Rate Draymond Greens work as a studio show member

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Vote

5 out of 5
9%
4 out of 5
9%
3 out of 5
8%
2 out of 5
15%
1 out of 5
59%

Total votes: 199

thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,081

Re: Rate Draymond Greens work as a studio show member 

Post#101 » by thinktank » Thu May 16, 2024 3:48 am

CS707 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Yeap. Former elite NBA players made these comments. They're entitled to it and so are you.

I don't dislike Gobert at all and his stats, but dismissing what NBA players are saying plus his history of not showing up in the playoffs. Good example is the Kings fans show swear Sabonis is the best PF ever because he gets double doubles, but doesnt show up in the playoffs.

More NBA players side with me than you. A LOT more. Gobert has the highest plus minus on our team, my friend.

Anyway you’re doing you so I’m out. Nothing will change our opinions. Byeeee.

Didn’t the players poll name him as the most overrated player?

I was talking about the talking heads like JJRedick and such.

Let me ask you this:

Do you think American players want to give Frenchman Gobert credit for putting up HOF defensive efficiency numbers? Of course they don’t. Most players are American.

Green, for example, spent all his time denigrating Gobert rather than celebrating Jokic, who is clearly the better player, right?

That don’t make no damn sense, copyright Chuck.

Use an extreme example:

You beat our 10yo nephew in 1 on 1.

I cant stop saying after the game to our family:

“Man, our 10 year old nephew needs to take a long hard look in the mirror!”

:lol:

It doesn’t make sense. Green should be giving credit to Jokic but he’s international and he doesn’t want to do that. Easier out is drag international Gobert down.

That’s not objective reporting. That’s just TikTok nonsense that just so happens to be broadcast nationwide.
KAT in the 2024 playoffs: 19.1, 9.0, 2.6 on 46.6 / 36.1 / 85.5.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,506

Post#102 » by Black Jack » Thu May 16, 2024 3:48 am

brutalitops wrote:Guy said KAT guarded Jokic well and Gobert let the team down

The guys so bitter that on national TV he's calling KAT a better defender then Gobert. Now KAT has made huge steps and is an actual plus defender now but I mean. That's how bad Green is

seems like KAT was doing a better job because of mobility?

I really think Jokic is a bad 1:1 matchup for Gobert and KAT or Reid should be on him.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,266

Post#103 » by AdagioPace » Thu May 16, 2024 3:55 am

Draymond is pathetic. Im surprised they gave him a platform to express his problems. 0 entertainment value ala Barkley, 0 knowledge. He's another Shaq in the making without the talent
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,882

Post#104 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 16, 2024 3:56 am

Can ESPN hire Draymond so he doesn't show up on Inside
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,416

Post#105 » by CS707 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:57 am

thinktank wrote:
CS707 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
More NBA players side with me than you. A LOT more. Gobert has the highest plus minus on our team, my friend.

I was talking about the talking heads.

Let me ask you this:

Do you think American players want to give Frenchman Gobert credit for putting up HOF defensive efficiency numbers?

Green, for example, spent all his time denigrating Gobert rather than celebrating Jokic, who is clearly the better player, right?

That don’t make no damn sense.

It was low class, no argument from me there. I was really just responding to your claim about a lot more players siding with you. For whatever reason guys really don’t like him and it’s not his nationality as there has never been an issue with other French players that I can recall. At any rate, Rudy has been pretty unfortunate in having some high profile playoff defensive lowlights. And yes, Jokic was amazing and that should be celebrated but Rudy is also the most decorated defensive player of this generation, you’d like to see him defend his position a little better even if on ball defense isn’t his forte.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#106 » by Jimmy Recard » Thu May 16, 2024 4:00 am

To quote Billy Walsh from Entourage, “He sucks. And now the show sucks. And I hate everyone.”
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,390

Post#107 » by G R E Y » Thu May 16, 2024 4:05 am

He's excellent.

Keen insight, well explained, especially differences in prep between regular and post season.

You can easily see a successful post playing career.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,612

Post#108 » by eyriq » Thu May 16, 2024 4:06 am

5/5
RAPSinCAPS
Sophomore
And1: 212

Post#109 » by RAPSinCAPS » Thu May 16, 2024 4:09 am

G R E Y wrote:He's excellent.

Keen insight, well explained, especially differences in prep between regular and post season.

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,390

Post#110 » by G R E Y » Thu May 16, 2024 4:15 am

RAPSinCAPS wrote:
G R E Y wrote:He's excellent.

My only sample size is this post game section and I stand by it.

I want to dislike him but he helped Pop and team USA win a Gold so there will ways be a soft spot for him. At least in a national uni or odd the court. The on court antics have worn thin but I find myself holding two contradictory opinions about him.

I found his explanations way better than Chuck's or Shaq's.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,952

Post#111 » by Mk0 » Thu May 16, 2024 4:25 am

The dude is an insufferable jagoff.
Minny didn't even play tonight and he is still talking sh#% about Gobert. It has been like 4hrs of this guy taking shots.

One of these statements was pre-game Cavs/Celtics and the other post-game Mavs/Thunder.
"I would have defended Jokic better"
"He was the reason Chris Paul had a 40-10-0 game as well as Jokic"
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,575

Post#112 » by SweaterBae » Thu May 16, 2024 4:26 am

Someone stick a dirty sock in his mouth.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#113 » by thinktank » Thu May 16, 2024 4:35 am

CS707 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
CS707 wrote:

I was talking about the talking heads.

Let me ask you this:

Do you think American players want to give Frenchman Gobert credit for putting up HOF defensive efficiency numbers?

That don’t make no damn sense.

It was low class, no argument from me there. I was really just responding to your claim about a lot more players siding with you. For whatever reason guys really don’t like him and it’s not his nationality as there has never been an issue with other French players that I can recall. At any rate, Rudy has been pretty unfortunate in having some high profile playoff defensive lowlights. And yes, Jokic was amazing and that should be celebrated but Rudy is also the most decorated defensive player of this generation, you’d like to see him defend his position a little better even if on ball defense isn’t his forte.

It could be that he’s French tho. He’s the best French player ever. Americans typically don’t like France.

The correct move is to give Jokic the credit. He’s the better player. Period. That Green didn’t spend any time doing that is SO DISRESPECTFUL to Jokic.

Jokic’s prowess should be everyone’s headline. Not Gobert’s (or ANYONE’S) inability to defend Jokic.

“These houses just can’t stand up to these fires! I blame the carpenters!” :lol:
SeanieWard
Senior
And1: 501

Post#114 » by SeanieWard » Thu May 16, 2024 4:44 am

He's pretty good. I get "smartest guy in the room" vibes from him and he's very opinionated but that's not atypical. But he holds his own and does a decent job nonetheless
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,089

Post#115 » by AussieCeltic » Thu May 16, 2024 4:54 am

Let’s not forget the only time Draymond matched up with Jokic this season, Jokic dropped 32/16/16 on him.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,494

Post#116 » by brutalitops » Thu May 16, 2024 7:30 am

Black Jack wrote:
brutalitops wrote:Guy said KAT guarded Jokic well and Gobert let the team down

The guys so bitter that on national TV he's calling KAT a better defender then Gobert. Now KAT has made huge steps and is an actual plus defender now but I mean. That's how bad Green is

seems like KAT was doing a better job because of mobility?

I really think Jokic is a bad 1:1 matchup for Gobert and KAT or Reid should be on him.

Reid guarded Jokic well game 2. After that Jokic has butchered him. It's not mobility, it's that Gobert is playing between the Rim and Jokic. If Jokic is right down low he's scoring. It's not to do with Gobert defending poorly. Gobert has been good. If/When Kats on Jokic he's more setting plays up so it's not going to look like Jokic is scoring 30 on Kat.
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 893

Post#117 » by shza » Thu May 16, 2024 8:56 am

thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
thinktank wrote:
Dwight Howard? Gilbert Arenas? Oh people are talking, alright! Lunatics. :lol:

Take a peek at the Wolves before and after Gobert.

We’re now an all-time great defense. 56 wins or whatever in the tough West. Nobody outperformed more than us and OKC. Nobody is stopping HOF and top 10 NBA player Jokic. You’ll only understand that later! Actually you probably won’t. ;)

I’m gonna let you have at this argument. It’s a bad look. I’m not interested in former nutjob players desperately trying to generate clicks because they were too dumb to save their money and / or stay in the league. The guys on TNT couldn’t even look Green in the eye they were so embarrassed. :lol:

Yeap. Former elite NBA players made these comments. They're entitled to it and so are you.

I don't dislike Gobert at all and his stats, but dismissing what NBA players are saying plus his history of not showing up in the playoffs. Good example is the Kings fans show swear Sabonis is the best PF ever because he gets double doubles, but doesnt show up in the playoffs.

FWIW, Gobert has been voted the most overrated player in the league in both of the last two annual surveys of over 100 active NBA players The Athletic has published.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#118 » by thinktank » Thu May 16, 2024 12:11 pm

shza wrote:
thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

FWIW, Gobert has been voted the most overrated player in the league in both of the last two annual surveys of over 100 active NBA players The Athletic has published.

Scroll up. We talked about that already.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#119 » by thinktank » Thu May 16, 2024 12:12 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:Let’s not forget the only time Draymond matched up with Jokic this season, Jokic dropped 32/16/16 on him.

:lol: He’s a clown.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#120 » by Jimmy Recard » Thu May 16, 2024 12:32 pm

Return to The General Board