Safe to say, Chet "Hologram" Holgrem > Paolo Banchero

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

uraverage
Rookie
And1: 477

Re: Safe to say, Chet "Hologram" Holgrem > Paolo Banchero 

Post#621 » by uraverage » Thu May 16, 2024 9:18 pm

Apples and oranges... One is asked to be a Batman and the other is asked to be a Robin.

For me the Magic made the right pick for them.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,813

Safe to say, Chet "Hologram" Holgrem > Paolo Banchero 

Post#622 » by sikma42 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:26 pm

BrooklynDynasty wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:The answer to me is still what it’s always been. Both teams got the player they needed.

ORL was in desperate need for a true #1 option and 2 years in, it looks they hit a HR with that.

While OKC needed a big that could play off of SGA. I don’t think Paolo would as impactful as he is if he was playing off of SGA. Plus OKC needs rim protection.

that's just another way of saying Orlando needed a true #1 option star, and OKC needed a role player. Which just proves the Banchero > Chet point further

It’s tough bc I think Chet is a massively overrated offensive player BUT on defense he brings a lot to the table, which could make him more valuable than a mid #1 option.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,955

Re: Safe to say, Chet Holgrem > Paolo Banchero 

Post#623 » by Jakay » Thu May 16, 2024 9:26 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
hyper316 wrote:Banchero's archetype (a big, versatile wing who can serve as a team's primary scorer) is very easy to identify as a success mold in the NBA's history. Many champions and contenders had a similar player like him as their best player.

I am very curious who these teams are with a versatile giant wing PF leading them to the chip. LeBron... sure, of course. Beyond that though.. mmm.. Bird... Dirk maybe.

I don't disagree he can be that guy, but I wouldn't blanket statement it's one of the prominent championship positions. Guards and Cs have been more impactful there imo.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,424

Re: Safe to say, Chet 

Post#624 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu May 16, 2024 9:46 pm

sikma42 wrote:
BrooklynDynasty wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:The answer to me is still what it’s always been. Both teams got the player they needed.

ORL was in desperate need for a true #1 option and 2 years in, it looks they hit a HR with that.

While OKC needed a big that could play off of SGA. I don’t think Paolo would as impactful as he is if he was playing off of SGA. Plus OKC needs rim protection.

that's just another way of saying Orlando needed a true #1 option star, and OKC needed a role player. Which just proves the Banchero > Chet point further

It’s tough bc I think Chet is a massively overrated offensive player BUT on defense he brings a lot to the table, which could make him more valuable than a mid #1 option.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I mean is Chets offence massively overrated? I always though Chet would succeed in the nba, but were people expecting more than 17 ppg with good across the board efficiency on a top regular season team in the league with one of the best scorers in the game? Man, I'm kind of satisfied with where he's at right now.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,293

Re: Safe to say, Chet "Hologram" Holgrem > Paolo Banchero 

Post#625 » by Lalouie » Thu May 16, 2024 10:34 pm

too early, but by position
blanchero's position is a dime a dozen

Return to The General Board