2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,396

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#5621 » by Capn'O » Thu May 16, 2024 4:12 am

cgf wrote:
omerome wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

No rhythm whatsoever.

It was almost not completely off beat...so pretty good for Boston :dontknow:

We still have a series to finish.

Should we play Boston - I can't guarantee victory but someone is losing an eye.

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,553

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#5622 » by gavran » Thu May 16, 2024 4:12 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:
Besides losing Mathurin, we lost Buddy with nothing in return for this season, via trade. That's a lot of offense to lose at one position.

Considering his performance against the Knicks in the 1rst round, not much was lost there.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Post#5623 » by ITGM » Thu May 16, 2024 5:40 am

Tron Carter wrote:
MMyhre wrote:Haliburton frauding..

Read on Twitter

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,425

Post#5624 » by DaGawd » Thu May 16, 2024 9:27 am

gavran wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:
Besides losing Mathurin, we lost Buddy with nothing in return for this season, via trade. That's a lot of offense to lose at one position.

Considering his performance against the Knicks in the 1rst round, not much was lost there.

i mean he didn’t really play for whatever reason until game 6… where he torched us in the first half
BaF
Washington Wizards
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,610

Post#5625 » by Hoop Hunter » Thu May 16, 2024 9:32 am

DaGawd wrote:
gavran wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:

i mean he didn’t really play for whatever reason until game 6… where he torched us in the first half

Did you watch any of the games? He's played in everyone. Played well in his role, 20 something minutes per game.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,425

Post#5626 » by DaGawd » Thu May 16, 2024 9:37 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
gavran wrote:Considering his performance against the Knicks in the 1rst round, not much was lost there.

Did you watch any of the games? He's played in everyone. Played well in his role, 20 something minutes per game.

i’m referring to the comment about hield’s performance in the first round against us this year
BaF
Washington Wizards
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,553

Post#5627 » by gavran » Thu May 16, 2024 9:40 am

DaGawd wrote:
gavran wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:

We was unplayable due to his defense until desperation hit Philly in the last game.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 271

Post#5628 » by yoadknux » Thu May 16, 2024 9:45 am

It's a nice and competitive series, fun to watch for sure, but I think we all know Boston will knock out whoever advances
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,610

Post#5629 » by Hoop Hunter » Thu May 16, 2024 9:47 am

DaGawd wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:
DaGawd wrote:i mean he didn’t really play for whatever reason until game 6… where he torched us in the first half

i’m referring to the comment about hield’s performance in the first round against us this year

My bad thought you were talking about Sheppard.

Buddy played better for us than Philly, thought he would really help them. Buddy had really good chemistry with Hali offensively. Hali and Buddy together, not a defensive backcourt to say the least.

I don't think we'd have traded Buddy if Mathurin had got hurt before we traded him. We'd just let Buddy walk at the end of the season. Glad it worked out the way it did, Sheppard got a great opportunity and has mostly succeeded.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,654

Post#5630 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Thu May 16, 2024 12:45 pm

Read on Twitter
Слава Украине!
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 925

Post#5631 » by NY2k1 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:38 pm

yoadknux wrote:It's a nice and competitive series, fun to watch for sure, but I think we all know Boston will knock out whoever advances

I would never count out this Knicks team if they advance, but yeah, they're too depleted depth-wise to win a long series against Boston most likely. It'd be a different story if they were fully healthy.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,228

Post#5632 » by theFireBlanket » Thu May 16, 2024 2:52 pm

wish game 6 was tonight. yoooo.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,962

Post#5633 » by Jadoogar » Thu May 16, 2024 3:06 pm

Second round has been really fun so far.
Wolves/Nuggets has been full of twists and watching one of the all time greats putting on a show.
Knicks/Pacers have been mostly close games and that NY crowd is extremely fun to watch
OKC/Mavs very tightly contested with 2 superstars going at it

Celtics/Cavs was the only snoozer but atleast that was expected.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#5634 » by cgf » Thu May 16, 2024 3:06 pm

NY2k1 wrote:
yoadknux wrote:It's a nice and competitive series, fun to watch for sure, but I think we all know Boston will knock out whoever advances

I would never count out this Knicks team if they advance, but yeah, they're too depleted depth-wise to win a long series against Boston most likely. It'd be a different story if they were fully healthy.

We probably won't have the firepower to match the Celtics starting 5 without Julius...if we finish the job against the Pacers...but I'd argue that we'd actually have better depth than Boston if OG & KP are both healthy.

With OG starting we'd have McBride, Burks, & Achiuwa getting minutes off the bench...with Sims & Milton next up.
If KP is back they will have Pritchard, Hauser, & Horford getting minutes off their bench...with Kornet & Tillman next up.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,004

Post#5635 » by RHODEY » Thu May 16, 2024 7:02 pm

NY2k1 wrote:

Considering how the Celts looks vs a depleted and disinterested Cavs team ...I wouldn't count the Knicks out entirely.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#5636 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 16, 2024 7:41 pm

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not a real image just to clarify, it was made but 'NBA Cental' or something like that, a known NBA troll account.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,087

Post#5637 » by Drakeem » Thu May 16, 2024 9:41 pm

I won't lie to you, if Hali is really a star, his roster is talented enough for him to beat this Knicks team with this amount of injuries. I'd say it's borderline embarrassing for him and the team to lose this series. With all the hurt players they're practically being handed the win on a plate.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,654

Post#5638 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Thu May 16, 2024 9:50 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not a real image just to clarify, it was made but 'NBA Cental' or something like that, a known NBA troll account.

Yeah, I knew it but it was very clever
Слава Украине!
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,463

Post#5639 » by Nuntius » Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 am

davidfr94 wrote:Even if we win this series (something we wouldn't deserve), you cannot be pleased with what you are seeing from this pacers team.

You struggled a lot against the bucks without giannis in a series you could have easily lost without that game winning shot by haliburton.

Then you face this Knicks team that is playing without two starters and their backup center and their best player off the bench and you are getting blown out while being pretty much at full strenght ?

You are supposed to have two max player (counting siakam) and you cannot dominate this Knicks team playing without FOUR IMPORTANT PLAYERS ?

I am not sure we really have a choice giving siakam that max contrat but man that guy is such a weird player. i don't know if this New version of him, going from that Athletic, Quick do it all forward to this kind of slow/smooth post UP player, IS really what we needed to take that next Step.
He lacks strengh so he has trouble getting to his spot and doesn't dominate at all out there on both end of the floor. He can't even take advantage of being guarded by hart. That is not a max player at all for me.

At some point it is important not confusing inexperience and just not being very good.

I think that you are losing the forest for the trees here, my friend.

Before the season started, most people (fans and pundits alike) had us as either a lottery or a play-in team. When we were doing well early on in the season, people loved calling the Pacers "Hali and the scrubs". Let's not pretend that we're some kind of superteam here. Yes, the Siakam trade did raise expectations a bit but no one thought that it made us contenders. Because we aren't contenders. We aren't pretending to be contenders either. We are way too early in our trajectory for any of that.

The goal for us this year was to make the playoffs so our young guys can get valuable playoff experience. We reached that goal.

Then we won our first round series which is not something anyone expected us to do (since people expected Giannis to return and the Bucks to eventually beat us).

And now we're in the second round. No one expected us to be here. People have been calling us the weakest team in the playoffs for a couple weeks now. And we keep getting more and more experience for our young guys. Playing against this immensely tough Knicks team in a high-pressure situation and pushing this series to at least 6 games. That's how you galvanize a young team. That's how a young team learns how to win down the road. That's where it grows.

And, yes, the Knicks are missing a number of players. That is definitely true. But they are also a team coach by Tom Thibodeau. And that means a couple of things. The first of those things is that they are probably going to miss some players in the playoffs. That's how it goes with Thibodeau's teams, they are rarely fully healthy in the post-season. But the other and more important thing is that Thibodeau's teams are always, always much better than the sum of its parts. They are the embodiment of next man up mentality. They have to be. If they weren't, they wouldn't be able to survive the wear and tear that his style results to.

This has been evident throughout the run that the Knicks have had in the latter part of this year. Hart started the season on the bench and now he's not just a starter, he's playing 43.6 MPG in the playoffs while being 4th in RPG these playoffs. DiVincenzo wasn't a starter at the start of the season either. Neither was Hartenstein. McBride wasn't even in the rotation.

The Nova Knicks weren't a thing at the start of the season. They became a thing due to injuries and trades. And they became a thing exactly because Thibodeau's teams embody the next man up mentality. Randle goes down? That's alright, Hart will step up. RJ Barrett and Quickley are traded away? That's alright, DiVincenzo and McBride are here. Heck, we're seeing it in this series. Just look at Alec Burks.

That's what Thibs does. That's why his teams have only had 2 losing seasons (out of 10 full seasons) and why he has a 57.5% winning percentage.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,498

Post#5640 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

Drakeem wrote:I won't lie to you, if Hali is really a star, his roster is talented enough for him to beat this Knicks team with this amount of injuries. I'd say it's borderline embarrassing for him and the team to lose this series. With all the hurt players they're practically being handed the win on a plate.

Even a hobbled Brunson was too much

Return to The General Board