Rate Draymond Greens work as a studio show member

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Vote

5 out of 5
9%
4 out of 5
9%
3 out of 5
8%
2 out of 5
15%
1 out of 5
59%

Total votes: 199

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,373

Rate Draymond Greens work as a studio show member 

Post#1 » by walk with me » Wed May 15, 2024 8:55 am

Curious what people think.

I think he’s absolute trash and will be disappointed if he’s viewed as the next Barkley or Shaq.
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 553

Re: Rate Draymond Greens work as a studio show member 

Post#2 » by famicommander » Wed May 15, 2024 9:10 am

Was the object to hate on Rudy Gobert to a degree not even Rudy Gobert deserves?

If so, great job. If not, then no, he seemed like a petty and insecure douchebag.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#3 » by Parasite » Wed May 15, 2024 9:12 am

Out of all the people to pick to be on the show, they pick this guy. Says a lot about the state of media these days. Gross.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#4 » by Shaka_Zulu » Wed May 15, 2024 9:12 am

He is god awful, he makes Shaq sound like Noam Chomsky. He is so insanely petty and childish, when he was talking about Nuggets Wolves game 5, he litterally couldn't acknowledge Denvers, Jokic heroics or any of the other 14 guys that played this match performances.

All he cared about was settling schoolyard score with Gobert by mentioning Goberts name in every sentence and just gleefully piggy back to him in every take.

Embarrassing to listen to.

It's his douchy persona. Because he is legit very knowledgeable about the game and can analyse it well. But his **** persona is insufferable.

And it's not about just this game, any time he was invited to inside studio, and they discussing any of the current stars, he is just a shameless homer to his friends in the league and could never utter an honest take. Pompous guy.

Is the complete opposite what the inside the nba guy usually do (except Shaq).
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#5 » by Chuck Everett » Wed May 15, 2024 9:28 am

Fail. Should have had zero out of 5 as a choice. The guy is a piece of **** and the fact the NBA allows him to be on their platforms after the BS he's been on the last two seasons, makes them look weak.

ETA: The guy has assaulted 3 different NBA players in two seasons and is on the premier basketball show for the league. Like wtf?
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,439

Post#6 » by Sgt Major » Wed May 15, 2024 9:35 am

He's smart, but extremely petty, so listening to him when talking about people he likes or dislikes is quite annoying.

Rudy does not deserve what he's saying about him.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 692

Post#7 » by DLTGWH » Wed May 15, 2024 9:47 am

Trash
GameChannel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,099

Post#8 » by GameChannel » Wed May 15, 2024 9:53 am

The way he referred to Gobert as the Frenchman when criticizing him was laced with racism and American superiority complex. Dude legit has a problem with Euros and Gobert in particular. He saw an opportunity to settle person scores with Gobert and kept doing it the whole show with a grin on his face. He's trying hard to be controversial to be some version of Barkley. What he doesn't realize is that Barkley is naturally funny and the controversy comes from Barkley's funny persona and remarks and not personal vendettas with certain individuals.

****.This.Clown.
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,255

Post#9 » by Bob Ross » Wed May 15, 2024 10:30 am

I voted 1 cause **** him
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,772

Post#10 » by Ice Man » Wed May 15, 2024 11:28 am

That performance was so Draymond. He's smart, articulate, and a student of the game. He should be great at basketball analysis. But instead he self destructs because of emotional immaturity.
toodarkmark
Sophomore
And1: 508

Post#11 » by toodarkmark » Wed May 15, 2024 11:30 am

People constantly complain about what's wrong with today's NBA. Defense, officiating, diva players. I'd argue the absolute worst thing about the NBA today is the idiot negative/wrong take mentality that is so popular with broadcasters. They say something stupid or inflammatory, get proven wrong the next day, and move on. They ruin pre game shows, they drive dialogue about teams, and they're more interested in controversy than they are in being entertaining.

Draymond Green is vying to be King of these clowns. It's just like his play. He's great on and off the floor, but he feels the need to be a piece of crap every once in awhile, and it ruins him. Who cares if what he says means anything, ITS PROVOCATIVE. He's not worse than Paul Pierce, but he's up there.
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,221

Post#12 » by art_tatum » Wed May 15, 2024 11:40 am

Can't stand the guy and most of the warriors players don't seem like good tv personalitys maybe Iggy would be ok.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,177

Post#13 » by Bobbymcgee » Wed May 15, 2024 11:55 am

NBA on TNT is trash.

Draymond was terrible but at least he wanted to talk basketball. Even if it was to trash talk Gobert.

Unlike the rest of the guys who just wanted to talk about Kenny running to that stupid screen.

Can't wait till the NBA goes back to NBC.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,903

Post#14 » by Tony15 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:57 am

Dray has had objectively better performances.....but he knows his stuff is solid overall. Some of y'all really need to get a grip lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,054

Post#15 » by thinktank » Wed May 15, 2024 12:20 pm

GameChannel wrote:The way he referred to Gobert as the Frenchman when criticizing him was laced with racism and American superiority complex. Dude legit has a problem with Euros and Gobert in particular. He saw an opportunity to settle person scores with Gobert and kept doing it the whole show with a grin on his face. He's trying hard to be controversial to be some version of Barkley. What he doesn't realize is that Barkley is naturally funny and the controversy comes from Barkley's funny persona and remarks and not personal vendettas with certain individuals.

****.This.Clown.

Definitely. His “oui oui” joke was peak cringe.
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#16 » by Pattycakes » Wed May 15, 2024 12:39 pm

I don’t want him to show up outside my window in OJs gloves, so I will pass all opportunities to speak on draymond green at this time.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 25,165

Post#17 » by cupcakesnake » Wed May 15, 2024 12:41 pm

famicommander wrote:Was the object to hate on Rudy Gobert to a degree not even Rudy Gobert deserves?

If so, great job. If not, then no, he seemed like a petty and insecure douchebag.

I thought it was a pretty embarrassing moment on the broadcast. Gobert absolutely deserved some critical analysis as Jokic was making him look silly, but Draymond was way too horny and couldn't even wait for the question to finish before he started trashing Gobert. Zero self-awareness to go on air and talk about a guy you've put in a chokehold on national television and act like you're just calling it like you see it. Would have been classier to let someone else dunk on Gobert lol.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
F Saunders
Sophomore
And1: 286

Post#18 » by F Saunders » Wed May 15, 2024 1:09 pm

Tony15 wrote:Dray has had objectively better performances.....but he knows his stuff is solid overall. Some of y'all really need to get a grip lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

That's the whole point. He knows his stuff, yet completely ignores the actual analysis to focus on his petty hatred towards Rudy.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,734

Post#19 » by GeorgeSears » Wed May 15, 2024 1:38 pm

I thought he was very petty. Some of the shots Jokic hit on Gobert were very difficult shots. Yes, he also managed to get deep position and score on him as well, but he does that to everybody (including Draymond).
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#20 » by Jimmy Recard » Wed May 15, 2024 1:41 pm

Predictably awful. Get that mouth breather off my favourite sports show.

Return to The General Board