Lamar Odom Most Unimproved/Mentally Weak Player in NBA?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#41 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:57 am

Gibson does more than just shoot 3's however. One of these days he's going to realize that he's quicker than most people that are trying to defend him. He's got a nice floater in the lane. I really think the only thing that prevents him from putting up more points is his reluctance to shoot and/or take people off the dribble.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#42 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 am

LakerFanMan wrote:Odom has much more value then Gibson. Thing is though, I seriously doubt a Lebron/Odom combo would mesh well.

I think there is a lot of of exaggerating going on here though. I mean hes a carerr 16/9/5 guy, that's not too bad. I guess the point is though he never really hit his potential. Most of us Laker fans just have no idea what the hell is wrong with Odom this season.

Odom has been used as the 3rd option with the emergence of Bynum...i dont think 14-10 is that bad for a 3rd option.

Now that Bynum is out, he needs to get back to about 19-10 ..its only been 4 games though.
Hoops Pimp
Junior
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Hoops Pimp » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:52 am

The problem is that Odom is no more than a 3rd option on a contending team but he is getting 2nd option money.

When Bynum is playing and putting up 18 and 12, having a 3rd guy getting 14 and 10 makes you the best team in your conference. I think Lamar got comfortable having the burden of being the side kick taken off of him. He could get away with having bad games and no one would notice because the team disn't need much more than he was giving. Now with Bynum gone he is getting exposed for what he is. An overpriced 3rd scoring option with very good length and quickness that allows him to get a bunch of rebounds. He is very unselfish so he gets a bunch of assist.

Odom is barely outscoring Fisher on the season which is pathetic.
Odom is not a good defender and makes a bunch of stupid plays.
Odom gets by off of flat out natural talent. Not hard work or effort just natural talent.
Odom should be pissed that he has never been an All-Star with all his natural talent but doesn't really seem to care nor has he ever in 10 years.
Odom says he want to be an All-Star but his actions don't show it.

I been there and done like Dr. Dre
I don't pay attention to n****s or what they say
The only thing that counts is action is what I've learned
Cause n****s talk a good game like the late Chick Hearn

I'm out.............
"One of my Ho's asked me one day why I play hoops and my sneakers never get dirty? I told her I got more hang time than M.J. and my sneakers never touch the ground."

Hoops Pimp
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#44 » by Kobay » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:56 am

Only way we making trade with Cleavland is if it involves Verajao (rember odom is 14 mil expiring after next year)
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,006

Post#45 » by tsherkin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:11 pm

Odom would be TERRIBLE in Cleveland; WTF does Lebron need with Odom to take the ball out of his hands and do nothing special with it? Lebron needs the Cavs to move Hughes and turn him into a shooting guard that can actually shoot.

Danny Ferry is an IDIOT for signing Hughes....

If Odom is acquired as an expiring contract to be moved, I'd be shocked, stunned and completely staggered (of course, he's not an expiring until next year but even still) by Ferry's random shift in foresight and basketball acumen.

Odom is a waste for Kobe, conflicting with his spots on the floor and getting overpaid to underperform; he'd be no different for Lebron and only has value as a moveable contract. Of course, if they could move Larry Hughes to get Odom, that would be fantastic, since his contract is much, much shorter.

But Ferry won't do it, because he's useless.
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#46 » by LakerFanMan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:51 pm

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Odom has been used as the 3rd option with the emergence of Bynum...i dont think 14-10 is that bad for a 3rd option.

Now that Bynum is out, he needs to get back to about 19-10 ..its only been 4 games though.

It's not the numbers though. Yea he's putting up 14-10, but it's his inconsistency that's the factor. He'll put up 20/15 one game and then 5/5 the next, that's the problem we have with him.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#47 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Craig McDermott wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If. It. Is. Bothering. Him. , He. Shouldn't. Be. Playing.

And. If. He. Quit. Pricks. Like. You. Would. Complain. Even. More.

Basketball was like his therapy, he was quoted as saying so, so he's not going to quit.

Return to The General Board