Boston has the easiest road to the NBA finals ever

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Re: Boston has the easiest road to the NBA finals ever 

Post#61 » by RoyceDa59 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:32 am

While I’d have to agree, this road was weak.

But I don’t hold it against them because I believe they would have also beat a healthy Bucks and/or Sixers team.
Go Raps!!
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,385

Post#62 » by BodieB » Tue May 14, 2024 5:58 am

It's almost as if taking the regular season seriously paid off for them. Imagine that.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,119

Post#63 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue May 14, 2024 6:00 am

BodieB wrote:It's almost as if taking the regular season seriously paid off for them. Imagine that.

wut? What does that have to do with facing teams decimated by injuries in the playoffs?
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,119

Post#64 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue May 14, 2024 6:03 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:While I’d have to agree, this road was weak.

But I don’t hold it against them because I believe they would have also beat a healthy Bucks and/or Sixers team.

the Bucks took them to Game 7 without Middleton. How do you arrive at this conclusion? So you think nothing would have changed had the Bucks had their 2nd best player and playoff closer? Sixers I agree with. And I don't think either MIA or CLE beat the Celtics if healthy either. But they might have extended the series which could have tired them out and left them vulnerable if not for the ECF but certainly the Finals (which is what happened in 2022.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,650

Post#65 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 6:14 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:

the Bucks took them to Game 7 without Middleton. How do you arrive at this conclusion? So you think nothing would have changed had the Bucks had their 2nd best player and playoff closer? Sixers I agree with. And I don't think either MIA or CLE beat the Celtics if healthy either. But they might have extended the series which could have tired them out and left them vulnerable if not for the ECF but certainly the Finals (which is what happened in 2022.

Oh yeah wow, just act like the Bucks of 2024 are the same team as the 2022 one :lol:
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 843

Post#66 » by Gatorade Sax » Tue May 14, 2024 6:18 am

It’s gotta be up there..

Heat without Butler.

Sketchy Cavs team whose one star is obviously hobbled.

Potential matchups in the ECF..Both Indy’s and New Yorks star pgs also clearly playing through injury.

Only issue is that they will go all the way to the finals without having been tested at all. Could suit them as they’ll be well rested, but you know whoever makes it out of the West is coming in battle hardened.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,422

Post#67 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:39 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:Cool story bro

Op is right , you know
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,158

Post#68 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 am

If we win the finals, I’ll take the asterisk with a second helping thanks…
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,589

Post#69 » by Wargreymon » Tue May 14, 2024 6:43 am

Well they still have to beat the juggernaut of a team that comes out of the West. If they do that, then they deserve to be champions regardless of the pathetic, soft, weak, injury-riddled Leastern Conference.
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,583

Post#70 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 14, 2024 7:36 am

I am sick and tired of hearing excuses from salty
Bucks and Heat fans (and to a lesser extent Sixers) about injuries.

The Knicks have been banged up worse than all shem since pretty much post all star break) and
yet they still fighting for their lives in the East Smi Finals, even down 3 starters or so for games 3 and 4.

If Milwaukee were as good as their fans say, they should have beaten the Pacers in the first round without regardless without Giannis.

And Miami got the ass whooping in the first round they deserved, after thinking they could phone it in for most of the regular season.

I would suggest both Milwaukee and Heat fans need to stop making excuses for their underwhelming seasons and perhaps acknowledge their teams are
not the contenders they thought they were anymore.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,272

Post#71 » by Lalouie » Tue May 14, 2024 7:39 am

okc got rid of the spurs and miami got rid of the bucks for lebron

the ROAD doesn't have to be paved, just the difficult teams,,,usually being that team that is supposedly the best that year

if you're the top team you're expected to win all those series anyway
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,990

Post#72 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 7:47 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:

Considering Jrue Holiday was on the Bucks then and Celtics now, I’d say comparing the 2022 teams to 2024 teams isn’t very smart.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,442

Post#73 » by TheNG » Tue May 14, 2024 8:11 am

They are on the LeBron path.
That's how you accumulate "conference finals" championship and accumluate more "total Playoff points" (yes, one guy even made a thread here about Tatum and how he's good at that stat category).

But let's see how many real titles they can grab. Getting to the finals many times doesn't guarantee having many rings. You can go the finals 10 times and still lose more than you win.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,544

Post#74 » by CodeBreaker » Tue May 14, 2024 8:13 am

Yea this is an asterisk chip if they win.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,719

Post#75 » by reload141 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:35 am

Watching the tears flowing in this thread is when we haven’t even won anything yet is glorious.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,343

Post#76 » by Sweet Serenity » Tue May 14, 2024 8:38 am

CodeBreaker wrote:Yea this is an asterisk chip if they win.

Well in that case I guess you’re fine with your team only having 1 real championship ?
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,444

Post#77 » by Nuntius » Tue May 14, 2024 8:50 am

Shock Defeat wrote:Heat without butler as an 8 seed.

Mediocre cavs no Allen and now without Mitchell

Injured Knicks without og, Robinson, or Randle or a pacers team that is soft.

Never had to face the 2nd or 3rd best teams in the east because embiid was injured so much and taken out, same with bucks not having Giannis

I've never seen a team that can just sleepwalk their way to the finals without any resistance. This makes the warriors path to the finals in 2015 look like murderers row.

I know that this isn't really in-scope for what is essentially a Celtics-bashing threat but what exactly makes this Pacers team soft?
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,676

Post#78 » by nomansland » Tue May 14, 2024 8:54 am

ChuckChilly wrote:Didn't they say that about the Nuggets last year?

People are still saying it, despite the fact that half the media predicted them to lose to Phoenix and some people even thought they'd lose to the Lakers.

This is just dumb chatter. Fun for some people, but still not really relevant or meaningful.
QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,272

Post#79 » by QingJames » Tue May 14, 2024 10:03 am

That would be the 2022 Warriors.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,766

Post#80 » by CoP » Tue May 14, 2024 10:23 am

It's unfortunate that there are so many teams that have players that can't get through a season and postseason healthy. In an ideal world, every team would be fully healthy for every series. But that's not the reality. Oh well.

I'm so glad the Celtics have ironmen like Tatum and Brown, rather than players like Butler that admit that they coast through the regular season, get injured before the playoffs because they're not tough enough, and then talk **** like a loser after the fact about how different it would have been if they played. Talk about soft.

Return to The General Board