Garland to ask out if Mitchell extended

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,032

Re: Garland to ask out if Mitchell extended 

Post#21 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 16, 2024 3:11 am

VicG wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
zero rings wrote:I would 100% trade Garland if it meant keeping Mitchell

That's cute, but read the tea leaves.

This is Rich and Bron putting pressure on Cleveland to trade DMitch possibly to the Lakers. We all know Mitchell is not staying in Cleveland.

They just making sure Mitchell ask out and using Garland as the fall guy if somehow he does stay in Cleveland. Mitchell sitting out the last 2 games and Bron and Rich at the game.

Talks have already been made behind closed doors. I know LeBron and Rich they always move 2 steps ahead. Mitchell will probably somehow be a Lakers.

Good call. The hilarious thing is that won’t move the needle at all to get LA back to the WCF.
Its crazy how shady these guys are to their own clients. LeBron will use him own guy if it gets him closer to a championship. They use the media to trick people. Behind the scenes they had dinner with DMitch he sat out the past 2 games for a calf strain like cmon. Murray played with the same injury.

Klutch is smart, but if you know how they operate you can see through the bull.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,453

Post#22 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 16, 2024 3:12 am

Kurtz wrote:Garland for Ingram seems like a perfect match.
Fit wise, yes but would need a long term commitment from Ingram.
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,573

Post#23 » by SweaterBae » Thu May 16, 2024 3:14 am

Cleveland fans rejoice?
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,677

Post#24 » by MavsDirk41 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:14 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Klutch Sports and Rich Paul are such a toxic blight on the game. Parasites.

Feel bad for Cavs fans. They are hurting big time right now and have to put up with crap like this ?

Rich Paul makes Don King look like a class act in comparison. Wish there was legal grounds for the NBA to ban him as a player agent. Grub.

This 100%
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,032

Post#25 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 16, 2024 3:15 am

You don't get it.

They are using Garland as the fall guy. The goal is to get DMitch to the Lakers. They know he's not signing in Cleveland long-term. So they used their Klutch client to pressure them in losing both. They are trying to force Cleveland to trade DMitch while also using Garland as a unhappy camper who doesn't want to play with Mitchell.

Garland is already under contract. Why would they choose to trade Garland if Mitchell isn't signing anyway?

Chess not Checkers them Klutch boyz at it again!
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,787

Post#26 » by Kurtz » Thu May 16, 2024 3:19 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

You don't get it.

They are using Garland as the fall guy. The goal is to get DMitch to the Lakers. They know he's not signing in Cleveland long-term. So they used their Klutch client to pressure them in losing both. They are trying to force Cleveland to trade DMitch while also using Garland as a unhappy camper who doesn't want to play with Mitchell.

Garland is already under contract. Why would they choose to trade Garland if Mitchell isn't signing anyway?

Off course that proposal would only go down if Spida agreed to stay, otherwise Cle's better off keeping Garland.

I do like your conspiracy theory though, it makes a lot of sense.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,607

Post#27 » by eyriq » Thu May 16, 2024 3:20 am

Garland at 22 and 23 was a top 15 guard in the league. He's had injury issues this season and the fit with Mitchell isn't ideal, but if I'm another team I'm trying to acquire him.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,562

Post#28 » by LofJ » Thu May 16, 2024 3:24 am

I'm going to laugh when the Cavs end up extending Mitchell and trading Garland to the Lakers for LeBron.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#29 » by ogmagicfan » Thu May 16, 2024 3:26 am

I dont get the anger towards Garland for this.

You could see it from a mile away, Garland & Mitchell werent ever going to compliment each others games well. Garland's game has taken a hit, and thus he's on track to make less money on his next contract due to it

The nagging injuries this season dont help either

He's doing the Cavs a favor forcing their hand on this
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,562

Post#30 » by LofJ » Thu May 16, 2024 3:31 am

LeBron is going back to Cleveland to finish his career where he started it. Laker fans are being delusional thinking that the Cavs are going to trade Donovan Mitchell for whatever crappy return they're offering.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,560

Post#31 » by itrsteve » Thu May 16, 2024 3:32 am

AleksandarN wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
Read on Twitter

Klutch really wants Mitchell on the Lakers

Maybe far fetched but what if it’s a part of a S&T to get LeBron back home with a key salary piece being Garland and to pair with Mitchell?
Sixers in 4
Pro Prospect
And1: 787

Post#32 » by Sixers in 4 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:32 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

You don't get it.

Mitchell isn't going to the Lakers.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,714

Post#33 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:33 am

Doctor MJ wrote:
dockingsched wrote:If Mitchell extends it would be malpractice for the Cavs to even consider keeping Garland, shouldn’t require some trade demand.

Yeah it's weird this is coming out because it seems like all parties would see the sense in the situation.

It's possible that Garland's agent did this cluelessly, but most likely thing seems to be that the Cavs are at least telling Garland that they still think that a Mitchell/Garland back court is going to work, but Garland's alright concluded it isn't.

And I have to say, fit should have always been a major concern when considering acquiring Mitchell to pair with Garland, and it really doesn't seem like it was. Which is kinda bizarre when you remember that Garland didn't break out and earn his max deal until Sexton got injured.

Sexton had already been moved to the bench before he got injured

You won't find a bigger Garland fan than me on this board, but Rich Paul doesn't run the Cavs, and if Altman thinks running it back is the way to go, then that's what he should do. If Altman thinks that extending Mitchell is what he should do, then that's what he should do.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
KazuoOda
Rookie
And1: 1,368

Post#34 » by KazuoOda » Thu May 16, 2024 3:34 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:Obviously Mitchell isn't extending and he never was. I don't get the point of this.

Lol ok
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,714

Post#35 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:37 am

Also, **** Klutch for giving this to Shams before wheels down in Cleveland. There were a lot of ways to handle this. They picked about the worst one you could.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,336

Post#36 » by Zeno » Thu May 16, 2024 3:38 am

If Mitchell extends, does Garland for Towns make sense. Minny needs a successor to Conley and the difference in salary fixes the Wolves cap problems.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,620

Post#37 » by pistonsbball » Thu May 16, 2024 3:40 am

The King's coming home (again).
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,727

Post#38 » by shi-woo » Thu May 16, 2024 3:40 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
zero rings wrote:I would 100% trade Garland if it meant keeping Mitchell

That's cute, but read the tea leaves.

This is Rich and Bron putting pressure on Cleveland to trade DMitch possibly to the Lakers. We all know Mitchell is not staying in Cleveland.

They just making sure Mitchell ask out and using Garland as the fall guy if somehow he does stay in Cleveland. Mitchell sitting out the last 2 games and Bron and Rich at the game.

Talks have already been made behind closed doors. I know LeBron and Rich they always move 2 steps ahead. Mitchell will probably somehow be a Lakers.

Yeah this was my thoughts exactly when I read the title and saw the quote, and what I expected to see when both of them were at the game.

Just more LeBron NBA manipulation
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,086

Post#39 » by mg » Thu May 16, 2024 3:41 am

What a mess. Even the most casual fans could see that a Mitchell/Garland small, ball dominant backcourt was not optimal in today's NBA.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#40 » by Ballings7 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:44 am

Chokic wrote:
VicG wrote:LOL it doesn’t take long post-elimination for these stories to come out.

Garland isn’t that good.

Garland is really good hes a better floor general than mitchell but Mitchell is the overall better player. He wont reach his full potential sharing the ball w/ mitchell. This situation is akin to vince and tracy or kidd and nash. I think he would be great fit on the spurs.

Garland on the Spurs with Wemby and Vassell would be pretty nice. Better fit than Trae Young overall.

Younger PG with balanced skillset and offensive approach. Good personality.

Garland
Vassell
Keldon J. (at least for now)
Sochan
Wemby

Bench: Tre Jones, Branham, Blake Wesley, Collins, others..
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to The General Board