Aaron Gordon, Jamal Murray and MPJ could all win an FMVP above Jokic

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

svart
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Re: Aaron Gordon, Jamal Murray and MPJ could all win an FMVP above Jokic 

Post#81 » by svart » Thu May 16, 2024 6:21 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:Lmao! Does anybody else find the Embiid Big 3 (Hussein Fatal, Godymas, Eyetoma) hilarious and one of the best parts of this forum? They're like the three ultimate homers and they all happen to root for the same guy. They get super jealous and insecure about Jokic. Hussein Fatal makes ban bets and refuses to honor them. These guys are ****ing hilarious.

To be completely honest, your thread about the NBA defense was very humorous too.

But you are right, those three are stand-up material.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 1,054

Post#82 » by ScrantonBulls » Thu May 16, 2024 6:24 am

svart wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:Lmao! Does anybody else find the Embiid Big 3 (Hussein Fatal, Godymas, Eyetoma) hilarious and one of the best parts of this forum? They're like the three ultimate homers and they all happen to root for the same guy. They get super jealous and insecure about Jokic. Hussein Fatal makes ban bets and refuses to honor them. These guys are ****ing hilarious.

To be completely honest, your thread about the NBA defense was very humorous too.

But you are right, those three are stand-up material.

About how the physicality during these playoffs is on par with previous eras? That's an evident fact to anybody who has watched past eras.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 813

Post#83 » by madskillz8 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:42 am

damanick10 wrote:We need a case study on Embiid fans. How did we allow this? Was it the environment? External factors? Hereditary? Because of Godymas and Eyetoma we will never reach Mars.

Lol, after seeing this thread, I was seriously thinking about this- why are there are more extremely obsessed player fans for Embiid than any other players combined in realgm?

Just a coincidence? Philly sports culture? An element in the tap water in some specific part of Philly that causes obsession towards unlikeable players? because one Harden super fan also started his fandom when he plays for 76ers AFAIR. But in one of their profiles say location is Indonesia. I'm confused, but it is definitely interesting. I still think it is just a coincidence TBH. Because there are lots of good 76ers posters here, but we always hear the vocal minority as they are extremely vocal in the GB.
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,832

Post#84 » by naabzor » Thu May 16, 2024 7:05 am

Meh I'm watching the games and Murray an MPJ are playing like garbage most of the time. I agree with Gordon he is by far the best player on this Nuggets team not named Jokic of course.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,192
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#85 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 16, 2024 7:09 am

Jokic gonna go for 32/14/10 on uber efficiency and some Embiid stan going to pretend Aaron Gordon was the mvp :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,437

Post#86 » by Gusto1903 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:15 am

How Sway?
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Post#87 » by THE J0KER » Thu May 16, 2024 7:34 am

Justice for KCP!
Andri
Junior
And1: 286

Post#88 » by Andri » Thu May 16, 2024 8:14 am

It is taking years for Embiid fans to move from denial to anger. Maybe by 2040 they will accept it
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 689

Post#89 » by Riko » Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 am

The league should hope Denver and Jokic don't repeat, they are a couple of ring chaser away from building a dynasty like in the 80es
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,213

Post#90 » by Mavrelous » Thu May 16, 2024 9:19 am

FMVP is overrated anyway, 30 point streaks against the Hornets and Blazers are what it's really all about.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Handlez
Junior
And1: 673

Post#91 » by Handlez » Thu May 16, 2024 9:19 am

Ya...no.

Not even close.
JVFRMN
Freshman
And1: 129

Post#92 » by JVFRMN » Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 am

Godymas wrote:I think this is 100% possible. There were talks last year that Murray should have been FMVP based on the first 3 games alone of the series.

This playoffs, Gordon has been exceptional for Denver. He basically played a perfect game of basketball to completely dismantle Minnesota on Sunday. Gordon has been huge on both ends of the floor for Denver and he's having his best run of games by far. There is a world where Gordon ends up being a two way stud for Denver in the finals and gets the FMVP.

Then there's the unsung hero of Denver this playoffs. MPJ who's quietly dropping 17 ppg on 60%TS comfortably shooting 45% from 3 on 7 3PA. MPJ is the kind of guy that could singlehandedly get hot for a series and swing the entire game.

I mean Denver really struck gold with their 3 guys to surround Jokic with, they really enable Jokic to win.

100% agree, but social media will hate this take. Hold down the fort, because this is clear as day.
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,443

Post#93 » by Godymas » Thu May 16, 2024 11:00 am

ConSarnit wrote:
Rishkar wrote:
Godymas wrote:I think this is 100% possible. There were talks last year that Murray should have been FMVP based on the first 3 games alone of the series.

This playoffs, Gordon has been exceptional for Denver. He basically played a perfect game of basketball to completely dismantle Minnesota on Sunday. Gordon has been huge on both ends of the floor for Denver and he's having his best run of games by far. There is a world where Gordon ends up being a two way stud for Denver in the finals and gets the FMVP.

Then there's the unsung hero of Denver this playoffs. MPJ who's quietly dropping 17 ppg on 60%TS comfortably shooting 45% from 3 on 7 3PA. MPJ is the kind of guy that could singlehandedly get hot for a series and swing the entire game.

I mean Denver really struck gold with their 3 guys to surround Jokic with, they really enable Jokic to win.

As a Denver fan, this is a real possibility. Jokic enables those around him to be better, I can definitely see a world where any of these guys get it.

Jokic is currently averaging 29/13/10 on 65 TS%. Do you know how many points MPJ would have to score to get finals MVP?

To match Jokic’s scoring, and JUST his scoring, MPJ would have to average 39ppg from here on out.

Like, come on guys. You have to think more or do a better job trolling. It has to be at least a tiny bit realistic to be effective. The braindead troll approach doesn’t work.

i didn't realize the finals MVP was determined by a players whole stats for the playoffs :D
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,443

Post#94 » by TheNG » Thu May 16, 2024 11:12 am

If they win the title, I think Jokic will be super happy regardless who wins the FMVP. He will happy for the ring, happy for his teammate winning the FMVP, and happy to go do some horse racing in Serbia.

Regardless of this, Jokis IS the team.
Replace Jokic with ANY player who is not named Luka, and this team is not a contender.
Replace Jokic with ANY player who is not top10 in the league, and they are not reaching Playoffs.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,849

Post#95 » by ConSarnit » Thu May 16, 2024 2:17 pm

Rishkar wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:
Rishkar wrote:As a Denver fan, this is a real possibility. Jokic enables those around him to be better, I can definitely see a world where any of these guys get it.

Jokic is currently averaging 29/13/10 on 65 TS%. Do you know how many points MPJ would have to score to get finals MVP?

To match Jokic’s scoring, and JUST his scoring, MPJ would have to average 39ppg from here on out.

Like, come on guys. You have to think more or do a better job trolling. It has to be at least a tiny bit realistic to be effective. The braindead troll approach doesn’t work.

Wait, I'm a little confused. Isn't Finals MVP given out based on performance solely in the finals? Because that's what I've always imagined, but you're making it seem like this series plays into it

95% of the time it is given out the best player on the winning team. The times when it hasn’t been the best player it’s gone to the an elite wing defensive stopper. Does that sound like MPJ?

Let me put it this way: in the finals, MPJ would have to outscore Jokic by a significant margin to have any chance at finals MVP. Jokic is currently averaging 29ppg. MPJ’s career playoff high is 28.

Things that need to happen for MPJ to win finals MVP:

-Denver wins title
-suddenly becomes elite defensive wing
-averages more points per game for an entire playoff series than his best ever single scoring playoff game

Now what are the odds the above happen?
Franco
Veteran
And1: 3,195

Post#96 » by Franco » Thu May 16, 2024 2:36 pm

Godymas wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:100% chance Joe L Embiid and Tobias Harris retire with the same amount of FMVPs thats for sure.

Jokic with Joe L's team would have 2-3 rings already.

Can you imagine Jokic having Philly’s 2019 teammates. How does Joel fail to get out of the second round?

Unfortunately Kawhi Leonard hit the greatest shot of all time to prevent Embiid from advancing :oops:

It would be nice if Embiid could face a 7 seed and 8 seed to get a ring

Remind me again, what happened the last time Philly got to play a 5th seed in the playoffs?
About 2018 Cavs:

euroleague wrote:His team would be considered a super-team in other eras, and that's why commentators like Charles Barkley criticize LBJ for his complaining. He has talent on his team, he just doesn't try during the regular season
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#97 » by zero rings » Thu May 16, 2024 2:51 pm

madskillz8 wrote:
damanick10 wrote:We need a case study on Embiid fans. How did we allow this? Was it the environment? External factors? Hereditary? Because of Godymas and Eyetoma we will never reach Mars.

Lol, after seeing this thread, I was seriously thinking about this- why are there are more extremely obsessed player fans for Embiid than any other players combined in realgm?

Just a coincidence? Philly sports culture? An element in the tap water in some specific part of Philly that causes obsession towards unlikeable players? because one Harden super fan also started his fandom when he plays for 76ers AFAIR. But in one of their profiles say location is Indonesia. I'm confused, but it is definitely interesting. I still think it is just a coincidence TBH. Because there are lots of good 76ers posters here, but we always hear the vocal minority as they are extremely vocal in the GB.

76ers fans are fine. It’s the Embiid stans that are totally unhinged lol

It makes sense when you think about it. Not only are they emotionally invested in a player who lets them down year after year, they are also obsessed with tearing down Jokic, who repeatedly makes them look like fools. At this point I think they hate Jokic more than they love Embiid. It’s a tortured existence.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,378

Post#98 » by KembaWalker » Thu May 16, 2024 3:01 pm

Embiid fans are down this bad eh
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,033

Post#99 » by Dirk » Thu May 16, 2024 3:44 pm

Locking the topic because you failed to mention Reggie Jackson.

If anyone on the Nuggets not named Jokic wins MVP, this topic is unlocked and you'll be granted lifetime immunity.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board