Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,852

Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#1 » by Prince187 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:50 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=LvcGqyVJ8gvMOqahRQSDVw

He’s proving all of the doubters wrong. Look at that lightning quick release. It’s obvious he only struggled shooting in college because of his heart problems. He’s looking more and more like a lock for the first round. 40 inch vertical too which makes up for being 6’1. Btw the two time consensus NCAA player of the year only managed to go 14/25

Read on Twitter
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,832

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#2 » by naabzor » Tue May 14, 2024 6:52 am

Did not know dominating now meant being second!
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,579

Post#3 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 14, 2024 7:07 am

And of course the Clutch Sports Propoganda Machine starts to work its magic.

Btw I have no personal ill feelings about Bronny, I really hope he has a long and successful NBA career, but puh-lease, but he is unfairly being used as a pawn by his father and the Rich Paul Cabal.

The best thing for his pro career is not to be drafted to the Lakers/play with his father.

Ideally should have stayed at College for another year and work on the flaws of his game, but that doesn't suit Daddy and Clutch's time line.

It's a bit distasteful to me how a child is being exploited like this.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,119

Post#4 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 14, 2024 7:32 am

naabzor wrote:Did not know dominating now meant being second!

:lol:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,442

Post#5 » by TheNG » Tue May 14, 2024 7:39 am

I think it can be a very smart move for any team to draft him in the 2nd round.
Even if you don't imagine playing him in your team, you still get the chance to either convince LeBron to play for your team for some minimum salary in the future or just get a lot of value from a team that wants him like the Lakers.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 915

Post#6 » by Roy T » Tue May 14, 2024 7:43 am

San Antonio could take a gamble and pick him 8th.

Its not like the draft class is spectacular anyways.
meatwad4343
Bench Warmer
And1: 299

Post#7 » by meatwad4343 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:46 am

he's not an nba player, but if I'm a team in the second round I'm drafting him either to hold him for ransom and get assests out of the lakers if they bite, or just on the off chance you can get a year or two of LeBron if he's willing to sign. This draft sucks anyways why not take the chance. But here's a guy who's had every possible advantage in life, access to the best coaches, nutrition, training, facilities and grew up with the game and still kind of sucks at it. Makes you wonder how much room there is for improvement. I don't think he's going to get to even a g league level.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,472

Post#8 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue May 14, 2024 7:47 am

doogie_hauser wrote:And of course the Clutch Sports Propoganda Machine starts to work its magic.

Btw I have no personal ill feelings about Bronny, I really hope he has a long and successful NBA career, but puh-lease, but he is unfairly being used as a pawn by his father and the Rich Paul Cabal.

The best thing for his pro career is not to be drafted to the Lakers/play with his father.

Ideally should have stayed at College for another year and work on the flaws of his game, but that doesn't suit Daddy and Clutch's time line.

im pretty sure, they let bronnie decide that for himself.

these young guys are about earning money. And if hes drafted as a project he can work on his flaws while on rookie contract and being a fulltime baller. i dont see the issue here. obviously young people shouldnt be pressured into major decisions.

but i have a hard time believing what people say here, regarding using their son to make daddy happy or for PR reasons. i think lebron has narcisstic tendencies but i dont think its that bad.

also this year allegedly is a bad draft class, this is a way better time to head into draft for him.
im bout dat action boss
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,480

Post#9 » by SweaterBae » Tue May 14, 2024 7:48 am

JFC
Gary Cokeman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3,442

Post#10 » by Gary Cokeman » Tue May 14, 2024 7:56 am

Roy T wrote:San Antonio could take a gamble and pick him 8th.

That would be the most incompetent thing the San Antonio front office has ever done.
My Teams Always Suck.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#11 » by Decipher » Tue May 14, 2024 7:58 am

doogie_hauser wrote:And of course the Clutch Sports Propoganda Machine starts to work its magic.

I will try to be as objective as possible as I (obviously) don’t know the family

Parents want what is best for their kids but…

If it was me, I would be handling things very differently

I would have encouraged him to play any sport apart from basketball

Assuming that he still wanted to play the game then he has to stand on his own 2 feet without the James PR machine behind him and rumours about LeBron playing with his son should have been shot down on day one

A similar thing is playing out in golf atm with Tiger and his son

Tiger has done nothing to stop the media hype and his son was getting an attitude

Unfortunately, the public is discovering that his son isn’t remotely near the level of some others of his age and I’d imagine it’s a bit of a gut punch

Welcome to the real world junior
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,057

Post#12 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:05 am

Read on Twitter
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,987

Post#13 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 am

I just realised that Lebron stans are going to be around a lot longer if Bronny makes the league. Fml
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Gary Cokeman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3,442

Post#14 » by Gary Cokeman » Tue May 14, 2024 8:16 am

AussieCeltic wrote:I just realised that Lebron stans are going to be around a lot longer if Bronny makes the league. Fml

Lol gonna be hard to stan for someone averaging 1.6 PPG on 36% shooting.
My Teams Always Suck.
djw
Junior
And1: 611

Post#15 » by djw » Tue May 14, 2024 8:31 am

Prince187 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s proving all of the doubters wrong. Look at that lightning quick release. It’s obvious he only struggled shooting in college because of his heart problems. He’s looking more and more like a lock for the first round. 40 inch vertical too which makes up for being 6’1. Btw the two time consensus NCAA player of the year only managed to go 14/25

Read on Twitter

Let's talk about sample size. Surely 25 open shots negate the result of a college season. Not saying he didn't or can't improve but even I have had days where I made 20/25 threes in a practice environment.

Roy T wrote:San Antonio could take a gamble and pick him 8th.

Since the Spurs most likely only have few top 10 picks left before Wemby gets them to contender status I wouldn't waste any of them on a gamble, weak draft or not.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 809

Post#16 » by madskillz8 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:43 am

"Btw the two time consensus NCAA player of the year only managed to go 14/25"

Edey, who tried exactly 1 three pointer in four years college career shooting ONLY 14/25 ... After this brick throwing performance his stock will drop rapidly fpr sure.

Joking aside, Edey shooting 14/25 in a gym should tell something to the OP, alongside with Ben Simmons' offseason clips.

Edit: nevermind, after watching the clip and reading "Look at that lightning quick release" part, I understand that I took the bait. Good job OP :lol:
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,873

Post#17 » by ThatClockWork » Tue May 14, 2024 8:46 am

I would burn a first on him. Toronto should. You have nothing to lose. But there are too many Bron haters that can't admit his son actually has some talent. That is just me though.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,480

Post#18 » by SweaterBae » Tue May 14, 2024 8:48 am

ThatClockWork wrote:I would burn a first on him. Toronto should. You have nothing to lose. But there are too many Bron haters that can't admit his son actually has some talent. That is just me though.

"you have nothing to lose"

:noway:
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,709

Post#19 » by PlatinumState » Tue May 14, 2024 9:02 am

Sure, standing around while being defended by a ghost means a lot for one's future nba prospects. Teams are salivating I tells ya
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,057

Post#20 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 am

SweaterBae wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:I would burn a first on him. Toronto should. You have nothing to lose. But there are too many Bron haters that can't admit his son actually has some talent. That is just me though.

"you have nothing to lose"

:noway:

You're such a hater to reply in the middle of the night :x
Let it go and accept the Bronny Era is upon us 8-)
Bronny will become Murray 2.0

Return to The General Board