2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
48%
Wolves
52%

Total votes: 178

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,431

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#8001 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:39 am

Triple7 wrote:
nomansland wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Lol no! Keep telling yourself that. Half assed on a playoff series. Haha good one. It not for that 2 lucky clutch shots by jamal, things would have been different.

They were effing around 3/4 of the time, and turned it on just when things started to look bad. The Nuggets we're seeing right now are a completely different team. If you can't see that, try watching the games (or watching them again).

Oh i watched the games. Maybe you should as well. They weren’t **** around trying to be down every game. No team does that on purpose. What? Like they want to be down because they were bored or something??? Gtfo with that. The fact was, they were playing awful against the lakers and the first two game against the wolves. The lakers just doesn’t have enough to compete. They woke up against the wolves, because reality finally hit them, that they could get beaten. I give them props for finally playing like champs.

They were cruising the whole time , when adversity hit they showed what they’re capable of, winning three in a row
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,893

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#8002 » by Triple7 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:43 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
nomansland wrote:
They were effing around 3/4 of the time, and turned it on just when things started to look bad. The Nuggets we're seeing right now are a completely different team. If you can't see that, try watching the games (or watching them again).

Oh i watched the games. Maybe you should as well. They weren’t **** around trying to be down every game. No team does that on purpose. What? Like they want to be down because they were bored or something??? Gtfo with that. The fact was, they were playing awful against the lakers and the first two game against the wolves. The lakers just doesn’t have enough to compete. They woke up against the wolves, because reality finally hit them, that they could get beaten. I give them props for finally playing like champs.

They were cruising the whole time , when adversity hit they showed what they’re capable of, winning three in a row

Cruising? More like being dumb and stupid.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,431

Post#8003 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 am

Triple7 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Saving energy for the finals

They gonna win the finals in 4 games by a double digits each game
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,190

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (DEN leads 3-2) 

Post#8004 » by garrick » Wed May 15, 2024 7:48 am

Lets face it, Minnesota was red hot in the first round and in games 1 & 2.

Since then KAT has come down to earth and playing inconsistently again, Conley is now out with an injury and the role players like McDaniels are no longer shooting lights out like they were previously.

Conley might be the real key though because with him out the Wolves offense is terrible so if he's not able to play another game this series is most likely over for them.
kan_t
Pro Prospect
And1: 730

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (DEN leads 3-2) 

Post#8005 » by kan_t » Wed May 15, 2024 7:51 am

Conley is so critical to the Timberwolves. Without him the Nuggets could just double team Edwards at will and the offense has zero flow when Edwards is forced to pass it out.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,347

Post#8006 » by ShootersShoot » Wed May 15, 2024 8:00 am

Either one of ant or kat have been off these past few games. They need to find a way to both play well. They need mcdaniels to give them more offensively but dont hold your breath on that. Conley injury is big but lets be real, jokic is going to dominate no matter what it seems like.

Jokic is insane there should be no doubting that mvp at this point.
pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,143

Post#8007 » by pontius » Wed May 15, 2024 8:17 am

The Timberwolves had issues with their offense in the regular season, too. Also, I think Ant-Man might've run out of juice. Double-teaming him worked since he looks tired, and the Wolves need him and KAT to be on top of their game to have a chance. With Conley out, Ant needs to do even more on the offensive end.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,608

Post#8008 » by RB34 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:37 am

The two play sequence at around 7 mins in the 3rd.

Behind the back for the KCP 3.

Rebound and full court flick to Murray for the dunk.

Outrageous.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,610

Post#8009 » by baldur » Wed May 15, 2024 9:08 am

Is Conley playing on the game 6?
turnaroundJ
Sixth Man
And1: 1,396

Post#8010 » by turnaroundJ » Wed May 15, 2024 9:14 am

Admittedly I’m a fool for doubting as well after G2. The greats surpass expectations. Heck, even if they went down 0-3, the Nuggets would still have a chance.

Sucks that Conley is hurt though. He’s one of my favorite point guards to ever watch. Just so steady and reliable, minimal weaknesses to his game. I guess that’s the downside of having your (arguably second at worst) most important player be a 36 yo. Stick this current Ant into those grind house era Grizzlies teams and they could’ve won it all.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 644

Post#8011 » by TwolvesFanRome » Wed May 15, 2024 9:26 am

We threw out of the window the biggest PO chance in the last years...I don't believe we will be able to win Game 6.
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 947

Post#8012 » by perempe20 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:28 am

Insane skyhook on Rudy in the middle of the 3rd, but my favourite play is the next one 30 seconds later.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,944

Post#8013 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed May 15, 2024 9:31 am

Triple7 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Definitely, although obviously this is not intentional. When you dig yourself such a hole that you lose the first 2 at home, even if you win the next 3, you can still easily be in trouble, and that's due to what you did earlier. The Wolves can win one at home in ANY WAY, hot shooting night, injury, actually playing really well again, and then you are looking at a game 7, and as the champs, you definitely face the bigger pressure. Then again, if they would have split the first two, I think we would have the same series standing right now, because then it's another different dynamic. Who knows, maybe the Wolves would lead 3-2 if they split the first two. Long story short, teams want to win every game in the playoffs, obviously.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,676

Post#8014 » by nomansland » Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 am

Triple7 wrote:
nomansland wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Lol no! Keep telling yourself that. Half assed on a playoff series. Haha good one. It not for that 2 lucky clutch shots by jamal, things would have been different.

Who said it was intentional? They were unfocused, had low energy, and weren't taking the most of the minutes seriously enough. Same thing as effing around.
Pantsman
Veteran
And1: 3,742

Post#8015 » by Pantsman » Wed May 15, 2024 10:03 am

How many times has the 4X DPOY been embarrassed in the playoffs?
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,137

Post#8016 » by Exp0sed » Wed May 15, 2024 10:11 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
thinktank wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:They’ve lost both games against Denver by a basket.

Maybe they will win but it’s comical how people act like they are miles better

Denver has that extra gear.

I've never seen these Celtics have that. "New team" you all say. It's not really new. Your core is the same.

Of course Denver should rightly be regarded as favourites in any series against Boston or anyone else.

But we are likely to be considerably fresher/well rested than the Nuggests in the finals.

Anyhow we are still a few weeks away or so away from the finals.

KP is the big question mark, they won't beat Denver in a 7 game series without a healthy KP
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,156

Post#8017 » by FreeBird23 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:22 am

Pantsman wrote:How many times has the 4X DPOY been embarrassed in the playoffs?

How many times do we need to explain basketball to idiots ?

Mutombo was Dpoy in 2001.
Shaq averaged 33pts 15.8rbs 4.8 ast 3.4blks 57.3% against him in the Finals

Same thing with DPOY Gary Payton against MJ in 1996.

You just can't stop the All Time greats. Gobert has done a wonderful job this season and in the playoffs.
Nobody can't stop him.
And if you really look at game 5, Gobert has actually done a good job, using his body and trying to make Jokic work hard on offense.
Jokic was just too good.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Post#8018 » by QPR » Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 am

Actually Seattle got back into the finals in 1996 once they moved Payton onto MJ. For some reason Karl didn't start with this match-up.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,003

Post#8019 » by jc23 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:43 am

Denver figured out they have to play at a faster pace and Joker needed to be more aggressive and not pass first. Doing that has made Minnys defense less effective. Just an amazing turnaround in a series; i dont remember a time when a team was down 0-2 with the second loss being a blow out and coming back and dominating the next 3 games like this.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Rust_Cohle
Starter
And1: 2,254

Post#8020 » by Rust_Cohle » Wed May 15, 2024 10:51 am

SweetTouch wrote:I’m a witness

Joker is the truth

He isn’t thst into horses he’s into dominating this sport

Sorry I underestimated you big fella

Another two rings and he’s top 5

Another 2 rings and he should be ahead of lebron on the all time list

Return to The General Board