James Jones pulls a Ricky* Davis

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Charlie78
Starter
And1: 81

Post#101 » by Charlie78 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:46 pm

I especially love the idea of Jones being a stat padder. That 15% shooting percentage sure gains him alot of respect. AI is a stat padder not jones please think about what you are going to type before you type it.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#102 » by NetsForce » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:52 pm

What makes the play real bad is that you can see some Rockets player shaking hands with other Blazers players saying "good game" or whatever, then Jones, probably because no one is shaking his scrub hand just gets real pissed picks up the ball and shows off his "mad skills".
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#103 » by 5DOM » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:20 pm

MaxRider wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yes, T-Mac got a TO, and Jones got a STL and 2 PTS

PWNED
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#104 » by hermes » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:24 pm

i bet it was C: i really need to score this game
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#105 » by RoxFan08 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:33 pm

NetsForce wrote:What makes the play real bad is that you can see some Rockets played shaking hands with other Blazers players saying "good game" or whatever, then Jones, probably because no one is shaking his scrub hand just gets real pissed picks up the ball and shows off his "mad skills".

:rofl: After seeing it again, you can clearly see Carl Landry offering props to a Portland player, and Tmac just leaves it on the floor, and Jones goes sprinting off and all the other players are like, WTF?
Heatmagic84
Bench Warmer
And1: 29

Post#106 » by Heatmagic84 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 pm

carrying the ball for that long hurts tmac's back

it's the same reason breast reductions exist

he had one on the court - basically
"Fallen soldiers my homies lay in caskets
They couldn't survive the Heat just like the Mavericks"
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#107 » by Rasheeed!!! » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 pm

yunggunz wrote:
A)"**** you TMac, dont walk off the court before the game is over"
B)"we still have a chance, 10 points in 3 seconds? no problem"
C)"damn, I really need to score in this game"
D) "this **** is going to be hilarious. no one sees it coming"

or
E) I wonder how many pages on RealGM will be dedicated to me
King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#108 » by King Roosk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:17 pm

farzi wrote:It was a dumb move on both player's parts, but its even more dumb to make an entire thread whining about it.

Also, :rofl: @ the Rockets fan(s) saying Portland can't "hang" with you guys. The Blazers played their worst half of basketball in several years, only making 7 field goals and scoring 29 points the entire second half :nonono:

Despite that, it was a close game until the last few minutes. But I suppose its your superior team's defense (I really do think you guys are a superior team this year) that caused every player on the Blazers to miss wide open shots, as well as missing many more free throws than they do in any other game. Pat yourselves on the back for that one.

Let this thread die now please.

The Rockets had 20 turnovers, and Yao Ming had his 2nd worst outing of the season. Also, no Rocket scored over 15 points. I wouldn't call it our prettiest game of the season either...

And I don't know if you watched the game or not, but Portland's poor 2nd half was clearly a result of the Rocket defense. We haven't been defensively sound all season, but Battier put the clamps on Roy and we put forth one hell of a defensive effort in the 2nd half.

Another thing I find funny about this whole ordeal is that everyone says "Tmac quit, it's his fault". If you watch the video closely, you'll see that everybody on both teams quit...except James Jones. In addition to Mcgrady walking off the court, Jones's own teammates walked off the court. I also find Jones's hesitation before he picked up the ball really funny. When players do things like that, they typically make it smooth. However, James Jones grabbed that ball and acted like he was running for his life. The video makes this a complete joke to me, fans from both teams...how is this not funny?

:rofl:
breaker91
Starter

Post#109 » by breaker91 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:29 pm

^Actually, the biggest joke is that there are over 100 replies and several thousand views. I didn't realize there were so many people out there that have nothing better to do than discuss an inconsequential action on the part of T-Mac and James Jones.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
RoxFan08
Veteran

Post#110 » by RoxFan08 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:30 pm

King Roosk wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Rockets had 20 turnovers, and Yao Ming had his 2nd worst outing of the season. Also, no Rocket scored over 15 points. I wouldn't call it our prettiest game of the season either...

And I don't know if you watched the game or not, but Portland's poor 2nd half was clearly a result of the Rocket defense. We haven't been defensively sound all season, but Battier put the clamps on Roy and we put forth one hell of a defensive effort in the 2nd half.

Another thing I find funny about this whole ordeal is that everyone says "Tmac quit, it's his fault". If you watch the video closely, you'll see that everybody on both teams quit...except James Jones. In addition to Mcgrady walking off the court, Jones's own teammates walked off the court. I also find Jones's hesitation before he picked up the ball really funny. When players do things like that, they typically make it smooth. However, James Jones grabbed that ball and acted like he was running for his life. The video makes this a complete joke to me, fans from both teams...how is this not funny?

:rofl:

My thoughts coalesced in script.
Raymond Felton
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#111 » by Raymond Felton » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:21 pm

who cares. Play until the end of the game. its 48 minutes, not 47:55, you choose to put the ball down for grabs thats ur problem, props to Jones in all honesty.
bballmaniac27
Starter
And1: 4

Post#112 » by bballmaniac27 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:58 pm

hahah this thread is still going on? LOL I love how people are trying to blame this on Tmac. Again, this is really not a big deal and the OP blew it out of proportion by saying he pulled a " Ricky Davis"

But still, it was a pathetic attempt at stat padding.
kooldude
Lead Assistant
And1: 78

Post#113 » by kooldude » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:05 pm

haha, this is just funny but not as classic as Ricky Davis.
Warspite wrote:I still would take Mitch (Richmond) over just about any SG playing today. His peak is better than 2011 Kobe and with 90s rules hes better than Wade.

Jordan23Forever wrote:People are delusional.
BlazerFanDan
Senior

Post#114 » by BlazerFanDan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:57 pm

kandiking wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

agreed. it doesn't matter but WTF. i hate the holier than thou blazer fans. greg oden would die in a car accident if i had gypsy powers.

That was a pretty classy comment.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#115 » by MaxRider » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 pm

wireonfire wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

(picture)

IMO this should be #1 in the top 10 highlight

Return to The General Board