Anything but The Jok is Cope

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Mogspan
Senior
And1: 1,247

Anything but The Jok is Cope 

Post#1 » by Mogspan » Tue May 14, 2024 6:47 pm

I’ve seen enough.

As someone who appreciates basketball as a beautiful athletic contest, it’s not easy for me to talk about an earthbound fata*s in this way.

I don’t want it to be the case, but it IS the case: Nikola Jokić is the best player to ever touch a basketball.

And the real kicker of it is that it’s not even particularly close, buddy boyos! It’s to an embarrassing extent. He’s the Wayne Gretzky of basketball, the Shakespeare of hoops.

Jokić is more of a statistical outlier than LeBron, Jordan, Kareem, or any other goat candidate despite playing in, by far, the most internationally competitive era the game has seen.

Have you ever wondered why that is?

It’s because he’s bigger.

It’s because he’s brainier.

It’s because he’s…. better.

As a LeBron fan, someone who has argued for his peak over anyone else’s, I watch his prime games, and I’m like, “why doesn’t he just grab every rebound, orchestrate the entire offense, and effortlessly average 30+ ppg on outstanding true shooting?? Is he stupid???”

Obviously, that’s tongue in cheek. He’s not stupid; he’s just not as good.

Just LMAO at any other goat contender being expected to win multiple titles with his best teammate never having sniffed an all-star game. Jokić on the ‘96 Bulls, ‘13 Heat, or the ‘16 Warriors in place of their MVPs would go 98-0.

“B-b-but Jordan had a killer’s instinct and sells more shoes!! LeBron is more muscular and has a higher vertical!!!”

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Just admit it to yourselves now,

for anything but The Jok is cope.
Also, something that might surprise people. I think when it comes to athleticism, agility, physical attributes and skill I rate LeBron only in the top 50.
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 553

Re: Anything but The Jok is Cope 

Post#2 » by famicommander » Tue May 14, 2024 6:56 pm

Offensively I'm inclined to agree.

Defensively, he's much better than people think he is but nowhere near the same category as a Jordan, Kareem, or LeBron.
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 374

Post#3 » by reddyplayerone » Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 pm

Is it Standup Comedy Day on rgm or something?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,636

Post#4 » by JRoy » Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 pm

Mogspan wrote:I’ve seen enough.

As someone who appreciates basketball as a beautiful athletic contest, it’s not easy for me to talk about an earthbound fata*s in this way.

I don’t want it to be the case, but it IS the case: Nikola Jokić is the best player to ever touch a basketball.

And the real kicker of it is that it’s not even particularly close, buddy boyos! It’s to an embarrassing extent. He’s the Wayne Gretzky of basketball, the Shakespeare of hoops.

Jokić is more of a statistical outlier than LeBron, Jordan, Kareem, or any other goat candidate despite playing in, by far, the most internationally competitive era the game has seen.

Have you ever wondered why that is?

It’s because he’s bigger.

It’s because he’s brainier.

It’s because he’s…. better.

As a LeBron fan, someone who has argued for his peak over anyone else’s, I watch his prime games, and I’m like, “why doesn’t he just grab every rebound, orchestrate the entire offense, and effortlessly average 30+ ppg on outstanding true shooting?? Is he stupid???”

Obviously, that’s tongue in cheek. He’s not stupid; he’s just not as good.

Just LMAO at any other goat contender being expected to win multiple titles with his best teammate never having sniffed an all-star game. Jokić on the ‘96 Bulls, ‘13 Heat, or the ‘16 Warriors in place of their MVPs would go 98-0.

“B-b-but Jordan had a killer’s instinct and sells more shoes!! LeBron is more muscular and has a higher vertical!!!”

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Just admit it to yourselves now,

for anything but The Jok is cope.

He’s a treat to watch.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,470

Post#5 » by Woodsanity » Tue May 14, 2024 7:09 pm

I feel like with realgm its either Jokic is a bum or Jokic is the goat. Cant be no in between. :noway:

Top 10 all time potential is there. Goat might be possible but unlikely.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Mogspan
Senior
And1: 1,247

Post#6 » by Mogspan » Tue May 14, 2024 7:11 pm

reddyplayerone wrote:Is it Standup Comedy Day on rgm or something?

^cope
Also, something that might surprise people. I think when it comes to athleticism, agility, physical attributes and skill I rate LeBron only in the top 50.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,813

Post#7 » by sikma42 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:14 pm

I think we really take Lebron for granted. This is coming from someone who isn’t the biggest fan.

We also don’t account for how bad Jokic is defensively. Right now there really aren’t any very talented teams. We went through the Cleveland and GSW years..now it’s kind of a bunch of meh teams out there.

Nuggets imo have a great team and guys like Gordon are just very underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 374

Post#8 » by reddyplayerone » Tue May 14, 2024 7:14 pm

Mogspan wrote:
reddyplayerone wrote:Is it Standup Comedy Day on rgm or something?

^cope

Yes I am currently coping with your choice for thread title and style of prose

I will likely go to my grave wondering wtf would possess someone to even come up with "Anything but The Jok(e) (sic) is Cope," let alone share it

Also, how the **** do you miss that E?

It's a lot to take in and I'd hope you'd respect my wellbeing at this time
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,001

Post#9 » by Dirk » Tue May 14, 2024 7:17 pm

Don't take this wrong, but there are so many Jokic related threads that we probably don't need another one.

There is a relatively similar one here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2373467#p112583399

Locking the topic. Re-post it further down in the Summer.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board