This was Luka at the beginning of the season

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,599

Re: This was Luka at the beginning of the season 

Post#81 » by Hoop Hunter » Tue May 14, 2024 8:18 pm

druggas wrote:Sweet tea. I love it!

I shouldn't drink it. I'm borderline diabetic. Man, it is so good though.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#82 » by Asianiac_24 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:29 pm

Imagine complaining about a guy averaging 34/9/10 on 62 TS%, is a top 3 MVP candidate, and is playing injured right now being tied 2-2 in the semi finals.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,122

Post#83 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 8:55 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:Imagine complaining about a guy averaging 34/9/10 on 62 TS%, is a top 3 MVP candidate, and is playing injured right now being tied 2-2 in the semi finals.

I'm very aware he's injured but it's possible his conditioning leads to injuries as he is injured more than he should be.
Yuri36
Starter
And1: 1,597

Post#84 » by Yuri36 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
whitehops wrote:a big part of it is genetics i think. just like there are some guys that can never seem to put on muscle, you have guys like luka, zion and jokic that will always struggle to keep weight off. in the off season those guys can focus on keeping their weight down but in season they're more focused on their game and maintaining their bodies, which is usually more about rest/strengthening than dropping weight.

i myself have wide hips and wide shoulders and struggle to keep weight off. it helps when you want to build muscle/strength but yeah you have to actively be trying to drop weight to lose any.

Difference is Jokic took his diet and workout program seriously that’s when MVP and best player in league started for him. The dude works out after games.

And the HUGE difference is that they are playing in totally different positions which require a totally different level of fitness and speed.
Actually if he was just 4/5cm taller, his body and skillset would fit perfectly for center, the problem is that he is playing at point guard where just in order to prevent injuries, you HAVE TO have a way better fitness than the one Luka's had last two seasons, even more so in NBA.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,961

Post#85 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 pm

These guys have no excuses.

I gained 40 pounds during covid. Healthy eating and a hour in the gym I have lost 45 pounds in a 1yr span. It's not hard to stay in shape when you have the best gym equipment, trainers, chefs. These guys are just lazy and don't take their condition serious.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,171

Post#86 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:Imagine complaining about a guy averaging 34/9/10 on 62 TS%, is a top 3 MVP candidate, and is playing injured right now being tied 2-2 in the semi finals.

They’re complaining because improved fitness leads to less injury and better performance. If he was a lesser player the criticism would be there and if he was a better player it would be there.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,718

Post#87 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:00 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:These guys have no excuses.

I gained 40 pounds during covid. Healthy eating and a hour in the gym I have lost 45pounds in a 1yr span. It's not hard to stay in shape when you have the best gym equipment, trainers, chefs. These guys are just lazy and don't take their condition serious.

And you were monster in sport with 40 pounds too much?

Narrative about Luka is as stupid as it gets, people really believe that 34/9/10 with 62 TS% and the biggest usage in the league is possible if you're fat and not prepared? Slim and well conditioned Luka would probably averaged 50/20/20 or what? Do you understand how stupid all this nonsense is? Nobody is top 3 player in the league being fat, especially not Pg.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,961

Post#88 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 14, 2024 10:17 pm

Bob8 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:These guys have no excuses.

I gained 40 pounds during covid. Healthy eating and a hour in the gym I have lost 45pounds in a 1yr span. It's not hard to stay in shape when you have the best gym equipment, trainers, chefs. These guys are just lazy and don't take their condition serious.

And you were monster in sport with 40 pounds too much?

Narrative about Luka is as stupid as it gets, people really believe that 34/9/10 with 62 TS% and the biggest usage in the league is possible if you're fat and not prepared? Slim and well conditioned Luka would probably averaged 50/20/20 or what? Do you understand how stupid all this nonsense is? Nobody is top 3 player in the league being fat, especially not Pg.

Why are you responding to a stupid narrative?

Seems like the fat comments are getting to you. People said he needs to get in better shape. Take it how you will. :D
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,442

Post#89 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:07 pm

It's embarrassing.

The only player still playing in the postseason who is averaging more mpg than Luka (41.9) in the playoffs is Josh Hart (44.1). Hart has a Usage of 16.4%. Luka is double that.

Hart is the only player who has played more total minutes this postseason than Luka.

Hart has a +1.8 DBPM in the playoffs and Luka is at +1.4. They're both playing defense, but one guy has far more offensive burden.

Luka's gimpy as hell. He's struggling.

You can't play 42 mpg in the NBA playoffs and be out of shape.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,122

Post#90 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 11:22 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:

It's embarrassing.

The only player still playing in the postseason who is averaging more mpg than Luka (41.9) in the playoffs is Josh Hart (44.1). Hart has a Usage of 16.4%. Luka is double that.

Hart is the only player who has played more total minutes this postseason than Luka.

Hart has a +1.8 DBPM in the playoffs and Luka is at +1.4. They're both playing defense, but one guy has far more offensive burden.

Luka's gimpy as hell. He's struggling.

You can't play 42 mpg in the NBA playoffs and be out of shape.

A healthy Luka is not going to score 18 and 19 points in a series, it's his knee. But not being in top condition could have been the reason he has the knee and keeps getting injured. I've advocated for him to play less minutes anyway he's been good one game this series Game 2 that's it.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,442

Post#91 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:30 pm

Sprained knee will have an effect. Ditto on whatever is up with his ankle.

He was sick last round too.

This isn't normal Luka. But Fat Luka was way better than this in the playoffs in the past IMO.

Injuries suck.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#92 » by CobraCommander » Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 pm

Dude had a baby -

Takes some time to lose that weight after you have a kid -

Just saying
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#93 » by Mr B » Wed May 15, 2024 12:48 am

Luka probably has a wife that takes really good care of him. I’m guessing most of you guys wouldn’t know anything about that though.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#94 » by CobraCommander » Wed May 15, 2024 3:29 am

Mr B wrote:Luka probably has a wife that takes really good care of him. I’m guessing most of you guys wouldn’t know anything about that though.

I don’t know about a quarter billion in contract value or a.green light to do what I want at work either.

What i do know is conditioning, diet and work ethic that makes me look like im always in the best shape of my life to the outside world, even when im bulking

Luka and I should fuse and become SGA

Return to The General Board