Ron Artest - Still Crazy

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#121 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:28 pm

*chuckles at ten pages over this*

There were a couple iffy moments from Ron for sure, but other than that I didn't really mind what he was doing. Also just didn't deserve those two technicals, and from those two incidents it was just physical basketball. There also being no continuity the second before and the time after the technicals were called.

Also have to take into account his sick daughter is on his mind regularily, at times.

Who knows what stuff Artest was hearing from the fans during the game, too. But obviously there was something from them. Than the typical booing and "you suck!". If it was just the latter (and nobody knows but Ron and those fans), then there should of been little to no reaction from Ron.

I remember Stephen Jackson said he heard racial slurs from the crowd (partially of course) during the playoffs last year.

DalekJazz wrote:For everyone who thinks the Jazz are soft, a couple of years ago the Jazz held the Kings with Artest without a field goal for the entire fourth quarter.

I've never thought the Jazz are a soft team. They've always been one of the tough teams in the league for a long time now.

Though the interior defense (altering shots from big men) is not really there of the last year or so and now. As especially shown in the playoffs against the Spurs. They have indeed been "soft" there, and I think will probably hold them back until it gets better. There isn't a consistent big man defensive presence at the basket.

But, in that game mentioned, what also happened, in the 2nd half (later 3rd/early 4th I think) Artest hurt his hip on a hard foul from Ostertag, and noticably effected him for the rest of the game. He probably shouldn't of even been playing after he rested for a little bit.

That game ended up just being a dot on the Kings great 2nd half season, anyway.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,453

Post#122 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:32 pm

dalekjazz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I imagine that would be pretty hard to do if your team doesn't score a field goal for a whole quarter.

Eh, I was using a different game for an example but Artest did postered AK47...

Regardless, this is irreverent to the discussion...
Jazz-49ers-Braves
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#123 » by Jazz-49ers-Braves » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm

djtruebeliever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

with all due respect, joking about mormons is easy and fun. I mean, the guy created the book of mormon by reading out of a hat that he wouldn't let anyone else read out of, and until like 1985 mormons were supposed to wear their holy-underwear in the shower. seriously, I'm not making this stuff up.

You are making that stuff up but I won't get into that. I seriously don't get why people are allowed to make fun of mormons on this board and not get the thread locked, like it would if it were another group/religion.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,522

Post#124 » by pillwenney » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Jazz-49ers-Braves wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You are making that stuff up but I won't get into that. I seriously don't get why people are allowed to make fun of mormons on this board and not get the thread locked, like it would if it were another group/religion.

Well one comment won't lead to a thread being locked....

But several will and sooo.....

Thanks for the heavy work load guys.

Return to The General Board