The SGA experience

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Will SGA keep drawing fouls where he starts the contact?

Yes, legit fouls. Defenders have to be able to avoid him.
41%
No, not real basketball. Refs will catch up with it.
59%

Total votes: 126

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,312

Re: The SGA experience 

Post#101 » by God Squad » Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 pm

Quattro wrote:
God Squad wrote:SGA has 1 thing to say to y'all.

He's saying "**** yo couch?" to everyone?

Some of the SGA takes in here are crazy.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,353

Post#102 » by ThunderBolt » Tue May 14, 2024 4:20 pm

Xatticus wrote:There was your SGA experience. Did you enjoy it?

SGA doesn’t need to get to the FT line to beat you. He is a shot maker. Nobody can defend him, so they foul him and gripe about how often he gets to the FT line. It’s not as if he is out there barking at officials and throwing his hands up in the air every time he falls on his fat ass, so I struggle to understand how anyone can watch this series and have SGA’s free throw rate at the top of their list of complaints.

Read on Twitter

I posted this in the game thread but needs to be shared elsewhere to fight some of this SGA slander.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
The Servant
Senior
And1: 717

Post#103 » by The Servant » Tue May 14, 2024 4:27 pm

6 ft's attempted as well. Lmao
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,158

Post#104 » by slick_watts » Tue May 14, 2024 4:45 pm

The Servant wrote:6 ft's attempted as well. Lmao

two of those were from a take foul.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,596

Post#105 » by eyriq » Tue May 14, 2024 4:51 pm

It's awful to watch.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,282

Post#106 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 pm

I hate the SGA experience (as a guy rooting for the other team). I'd love it if I didn't want the Mavs to win. But it sucks to know he's going to get to his spot and not so much as glance the rim. And make it all look so effortless.

Last night must have been how Thunder fans felt in game 1 in 2011 with Dirk. Like what are we even supposed to do with this?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
The Servant
Senior
And1: 717

Post#107 » by The Servant » Tue May 14, 2024 5:07 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I hate the SGA experience (as a guy rooting for the other team). I'd love it if I didn't want the Mavs to win. But it sucks to know he's going to get to his spot and not so much as glance the rim. And make it all look so effortless.

Last night must have been how Thunder fans felt in game 1 in 2011 with Dirk. Like what are we even supposed to do with this?

Lmao let's not not disrespect Dirks 50 pointer on 25 shots with a perfect 20/20 from the line. Craziest game I witnessed outside of Klays 3rd quarter when they were down 3-1.

Those two games + losing Harden to 4m of luxury tax are the traumas ill never forget.
Texas Chuck

Post#108 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 5:08 pm

The Servant wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I hate the SGA experience (as a guy rooting for the other team). I'd love it if I didn't want the Mavs to win. But it sucks to know he's going to get to his spot and not so much as glance the rim. And make it all look so effortless.

Lmao let's not not disrespect Dirks 50 pointer on 25 shots with a perfect 20/20 from the line. Craziest game I witnessed outside of Klays 3rd quarter when they were down 3-1.

I'm not disrespecting Dirk. But you are. He took 15 shots. And I believe he was 24/24(I know it was more than 20.)
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,050

Post#109 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue May 14, 2024 5:17 pm

eyriq wrote:It's awful to watch.

A man who drives 25 times a game gets 6 FT in a dominant two way game on literally pure skill in the post, with ball handling, midrange pull up, and rarely turns the ball over… I agree it’s so painful to watch! :lol: :lol:. You guys seriously are delusional and acting like he’s James Harden or Embiid with this stuff.

If guys can’t handle a 185 lbs pushing off without falling over like pins at a bowling alley, they need to hit the damn weight room.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Texas Chuck

Post#110 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 5:25 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:If guys can’t handle a 185 lbs pushing off without falling over like pins at a bowling alley, they need to hit the damn weight room.

Well not this. This is a fundamental lack of understanding of leverage and balance and why SGA does that. He's pushing them when he knows he can move them. Just as we have seen 200 lb running backs stiff arm 250 lb linebackers to great effect.

This idea that everyone is flopping against SGA is laughably false. And a discredit to the guy you want to stan for.

And of course Dort who is built like a tank with a low center of gravity is on the court what 10x as many times as string bean Derrick Jones? And you get mad when anyone suggests he's flopping like a fish on a hook?

It's dumb. Luka needs to stop trying to get the refs to call a flop on Dort. He's clearly flopping but they aren't going to call it so move on. Dallas guys aren't falling over like pins, they are getting nudged at the perfect time by an elite player. And Luka needs to let that go too. Refs are saying he's not extending his arm enough for it to be a foul and when he does, well he's a superstar so they aren't going to call it. Deal with it. And to the credit of Jones and Washington and Green, they are dealing with it. They can't stop him, but they aren't flopping and they aren't getting caught up with the refs.

But we need to deal in reality and not these silly narratives both ways.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,050

Post#111 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue May 14, 2024 5:30 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:If guys can’t handle a 185 lbs pushing off without falling over like pins at a bowling alley, they need to hit the damn weight room.

Well not this. This is a fundamental lack of understanding of leverage and balance and why SGA does that. He's pushing them when he knows he can move them. Just as we have seen 200 lb running backs stiff arm 250 lb linebackers to great effect.

This idea that everyone is flopping against SGA is laughably false. And a discredit to the guy you want to stan for.

And of course Dort who is built like a tank with a low center of gravity is on the court what 10x as many times as string bean Derrick Jones? And you get mad when anyone suggests he's flopping like a fish on a hook?

It's dumb. Luka needs to stop trying to get the refs to call a flop on Dort. He's clearly flopping but they aren't going to call it so move on. Dallas guys aren't falling over like pins, they are getting nudged at the perfect time by an elite player. And Luka needs to let that go too. Refs are saying he's not extending his arm enough for it to be a foul and when he does, well he's a superstar so they aren't going to call it. Deal with it. And to the credit of Jones and Washington and Green, they are dealing with it. They can't stop him, but they aren't flopping and they aren't getting caught up with the refs.

But we need to deal in reality and not these silly narratives both ways.

It’s not that I think everyone is flopping. I think SGA is doing what literally 100% of offensive players do now to create contact, but because he’s so elite, people are crying foul on him. Like don’t get me wrong, I hate push offs myself.. but Jordan’s most iconic shot is a flagrant push off. If refs are going to allow it, there is nothing we can do.

And I find it more humorous that his defenders often outweigh him by 50+ lbs and yet the threads were littered with his vicious elbows and push offs as if this guy is Karl Malone or something. I would be ashamed personally if a guy that much skinnier than me was punking me or that much more physical.

He’s a great guy, not dirty, and while he’s got a Mamba like competitiveness, he’s not trying to hurt guys. I don’t see how anyone can watch his actual game and say it’s not aesthetic. It’s completely a master class in skill and IQ.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.

Return to The General Board