Skip Bayless goes all in on James Harden

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Re: Skip Bayless goes all in on James Harden 

Post#41 » by meekrab » Sun May 12, 2024 7:04 pm

Someone should go "all in" on Skip Bayless cuz that guy is the Drew Gooden of Tobias Harrises of sports commentary.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,134

Post#42 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Hating on Skip is futile. He's trash, but dumb people find him entertaining, and there are a lot of dumb people out there. These manufactured fake outrage sports debate shows are here to stay, whether you like it or not. And it's not just casual fans consuming it, you see tons of posts here every day that are hate-filled and fact/nuance-free to the point where they may be coming right from Skip's mouth. Guess who those posters are watching? And there are people who don't agree with him who will tune in to call him an idiot and side with Richard Sherman or whoever they have debating him now. That view counts the same as one coming from a Skip Bayless fan.

Everyone says they just want to watch basketball analysis, but I promise you there are more people here who would rather watch an episode of Undisputed than an episode of the Mind the Game podcast. A Stephen A Smith or Kendrick Perkins rant will get 10x as many Youtube views as a Tim Legler breakdown. That's just where we are now.
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#43 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sun May 12, 2024 11:37 pm

Sixers in 4 wrote:
Demagoog wrote:Some of these videos of Skip get less than 1000 views, lol. Man saw the Dallas analist go viral about Harden and decided he, too, wanted some clout. Pathetic human being, made a career on hating.

I will listen to anyone who is criticizing Harden after the stunt he did. It may not be relevant, so I might not post it, but Harden deserves whatever criticism comes his way.

I mean the dude literally paid a bunch of strippers to hold up a F Morey sign in the hopes he would get traded and threatened to show up out of shape so he would be unplayable but still could get gamechecks. Dude is not a good person I understand how LAC fans sort of have to defend and be fans of him but how anyone else can root for him I dunno.

Some of the things bayless said about harden is true. Those clipper fans might also like the lakers if they defending harden. I didn't want that fool on the clippers anyway. I heard that my favorite current player on the clippers...Terrance there goes that mann, was almost included in the trade. Overjoyed that did not happen. Harden, just like CP3...is a bad luck jinx. And i'm tired of his antics of if I can't win a championship with this team in 2 years, i'm forcing a trade :evil: . Same thing with kyrie.
I will not be surprised if the clippers blow it in the playoffs again, that harden will force another trade. Learn from the past. Sometimes it takes 3 years to crack through & beat certain teams in the playoffs. Took time for the pistons to crack through & beat the celtics. Took time for the bulls to crack through & beat the pistons. Same with the 49ers beating the cowboys, & the colts beating new england.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,197

Post#44 » by KodiakBear » Sun May 12, 2024 11:45 pm

Skip Bayless is a loser
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,426

Post#45 » by lessthanjake » Mon May 13, 2024 12:00 am

James Harden is declined now, and he just was never quite the best player. He’s like a Charles Barkley type of player—where he was great, but never quite the best (even despite getting an MVP) and ended up declining before he was super old.

As the clear #1 guy on his team, Harden led the Rockets to six seasons of 50+ wins (or 50+ win pace in a shortened season) in eight years. This included a 65-win, 8.21 SRS season, where his team won at a 74-win pace when Harden had his co-star with him (they were 44-5 with Harden and Chris Paul). That Rockets team came extremely close to beating the Durant Warriors—often regarded as the best team ever. Meanwhile, in his older years, when he was more of the #2 guy on his teams, he (1) was on a fantastic Nets team that was probably the league’s best team absent injuries to Harden himself and Kyrie; (2) had two 50+ win seasons with the 76ers; and (3) and had a 50+ win season with the Clippers. And prior to the Rockets years, Harden was the 3rd or 4th guy on three 50+ win Thunder teams.

Overall, we’re talking about a guy who has 12 seasons on teams that won 50+ regular season games. That’s a huge amount! There’s not a lot of players in NBA history with more 50+ win seasons. And one of the sub-50-win seasons was the 2021 Nets, who won at a 66-win pace when Harden played. The only other seasons Harden did not play on a 50+ team was on the 2012-2013 Rockets and 2015-2016 Rockets, and both those teams did still make the playoffs.

This is really just not a loser. He’s not had a ton of playoff success obviously, but he played in his prime years in the same conference as the Warriors. Harden has won 15 playoff series and lost 15 playoff series. Very comparable and actually slightly better than Barkley winning 12 playoff series and losing 13. And similar to Karl Malone being 19-19 in playoff series. And that’s the pond Harden is swimming in. I don’t think those guys are losers either. They just weren’t the best!
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,077

Post#46 » by Pharmcat » Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:This is ridiculous guys.

Harden led some strong teams in the West and had some all time great offensive seasons.

I think LeBron and maybe Steph have warped people's expectations of ageing players.

bayles gave harden props for his great seasons. he's talking about the playoffs resume which stand alone and on their own with no comparisons to curry lebron kd

Harden led a team to nearly beating the KD warriors..

Without the dynasty Warriors he's likely in 2 finals and wins 1 ring.

they were soooooooooo close. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Return to The General Board