Ant: Jokic's the best player in the NBA

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,436

Re: Ant: Jokic's the best player in the NBA 

Post#21 » by Gusto1903 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:31 am

Gatorade Sax wrote:If he did whatever he wanted to AD, and now KAT and DPOY Gobert..I don’t see what any of the remaining teams are possibly going to do.

Boston has toothpick Porzingis to throw at him..it’s over boys.

But we have known this for quite some time. Jokic has never been really stopped or never really struggled in any game, i have seen. Like the dude doesnt have bad games. The games they lose, are the games, where the nuggets as a team struggle shooting. But Jokic performance is even in the losses at a top notch level. Cant think of a game, where you could comfortably say "jokic sucked that game" with the eyetest. I dont want no statistical bs.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 843

Post#22 » by Gatorade Sax » Wed May 15, 2024 6:35 am

Gusto1903 wrote:
Gatorade Sax wrote:If he did whatever he wanted to AD, and now KAT and DPOY Gobert..I don’t see what any of the remaining teams are possibly going to do.

Boston has toothpick Porzingis to throw at him..it’s over boys.

But we have known this for quite some time. Jokic has never been really stopped or never really struggled in any game, i have seen. Like the dude doesnt have bad games. The games they lose, are the games, where the nuggets as a team struggle shooting. But Jokic performance is even in the losses at a top notch level. Cant think of a game, where you could comfortably say "jokic sucked that game" with the eyetest. I dont want no statistical bs.

I agree 100%.

Just making it crystal clear for everybody else. The guy is basically the most humble superstar of all time as well. It’s awesome.
BlackThought
Sixth Man
And1: 1,577

Post#23 » by BlackThought » Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 am

Giving me DeRozan complimenting Lebron type of vibe. Even if it's true you don't say that during the series.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,648

Post#24 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Wed May 15, 2024 8:17 am

PeteW wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:
Mogspan wrote:Ant has world-class social intelligence. Only faux pas I've seen him make was when he said queer on Instagram.

ehhhhhh that's not the only one.

Dude didnt even know who A-Rod was before.

funny thing I didn't know it either, I did some research after the TWolves purchase was announced
Слава Украине!
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#25 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 9:41 am

HotRocks34 wrote:After Game 5.

Well done, young fella.

Read on Twitter
But the Joker most loyal followers has claimed that the Joker is not HIM!

I trust Ant opinion more than those Joker fans Lol
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,045

Post#26 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 15, 2024 11:02 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:After Game 5.

Well done, young fella.

Read on Twitter
But the Joker most loyal followers has claimed that the Joker is not HIM!

I trust Ant opinion more than those Joker fans Lol

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,154

Post#27 » by life_saver » Wed May 15, 2024 1:11 pm

Ant basically said that Jokic was best even after G1, G2 during post-game press conference
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#28 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:14 pm

life_saver wrote:Ant basically said that Jokic was best even after G1, G2 during post-game press conference

To be fair, though, he was trying not to wake up the bear. Same thing with Murray keeping quiet after G4 when Edwards was chirping at him. These teams know what's at stake and you don't want to give the other team bulletin material.
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,221

Post#29 » by art_tatum » Wed May 15, 2024 1:17 pm

He was the best in 2023 and this year arguably.
Imo 2022 arguably over curry, but I can go both ways.
2021 maybe but might have to give it to Giannis.
Pretty good stretch at least top 2 player the past 4 years.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,314

Post#30 » by MagicMatic » Wed May 15, 2024 1:19 pm

He has been for 4 seasons.

Anyone saying otherwise is following a Kendrick Perkins narrative.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,539

Post#31 » by Ambrose » Wed May 15, 2024 1:33 pm

Most people know this.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,473

Post#32 » by Woodsanity » Wed May 15, 2024 2:47 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Yeah time for me to go to bed. The suckfest has begun. Nothing like a real GM Jokic takeover.

I'm out peace! :lol:

Didn't know Ant was a realgmer. :lol:

Where were you when everyone was hating on Jokic just last week? :roll:
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,667

Post#33 » by Jaqua92 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:19 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:For the youngsters --

Game 5 Jokic IMO was like the best version of Bird if you never saw him play in real time.

Not quite the same play style but dominance in scoring, passing and rebounding (although Jokic was modest in that category tonight) with some ballhandling mixed in.

Jokic was totally unstoppable tonight and there was just an ease and inevitability to it all.

That's how it felt watching the best version of Bird, particularly as an opponent (against your team). Dread.

He really reminded me of Bird tonight by completely taking over the game and doing whatever he wanted, and doing it in a variety of ways (scoring, passing, etc).

Jokic is better than Bird ever was. Bird is a comparible passer, but the control Jokic has over the game is too much
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,054

Post#34 » by thinktank » Wed May 15, 2024 3:21 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:

Game 5 Jokic IMO was like the best version of Bird if you never saw him play in real time.

Not quite the same play style but dominance in scoring, passing and rebounding (although Jokic was modest in that category tonight) with some ballhandling mixed in.

Jokic was totally unstoppable tonight and there was just an ease and inevitability to it all.

That's how it felt watching the best version of Bird, particularly as an opponent (against your team). Dread.

He really reminded me of Bird tonight by completely taking over the game and doing whatever he wanted, and doing it in a variety of ways (scoring, passing, etc).

Jokic is better than Bird ever was. Bird is a comparible passer, but the control Jokic has over the game is too much

Jokic is quite a bit taller with more wingspan, enabling him to do things Bird could not. I’m a GIANT Bird fan, btw.

They do have a very similar looking shot, passing ability, rebounding ability, and killer instinct.

Jokic = Big Bird
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#35 » by Meeksology » Wed May 15, 2024 3:47 pm

mans said realgm suckfest like it wasnt Antman that made the comment lol
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,184

Post#36 » by tsherkin » Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 pm

Meeksology wrote:mans said realgm suckfest like it wasnt Antman that made the comment lol

You were expecting balanced responses from that crowd?
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#37 » by OfficialRef » Wed May 15, 2024 4:04 pm

Weak comment by Ant saying this in the middle of a series. So much for being MJ's son, I don't know any great player that says something like this midseries.
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 6,260

Post#38 » by Doranku » Wed May 15, 2024 4:11 pm

Jokic has put up 33/9/10/3stls/2blks on 61% shooting since the Nuggets went down 0-2 to make this a 3-2 series. What else is there to say?
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,162

Post#39 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Wed May 15, 2024 4:11 pm

He really reminded me of Bird tonight by completely taking over the game and doing whatever he wanted
, and doing it in a variety of ways (scoring, passing, etc).

Far above Bird in terms of being unstoppable and doing whatever he wanted offensively. Even the best versions of Bird could be completely shut down. Look at his series vs Detroit in 88. That was the highest scoring version of him. 17ppg & 35% Fg for the series.

Bird could be neutralized to some degree because he wasn't as great as some other all time greats as a 1 on 1 scorer. You couldn't always just give him the ball and kill guys off the dribble.......he needed to be freed up by screens a lot more than some all time greats for his offense.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#40 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 5:38 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:

Yet Jokers closest followers and fans recently said that Jokic is not HIM!!!

Return to The General Board