was always a clown to me. The dude was known for trolling LeBron for his entire career. I can see why he has fell off. It's 2024 anybody can get on social media and troll LeBron. People are just tired of the same ol story with Skip.

His debates are cringe worthy. He usually gets an attitude and makes it personal when someone disagrees with him. It's hard to watch stuff like that. You're right he just needs to retire and enjoy the rest of his life on peace.

Return to The General Board