Paul Pierce says SGA would've won MVP if they had more nationally televised games

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,504

Re: Paul Pierce says SGA would've won MVP if they had more nationally televised games 

Post#61 » by TwitterFingers » Sun May 12, 2024 11:32 pm

I think he’s right. The case of a blind squirrel finding a nut.
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 626

Re: Paul Pierce says SGA would've won MVP if they had more nationally televised games 

Post#62 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Sun May 12, 2024 11:36 pm

D.Brasco wrote:
KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:I think the NBA is somewhat having an identity crisis where they don't have that next dominate American player coming off of a title/MVP who also wants to play the media game/be highly marketable. Theres a possibility Jokic might win another title and be already back in Serbia when they come in the locker room for the celebration.

The feeling is the top non-American athletes have more of the Tim Duncan/Kawhi Leonard type of approach to playing basketball/doing media/marketing stuff for the league. Maybe excpetion is Luka & Embiid but I don't see which of the top international stars will have the weekly media circus following them like Bron/Mike/Kobe. The league needs to adapt, these are the top stars in the league, no getting around it.

They are positioning Ant as much as possible to be that guy. Right or wrong with LeBron in the final years of his career, they feel there needs to be an american superstar to be the face of the league and they need that pronto.

I know, I can't believe how many folks...non-clickbait types were ready to run with Ant being the next coming of MJ. It feels very desperate for the NBA media to be crowning a guy before the series is over.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,264

Post#63 » by Lalouie » Sun May 12, 2024 11:47 pm

i don't think tv viewers vote

okc and denver are both out west
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,601

Post#64 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 pm

Maybe, but probably not. It’s true that OKC got very little national attention despite being a top 4 team in the West pretty much all year.

It’s getting overshadowed but Shai is averaging 31/10/8 with 3 blocks and 1 steal per game, the best player in the Mavs series, and in the playoffs overall is 29/8/6 with 3 stocks on 47/37/81

Return to The General Board