Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,960

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#161 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 15, 2024 1:39 am

jfs1000d wrote:Kid has nba athleticism, size and skill. He’s a combo guard who projects as a defender and 3 and d player. How long will it take? I would say 3 years for meaningful minutes.

He’s an nba player even without dad. But his dad probably gets him drafted instead of having to go back to school or go udfa route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He will be the Lakers starting PG.

Dlo is outta there.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#162 » by zero rings » Wed May 15, 2024 1:52 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:Kid has nba athleticism, size and skill. He’s a combo guard who projects as a defender and 3 and d player. How long will it take? I would say 3 years for meaningful minutes.

He’s an nba player even without dad. But his dad probably gets him drafted instead of having to go back to school or go udfa route.

Dlo is outta there.

He’s 6’1, averaged 4.8 ppg, shot 36% from the field and 26% from three.

You guys are absolutely delusional lol

Not even Lebron Sr. believes this nonsense
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,496

Post#163 » by D.Brasco » Wed May 15, 2024 1:56 am

zero rings wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Dlo is outta there.

He's 6'1.5" with a 6'7" wingspan and a 40.5" vert, he's a prospect but with intangibles you can't teach. There have been prospects who put up middling college numbers who panned out quite well in the league. Doesn't mean he'll be a star but too early to call him a scrub too.
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,405

Post#164 » by CS707 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:16 am

Marc Spears was on the radio this morning and said the two teams he’d talked considered Bronny undraftable.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,141

Post#165 » by KillMonger » Wed May 15, 2024 2:26 am

zero rings wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Dlo is outta there.

Wasn't it lebron sr. That said he's better than 90% or whatever? Wasn't it him that said that "bronny can get minutes on the lakers right now" he did say that or was he just trolling?

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,123

Post#166 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed May 15, 2024 2:48 am

one of the worst performances I've ever seen at a Combine scrimmage. He looks completely lost and has bad hands. There's a very limited role he can play in the NBA as a small SG. I'm talking Avery Bradley or Payton II. Woj says he's definitely staying in the draft. I think he's going to go undrafted and will sign with whichever team Lebron is playing for. He'll spend time in the G-League and eventually come up so in Lebron's final seasons he gets to share the floor briefly with him, kinda like how Ken Griffey Jr and Sr did back in the day in baseball.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,863

Post#167 » by EmpireFalls » Wed May 15, 2024 3:03 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:one of the worst performances I've ever seen at a Combine scrimmage. He looks completely lost and has bad hands. There's a very limited role he can play in the NBA as a small SG. I'm talking Avery Bradley or Payton II. Woj says he's definitely staying in the draft. I think he's going to go undrafted and will sign with whichever team Lebron is playing for. He'll spend time in the G-League and eventually come up so in Lebron's final seasons he gets to share the floor briefly with him, kinda like how Ken Griffey Jr and Sr did back in the day in baseball.

At this point I’ll be shocked if he’s drafted at any other spot than 55 by LA (which would just be a priority UDFA, basically). I just think there’s a ton of guards in that range who you can more easily project to the league.

And that seems mostly fine and a reasonable situation. UDFA to G League, bring him up for a few games with the old man for his retirement tour, that’s it.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#168 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 3:29 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:one of the worst performances I've ever seen at a Combine scrimmage. He looks completely lost and has bad hands. There's a very limited role he can play in the NBA as a small SG. I'm talking Avery Bradley or Payton II. Woj says he's definitely staying in the draft. I think he's going to go undrafted and will sign with whichever team Lebron is playing for. He'll spend time in the G-League and eventually come up so in Lebron's final seasons he gets to share the floor briefly with him, kinda like how Ken Griffey Jr and Sr did back in the day in baseball.
Combines?!? Bronny is a ticket seller by name alone!
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,058

Post#169 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:42 am

whatisacenter wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Modern Lillard with defense
Top 5 player in 4 yrs

LMAO. Laker fans already talking themselves into the inevitable pick.

I'm convinced LaLover is a Lakers troll account.

Maybe you're really just Lalover and hiding behind this username :noway:
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#170 » by DrCoach » Wed May 15, 2024 3:50 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:His floor is Miles McBride

His ceiling is Donovan mitchell

lol that's about the worst comparisons i've ever seen for him...what Bronny games are you watching?

honestly after watching a ton of his College and a lot of his HS:

Floor - Kris Dunn or possibly out of the league

Ceiling - Gary Harris

I have actually coached against him and i stand by the comparison
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,591

Post#171 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed May 15, 2024 3:52 am

How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#172 » by JayMKE » Wed May 15, 2024 4:04 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?

Eric Bledsoe wasn’t that bad, people use to call him Mini Lebron
FREE GIANNIS
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,123

Post#173 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 15, 2024 4:12 am

JayMKE wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?

Eric Bledsoe wasn’t that bad, people use to call him Mini Lebron

I don’t think he will be as good as Eric Bledsoe.

Have any of the pro Bronny folks actually watched him play in college? He was below average at pretty much every aspect of the game.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,443

Post#174 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 4:26 am

doogie_hauser wrote:And of course the Clutch Sports Propoganda Machine starts to work its magic.

Btw I have no personal ill feelings about Bronny, I really hope he has a long and successful NBA career, but puh-lease, but he is unfairly being used as a pawn by his father and the Rich Paul Cabal.

The best thing for his pro career is not to be drafted to the Lakers/play with his father.

Ideally should have stayed at College for another year and work on the flaws of his game, but that doesn't suit Daddy and Clutch's time line.

It's a bit distasteful to me how a child is being exploited like this.

I don't think he's being exploited. He's being nepotismed in a big way. (Is Nepotismed a word? I'm going to go with it). Nobody would be giving him this much press if not for who his father was, and the attention is expanded even more because whoever drafts him might get LeBron to come over too. It's a circus, but it's not exploitation. I'd go so far as to say it's more like giving the kid a silver microphone. It's un-earned attention, the opposite of exploitation.

Exploitation would be if others took advantage of Bronny's skills. What's happening is others are saying "Lets ignore the fact that he's not that good and give him a ton of attention anyway"

And look = maybe he's got NBA skills. Time will tell. I'm not saying he sucks, just that he wouldn't be getting all this attention if not for his father.

This could go badly long term (not saying it will, but it could). How many times has a 19 year old kid gotten the spotlight, then, if his career doesn't go well, lose the spotlight a few years later. That's a lot of hope and stardom and attention to give a 19 year old kid. Again - not exploitation, but perhaps, unfair expectation and undeserved star treatment. I repeat. It's nepotism.

Maybe all this has been discussed in the family and Bronny knows the risks and upside/downside and it's all fine. But that's my take. The risk of this kid being news while Lebron is still playing and forgotten the minute Lebron retires seems a distinct possibility to me.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 4:31 am

D.Brasco wrote:
zero rings wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:He will be the Lakers starting PG.

Dlo is outta there.

He's 6'1.5" with a 6'7" wingspan and a 40.5" vert, he's a prospect but with intangibles you can't teach. There have been prospects who put up middling college numbers who panned out quite well in the league. Doesn't mean he'll be a star but too early to call him a scrub too.

And he's 19. There's certainly a chance that he develops, but I'm inclined to call it more of a longshot than a likely outcome.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#176 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 4:35 am

LeBron is built like a . . . I don't want to say tight end, but kind of built almost like a power forward or stocky wide receiver. Put him in a 6'1 body and he's still stronger than and at the same time, as fast as most of the 6'1 players in the NBA. Add to that, he's probably got PG skills if he's that height. I think 6'1 Lebron would still be a fringe all-star PG maybe combo-guard. Certainly, no longer in the goat conversation, but I think he'd have success in the NBA even if he was 6'1.

typos fixed.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#177 » by enigmatics » Wed May 15, 2024 5:07 am

Who?
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,286

Post#178 » by MrBigShot » Wed May 15, 2024 5:21 am

Watching the combine scrimmage it's debatable if he is even a d1 caliber rotation player on his own merits.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#179 » by docholliday99 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:32 am

shi-woo wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
Rivers was the number 1 ranked HS player in the country

Lots of hype and he did have skills but he had that ego; not sure how he was drafted so high (other than suggestions that Doc was pushing behind the scenes), as he was wildly inefficient, played out of control, couldn't play-make well and couldn't play a lick of defense. In the NBA, if it wasn't for Doc signing him in LA, he would have washed out quicker than he did. Instead he just bounced to 5 other teams in 5 years before washing out - 7 if you count the Suns and OKC waiving him.

Bronny may have skills, I don't know if it's NBA skills, we'll see.

Not really how I remember it. Doc def. played a part in him sticking around, but Austin wws a legit NBA player with legit NBA skills. He has one of the sickest first steps in the country, and it was hard for even elite athletes to stay in front. His handle was nice, and he was an okay shooter projected to be a good shooter. He was cocky as hell, but that's always been viewed as positive in sports, like when he hit that big shot against North Carolina. People love dudes who aren't scared of that moment. Honestly, I thought he was going to have a Chucky Atkins/Mike James type of career.

Rivers just never developed any other offensive skills, and was always going to be a poor defender.

Bronny so far, ha shown absolutely none of those things. We keep hearing about that vert, which is really telling in a game that is predicated on skill more than anything

It's actually insulting to Rivers to compare Bronny to him, they are worlds apart as prospects, and that's saying something

'
Rivers was waaay over rated, he was a chucker with little playmaking or defensive skills in HS but you're correct, dude was not shy in the slightest during the big moments. At Duke, nothing really changed and had attitude problems developing - definitely got in his own way.

As for Bronny, why all the hate? He was a legitimate 4 or 5 star recruit (depending on who's reporting) and was ranked as high as 9th out of high school. He has legit defensive skills and can shoot. He's 6'1.5" with a 6'7.25" w/s and a 40.5" vert...so what he had a rough start to his collegiate career and then the cardiac incident but if he had a different name on his jersey, the physical attributes, athleticism and what he's shown in high school, would get him drafted in the mid to late first round (especially in this draft, maybe higher - highest I've seen is 13th).

What's insulting is all the hate, there's just way too much hate on this kid right now, he's done nothing to warrant such vitriol being spewed.
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,591

Post#180 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed May 15, 2024 5:33 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:

LeBron is built like a . . . I don't want to say tight end, but kind of build almost like a power forward or sticky wide receiver. Put him in a 6'1 body and he's still stronger than and at the same time, as fast as most of the 6'1 players in the NBA. Add to that, he's probably got PG skills if he's that height. I think 6'1 Lebron would still be a fringe all-star PG maybe combo-guard. Certainly, no longer in the goat conversation, but I think he'd have success in the NBA even if he was 6'1.

I agree, fringe All Star is probably about right.
Now factor in that Bronny James is very unlikely to be as good or as gifted as his father, and you have an idea what he's up against.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to The General Board