Has Kyrie rehabbed his image?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Has Kyrie rehabbed his image?

Yes
43%
Not yet
57%

Total votes: 99

doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,564

Re: Has Kyrie rehabbed his image? 

Post#101 » by doogie_hauser » Mon May 13, 2024 11:51 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Maybe he wasn't the toxic one after all? Maybe it was the guy who keeps destroying franchises.

which celtic?

At a guess I think he is actually referring to KD
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,949

Post#102 » by Fo-Real » Mon May 13, 2024 2:33 pm

Nothing has changed, this is just an example of the human attention span.
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#103 » by Magicman125 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:48 pm

In the moment, yes. But it won't last unless they have a good showing (competitive 6 or 7 game series) with consistently good 2 way performances from him in the WCF at minimum.
Above The Rim
Sophomore
And1: 160

Post#104 » by Above The Rim » Mon May 13, 2024 3:27 pm

Absolutely not. He was getting to the point where his play didn’t outweigh the headaches he caused and he apparently realized that. I suppose that is a bit of a surprise.. but I think he would go back to his old ways if he could. He gets zero respect from me.
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 477

Post#105 » by uraverage » Mon May 13, 2024 3:58 pm

Winning heals all.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#106 » by sp6r=underrated » Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 pm

He can't undo the fact he didn't help his teams basically every season from 2017 to 2023 and in some years actively under-mined his teams.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,464

Post#107 » by Billl » Mon May 13, 2024 4:28 pm

Nah. He's legit dumb. No way to rehab that.
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,819

Post#108 » by TheGOATWill » Mon May 13, 2024 4:52 pm

I didn't have a problem with Kyrie wanting out of Cleveland or Boston or Brooklyn. I am a vaccinated person that does not see a problem with his position on Covid vaccine. I think he made a mistake with the documentary. He cosigned someone else's work prior to gathering the full context. It bit him. The biggest disappointment in it is he's plenty sharp enough to express his own views. But it was a mistake that plenty of people make. I never understood crushing the guy for it.
BrooklynDynasty
Pro Prospect
And1: 731

Post#109 » by BrooklynDynasty » Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 am

it wasn't that long ago I was arguing with posters who thought that Isaiah Thomas and John Wall were more valuable players than Kyrie :lol:
shotsquatch
Sixth Man
And1: 3,608

Post#110 » by shotsquatch » Tue May 14, 2024 2:45 am

He's an anti-vaxxer and public antisemite. There's nothing he could do to rehab his image in my eyes, short of a total ideological 180.

Let's be real. Kyrie is balls deep in the new-age pan-Africanist Black Hebrew Israelite nonsense. Makes it hard to take him seriously as a so-called free thinker. Not to mention the deeply suspect opinions these ideologies hold against Jews.

EDIT: How could I forget the guy is a flat earther? And the COVID stuff was totally off the deep-end too:

"Irving shared and interacted with social media posts from a conspiracy theorist on Instagram, claiming that "secret societies are administering vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for a plan of Satan
"

He's got potpourri for brains.
greekman
Senior
And1: 351

Post#111 » by greekman » Tue May 14, 2024 2:47 am

he was willing to forgo a max contract over the vaccine mandate. respect from me
greekman
Senior

Post#112 » by greekman » Tue May 14, 2024 2:51 am

hippesthippo wrote:From my perspective? Yes.

I haven't seen him in the news saying dumb **** and putting his teammates in **** spots in at least a year.

So, either Dallas has him in bubble wrap, I haven't been paying any attention, or Kyrie finally decided he wanted to be a full-time ball player again.

he's not playing in a democratic state that punishes ppl for their position on an unpopular vaccine. he was kicked off the team for tweeting a so called anti semitic 'trope'. getting out of ny is what helped his career.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,141

Post#113 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Tue May 14, 2024 3:00 am

Well on his way, but needs to be like this for a couple of seasons IMO...I have to admit even as a Celts fan I find it hard to not like watching him again.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#114 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 14, 2024 3:05 am

greekman wrote:

I haven't seen him in the news saying dumb **** and putting his teammates in **** spots in at least a year.

So, either Dallas has him in bubble wrap, I haven't been paying any attention, or Kyrie finally decided he wanted to be a full-time ball player again.

he's not playing in a democratic state that punishes ppl for their position on an unpopular vaccine. he was kicked off the team for tweeting a so called anti semitic 'trope'. getting out of ny is what helped his career.

"Unpopular" lol. Irving is more like an entitled, rich ignoramus who thinks the rules don't apply to him like they do to "ordinary" folks.
greekman
Senior

Post#115 » by greekman » Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 am

xdrta+ wrote:
greekman wrote:

"Unpopular" lol. Irving is more like an entitled, rich ignoramus who thinks the rules don't apply to him like they do to "ordinary" folks.

irving gave up a max contract and was on the verge of ending his nba career. the rules did apply to him, he just ended up in the right situation in republican texas.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#116 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 14, 2024 3:18 am

greekman wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
greekman wrote:

irving gave up a max contract and was on the verge of ending his nba career. the rules did apply to him, he just ended up in the right situation in republican texas.

The NYC rules applied to him, he just ignored them because he was so special, and managed to cost his team in the process.

Return to The General Board