Should the Knicks reconsider giving Anunoby a huge contract this summer?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,347

Re: Should the Knicks reconsider giving Anunoby a huge contract this summer? 

Post#101 » by ShootersShoot » Tue May 14, 2024 11:42 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
dkb964 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:He should get same contract as Dray, who can stay healthy.

In my mind it is hard to compare the two. Dray must be like 7 years older than Anunoby. Anunoby is going to get at the very least 40M a year. The Sixers will give him 40M. He did take below market value contracts in Toronto. He should be looking for a bag here or he hates money for some reason. I think he wants to remain on the Knicks and will recieve a 4 year 160M deal and nobody will blink an eye at it because of how good the Knicks have been with him on the court.
My Sixers want PG13, not another Horford in OG who will not be able to play well with the former MVP on the floor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryantoporek/2019/07/14/al-horford-is-more-than-just-a-109m-insurance-policy-for-the-sixers/?sh=52ce69176ac0

OG and Horford are nothing alike. First of all, Horford was past his prime and also plays the same position as Embiid. OG is 26 years old and can play both forward positions. OG is a better perimeter defender (elite) and shooter than horford. Its not even close..OG's style of play is as plug and play as it gets. Now, if the argument is him or paul george, then yea I'd go with PG or Bridges/Butler for example. But OG would be a fantastic get for any team and that includes the sixers.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,768

Post#102 » by ropjhk » Wed May 15, 2024 12:21 am

You have to take a risk in order to succeed. The Knicks are way better with him. He may get injured but that’s the risk you have to take.
dkb964
Junior
And1: 214

Post#103 » by dkb964 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:05 am

ShootersShoot wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
dkb964 wrote:
In my mind it is hard to compare the two. Dray must be like 7 years older than Anunoby. Anunoby is going to get at the very least 40M a year. The Sixers will give him 40M. He did take below market value contracts in Toronto. He should be looking for a bag here or he hates money for some reason. I think he wants to remain on the Knicks and will recieve a 4 year 160M deal and nobody will blink an eye at it because of how good the Knicks have been with him on the court.
My Sixers want PG13, not another Horford in OG who will not be able to play well with the former MVP on the floor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryantoporek/2019/07/14/al-horford-is-more-than-just-a-109m-insurance-policy-for-the-sixers/?sh=52ce69176ac0

OG and Horford are nothing alike. First of all, Horford was past his prime and also plays the same position as Embiid. OG is 26 years old and can play both forward positions. OG is a better perimeter defender (elite) and shooter than horford. Its not even close..OG's style of play is as plug and play as it gets. Now, if the argument is him or paul george, then yea I'd go with PG or Bridges/Butler for example. But OG would be a fantastic get for any team and that includes the sixers.[/quo

Are we talking about Hornets Bridges?
dkb964
Junior

Post#104 » by dkb964 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:14 am

dkb964 wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:My Sixers want PG13, not another Horford in OG who will not be able to play well with the former MVP on the floor.

OG and Horford are nothing alike. First of all, Horford was past his prime and also plays the same position as Embiid. OG is 26 years old and can play both forward positions. OG is a better perimeter defender (elite) and shooter than horford. Its not even close..OG's style of play is as plug and play as it gets. Now, if the argument is him or paul george, then yea I'd go with PG or Bridges/Butler for example. But OG would be a fantastic get for any team and that includes the sixers.[/quo

Are we talking about Hornets Bridges or Nets Bridges? I am not going to put Anunoby in the same sentence as the first scumbg. Bridges seems like a Kris Middleton light. Anunoby is a well mannerned Artest light. I would take the latter.
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#105 » by wegotthabeet » Wed May 15, 2024 1:18 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
dkb964 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:He should get same contract as Dray, who can stay healthy.

Gonna be a long ass summer in Philly.
dkb964
Junior

Post#106 » by dkb964 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:21 am

wegotthabeet wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
dkb964 wrote:

Gonna be a long ass summer in Philly.

It is hilarious that 76er fans are turning their nose up at adding Anunoby.
greekman
Senior
And1: 354

Post#107 » by greekman » Wed May 15, 2024 2:41 am

kawhi just signed 150m 3 year deal. injury risk isn't going to get him a lowball contract
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,347

Post#108 » by ShootersShoot » Wed May 15, 2024 3:42 am

dkb964 wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:My Sixers want PG13, not another Horford in OG who will not be able to play well with the former MVP on the floor.

Are we talking about Hornets Bridges?

Mikal
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,957

Post#109 » by basketballRob » Wed May 15, 2024 3:55 am

The Knicks will likely lose Hartenstein because they only have his early bird rights. So, they'll have a lot to throw at OG

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#110 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 4:00 am

basketballRob wrote:The Knicks will likely lose Hartenstein because they only have his early bird rights. So, they'll have a lot to throw at OG

Hartenstein deserves the max more than OG which is why they won today without him.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#111 » by basketballRob » Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Knicks will likely lose Hartenstein because they only have his early bird rights. So, they'll have a lot to throw at OG

Hartenstein deserves the max more than OG which is why they won today without him.
The Knicks can only offer him $17m next season.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,388

Post#112 » by DaGawd » Wed May 15, 2024 4:03 am

basketballRob wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

we gonna take care of him
BaF
Washington Wizards
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#113 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 4:14 am

basketballRob wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Oh, but that's what OG is worth.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,806

Post#114 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:21 am

of course people don't want knicks to do it..they'd be perfectly happy if their team stole him away lol
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 925

Post#115 » by NY2k1 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:26 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Hartenstein deserves the max more than OG which is why they won today without him.

Oh, but that's what OG is worth.

Lol, OG is worth double that my boy
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#116 » by Fat » Wed May 15, 2024 4:45 am

Judging by the Knicks record with OG he deserves the super max
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#117 » by basketballRob » Wed May 15, 2024 4:50 am

DaGawd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Hartenstein deserves the max more than OG which is why they won today without him.

Hartenstein will get more from OKC or Orlando.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,388

Post#118 » by DaGawd » Wed May 15, 2024 4:52 am

basketballRob wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Knicks can only offer him $17m next season.

he’s on record saying if the knicks can get in the ball park he’s not leaving. he love it here , and he’s part of the caa family leon rose has created here
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,870

Post#119 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 5:31 am

Knicks have the room to give OG a 40M AAV deal, IH his early bird max, a fair offer to Precious, and sign their picks. We may lose IH, but we can afford to keep OG either way.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,870

Post#120 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 5:32 am

DaGawd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
DaGawd wrote:we gonna take care of him

he’s on record saying if the knicks can get in the ball park he’s not leaving. he love it here , and he’s part of the caa family leon rose has created here

Never know what'll happen if someone offers him 4x80...but I'm expecting a 30M 1+1, with IH opting out next summer for another pay rise.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Board