Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Big_Aristotle
Senior
And1: 255

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#201 » by Big_Aristotle » Wed May 15, 2024 12:59 pm

Gary Cokeman wrote:
Roy T wrote:San Antonio could take a gamble and pick him 8th.

Its not like the draft class is spectacular anyways.

That would be the most incompetent thing the San Antonio front office has ever done.

If it means that Lebron James would sign with them and have him mentor Wemby (body-management, court-vision, BBIQ, playoff basketball), I would say it is a big win independent of what Bronny turns out to be.
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer
And1: 393

Post#202 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 1:06 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?
Ask his son Lol
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 851

Post#203 » by KdoubleDees23 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:21 pm

So verdict is out. Bronny is good at practicing and open workouts!!!!!!!!!

In the scrimmage in 20 minutes 4 pts 4 rebounds on 20% shooting. Looks about the same as college. Now put on NBA defenders against his 6 ft 1 self, and he wont be able to do anything unless he is wide open.

Why is Lebron rushing him to try to get to the league? Be a father, and have him develop and earn his way there vs using your last name!
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#204 » by DusterBuster » Wed May 15, 2024 2:35 pm

Big_Aristotle wrote:
Gary Cokeman wrote:
Roy T wrote:San Antonio could take a gamble and pick him 8th.

Its not like the draft class is spectacular anyways.

That would be the most incompetent thing the San Antonio front office has ever done.

If it means that Lebron James would sign with them and have him mentor Wemby (body-management, court-vision, BBIQ, playoff basketball), I would say it is a big win independent of what Bronny turns out to be.

This talk of Bron and Bronny playing together has been overblown imo
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,890

Post#205 » by Roger Murdock » Wed May 15, 2024 2:39 pm

I absolutely want the Cavs to draft Bronny

A 10% chance at signing LeBron is better than the 20th pick in the draft IMO
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,120

Post#206 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 2:57 pm

Draft him 2nd round in case your team can get Lebron for peanuts.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,779

Post#207 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 15, 2024 3:21 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:So verdict is out. Bronny is good at practicing and open workouts!!!!!!!!!

In the scrimmage in 20 minutes 4 pts 4 rebounds on 20% shooting. Looks about the same as college. Now put on NBA defenders against his 6 ft 1 self, and he wont be able to do anything unless he is wide open.

Why is Lebron rushing him to try to get to the league? Be a father, and have him develop and earn his way there vs using your last name!

Because LeBron being in the NBA is the only reason Bronny will make a team.

If Bronny stays in college developing, then LeBron retires, Bronny won’t sniff the NBA(unless he makes absurd improvements which I find highly unlikely.)

To be clear, I think Bronny can and will improve, I don’t think he’ll improve to the point of being an NBA caliber player though.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#208 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 15, 2024 3:25 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
I don’t think he will be as good as Eric Bledsoe.

Have any of the pro Bronny folks actually watched him play in college? He was below average at pretty much every aspect of the game.

When will haters realize this has been the plan all along.
Nobody wants to go play in Atlanta or Detroit

Sandbagging: : to hide the truth about oneself so as to gain an advantage over another

Maybe he'll wash out right away, maybe not. He needed another year in college for sure, maybe 2 - just to get more playing time and adjust to playing the right way.

Can't wait for Bryce....s*** around here and the internet is a little extreme. Bron haters didn't see Lebron fail, so I guess they can have their consolation prize to say I told you so.

I don’t understand why so many people take others not viewing Bronny as a good prospect, as them wanting to see him fail.

The dude is not NBA caliber right now and it’s unlikely he ever will be. Yet he’ll be in the NBA because of his dad. That is fine and all, but just because someone acknowledges that, doesn’t mean they actively want to see him fail.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,088

Post#209 » by mg » Wed May 15, 2024 3:36 pm

This is probably his best chance of getting drafted.

He still has the "potential" label. After your freshman year the potential label isn't enough and you actually need to produce to get drafted. He also has the heart excuse to explain away his lack of production as a freshman. Most importantly his Father is still playing at a very high level and can put pressure on the Lakers to draft his kid.
Chokic
Pro Prospect
And1: 670

Post#210 » by Chokic » Wed May 15, 2024 3:49 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:So verdict is out. Bronny is good at practicing and open workouts!!!!!!!!!

He'll be at the least Avery bradley level in the nba. It's better for him to expedite his development in the nba rather than waste another year in college where he will be even more scrutinized.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#211 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 15, 2024 3:57 pm

Chokic wrote:

He'll be at the least Avery bradley level in the nba. It's better for him to expedite his development in the nba rather than waste another year in college where he will be even more scrutinized.

Feels like you don’t even really believe in him as a prospect if you’re concerned that if he returns to college he’ll still struggle to produce.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,123

Post#212 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:08 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
Chokic wrote:

Feels like you don’t even really believe in him as a prospect if you’re concerned that if he returns to college he’ll still struggle to produce.

Can you just accept he's a Laker on draft night and will help LeBron win his 5th ring.

Just deal with it bro 8-)
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#213 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 15, 2024 4:26 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
Chokic wrote:

Can you just accept he's a Laker on draft night and will help LeBron win his 5th ring.

Just deal with it bro 8-)

You can have him, I truly don’t care.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,347

Post#214 » by ShootersShoot » Wed May 15, 2024 4:35 pm

Tbf, its every fathers dream to have their son in the nba and bron is probably no different, even if it takes a bit of nepotism :wink:
Chokic
Pro Prospect
And1: 670

Post#215 » by Chokic » Wed May 15, 2024 4:57 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
Chokic wrote:

I believe with another season in college he would make himself a 1st rounder that being said bc of so much unwarranted hype surrounding him being lebrons son he will always fall short of ppls expectations hence why I said he he might as well enter the draft and start his nba journey already.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#216 » by GeorgeSears » Wed May 15, 2024 5:50 pm

"Everyone looks good against air" - Charles Barkley.

The big problem with Bronny are his measurables. At 6'1, he's on the short end of PGs. The other issue is that he doesn't have elite guard skills to play PG, but he's too small and doesn't shoot well enough to play SG. He's the quintessential tweener.

If you're that height, you basically either have to have Chris Paul level handles, or Patty Mills level shooting, or preferably both (Kemba Walker). If not, the only way to make it in the league is to be an intangibles player like GP2, who I think is Bronny's best player comparison because their measurables are identical. Is Bronny going to be OK being someone that plays 15 mpg and avg. 5 ppg and 2 rbpg?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,843

Post#217 » by Ayt » Wed May 15, 2024 6:10 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:"Everyone looks good against air" - Charles Barkley.

The big problem with Bronny are his measurables. At 6'1, he's on the short end of PGs. The other issue is that he doesn't have elite guard skills to play PG, but he's too small and doesn't shoot well enough to play SG. He's the quintessential tweener.

If you're that height, you basically either have to have Chris Paul level handles, or Patty Mills level shooting, or preferably both (Kemba Walker). If not, the only way to make it in the league is to be an intangibles player like GP2, who I think is Bronny's best player comparison because their measurables are identical. Is Bronny going to be OK being someone that plays 15 mpg and avg. 5 ppg and 2 rbpg?

He'll be lucky if he ever gets to that point.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#218 » by GeorgeSears » Wed May 15, 2024 6:11 pm

Ayt wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:"Everyone looks good against air" - Charles Barkley.

He'll be lucky if he ever gets to that point.

Not according to Kendrick Perkins, who said he's got potential to be "Eric Bledsoe with a jump shot" ie. an all-star level player.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,470

Post#219 » by PushDaRock » Wed May 15, 2024 6:11 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?

The IQ and athleticism would still be enough for him to be a solid NBA player but with a shaky jumper and not being able to bully his way to the basket whenever he wants, I don't think he's an All-Star. He's probably a solid starter/6th man.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,470

Post#220 » by PushDaRock » Wed May 15, 2024 6:19 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:

Because LeBron being in the NBA is the only reason Bronny will make a team.

If Bronny stays in college developing, then LeBron retires, Bronny won’t sniff the NBA(unless he makes absurd improvements which I find highly unlikely.)

To be clear, I think Bronny can and will improve, I don’t think he’ll improve to the point of being an NBA caliber player though.

Yeah, I don't think he's ready for the NBA certainly but going back to college means getting his game heavily scrutinized and picked apart. This year he gets kind of a pass because of what he went through.

Return to The General Board