No Becky, Jalen Brunson IS A SUPERSTAR!

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,615

Re: No Becky, Jalen Brunson IS A SUPERSTAR! 

Post#101 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 3:10 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:complete bs my man. so you’re basically saying any stats, accolades and accomplishments accumulated in this era should be thrown out/asterisks because the 90s was such a superior era.. correct? why even watch the league any more if that’s the case

No not thrown out.

But big scoring numbers don’t hit the same as they used to.

It’s not even about the 90s being a superior era or anything like that.

Scoring has just never been easier and that’s a fact.

Something tells me you weren’t running with this narrative when Tatum was dropping 51 in the ECF last season.

There’s plenty of vhs tapes for you to indulge in to get your 90s ball fix if you wanna be the bitter old man that yells at the clouds.

I’m young. The fact you think I’m bitter for some reason is hilarious.

I just think the last two years or so have completely killed off the ability to compare scoring games between eras. You only have to look at how many dudes score 50 these days.

A few years back it felt ultra special. It doesn’t feel like that at all anymore.

I’ve said the same about all sorts of different scoring games in recent times but sure keep up with the chip on your shoulder BS.

Brunson’s performances in these playoffs have been impressive, I’ve never said they weren’t. Just hate the stupid stat cherry picking and comparisons that go on these days when the NBA is so wildly different offensively.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,303

Post#102 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 3:14 pm

the sea duck wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
the sea duck wrote:
are you one of those people who agrees that it's more difficult to play defense today and also somehow believes that doesn't correlate to it being easier to score today? or do you think defense and opponent's offense are completely unrelated? or do you think defense is easier to play today than in the 90s? if so, i'd love to hear that case.

i never said no type of **** like that

then what's b.s. about saying it's easier to score in this era? is it easier to play defense now? more difficult? or the same? any argument about scoring must have corresponding ideas about defense. for instance, i think it's much more difficult to play defense today than ever before (for a variety of reasons). i also believe it's easier to score today than it has been in a long time, certainly easier than in the 90s.

even if it is easier doesn’t make what he’s doing any less impressive is my point, especially since it hasn’t been done in 30 years. not even by the likes of kd, bron kobe etc
BaF
Washington Wizards
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#103 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 3:27 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:No not thrown out.

But big scoring numbers don’t hit the same as they used to.

It’s not even about the 90s being a superior era or anything like that.

Scoring has just never been easier and that’s a fact.

Something tells me you weren’t running with this narrative when Tatum was dropping 51 in the ECF last season.

There’s plenty of vhs tapes for you to indulge in to get your 90s ball fix if you wanna be the bitter old man that yells at the clouds.

I just think the last two years or so have completely killed off the ability to compare scoring games between eras. You only have to look at how many dudes score 50 these days.

A few years back it felt ultra special. It doesn’t feel like that at all anymore.

I’ve said the same about all sorts of different scoring games in recent times but sure keep up with the chip on your shoulder BS.

Brunson’s performances in these playoffs have been impressive, I’ve never said they weren’t. Just hate the stupid stat cherry picking and comparisons that go on these days when the NBA is so wildly different offensively.

You claim to be young, yet want to reminisce about bygone eras you were probably barely conscious for :lol:

How is scoring in the NBA so vastly different today than it was two years ago? If it’s so easy to score in today’s nba why hasn’t any other player done what Brunson has done since Jordan in ‘93.

I called you bitter and old because that’s exactly how you’re coming off. Which is weird energy from somebody claiming to be “young”.
R.I.P Black Mamba
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,615

Post#104 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 3:32 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

You claim to be young, yet want to reminisce about bygone eras :lol:

How is scoring in the NBA so vastly different today than it was two years ago? If it’s so easy to score in today’s nba why hasn’t any other player done what Brunson has done since Jordan in ‘93.

I called you bitter and old because that’s exactly how you’re coming off. Which is weird energy from somebody so “young”.

I’m not reminiscing about anything.

I’m just saying scoring comparisons between today’s NBA and previous eras don’t make sense anymore with how out of control the scoring has become.

It’s silly just like it’s silly all these Knicks fans continue to take shots at Hammond despite what she said not being proven wrong yet. I daresay as well if some random male NBA figure said it nobody would have even batted an eyelid.

It is a fact that even compared to just like 2-3 years ago all NBA offensive efficiencies have skyrocketed. The absurd amount of 3s, soft foul calls etc have made it easier than any point in NBA history for scorers to put up silly numbers. Theres a reason like 6 guys average 30ppg these days.

And you talk about Brunson’s point total like he’s 300 clear of the next dude. I’m sure there’s some modern guys just a few points off whatever number he has scored.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,960

Post#105 » by RHODEY » Tue May 7, 2024 3:39 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:
He's not a superstar though so she's not wrong. People talking about Brunson like he's Luka or Jokic nowadays :lol:

define what a superstar is

Someone that can take his team to the Finals without a all star

So Luka and Lebron both failed your test.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#106 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 3:40 pm

RHODEY wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:define what a superstar is

*post 2010 Lebron.

Shaq, Kobe, and Jordan also fail that test.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,222

Post#107 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 3:50 pm

We're not saying he's Michael Jordan. We're saying he's doing something nobody else has done since then regardless of era. Doesn't matter if anyone else is close. Doesn't matter if it's easier now than it was then. Brunson has the best five game stretch of scoring in the playoffs in 30 years. Period.

TS% over 60% during that stretch too.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#108 » by RHODEY » Tue May 7, 2024 3:52 pm

cgf wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

*post 2010 Lebron.

Shaq, Kobe, and Jordan also fail that test.

Yep by his criteria.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#109 » by RHODEY » Tue May 7, 2024 3:54 pm

Capn'O wrote:We're not saying he's Michael Jordan. We're saying he's doing something nobody else has done since then regardless of era. Doesn't matter if anyone else is close. Brunson has the best five game stretch of scoring in the playoffs in 30 years. Period.

TS% over 60% during that stretch too.

They have 2nd city jealousy...if he played for any other team he would get lauded here.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,743

Post#110 » by SelfishPlayer » Tue May 7, 2024 3:56 pm

Dallas got to see this man in practice and in games and deemed him not worthy of resigning. Incredible...
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#111 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 3:58 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:I’m young. The fact you think I’m bitter for some reason is hilarious.

You claim to be young, yet want to reminisce about bygone eras :lol:

I called you bitter and old because that’s exactly how you’re coming off. Which is weird energy from somebody so “young”.

I’m not reminiscing about anything.

I’m just saying scoring comparisons between today’s NBA and previous eras don’t make sense anymore with how out of control the scoring has become.

It’s silly just like it’s silly all these Knicks fans continue to take shots at Hammond despite what she said not being proven wrong yet. I daresay as well if some random male NBA figure said it nobody would have even batted an eyelid.

It is a fact that even compared to just like 2-3 years ago all NBA offensive efficiencies have skyrocketed. The absurd amount of 3s, soft foul calls etc have made it easier than any point in NBA history for scorers to put up silly numbers. Theres a reason like 6 guys average 30ppg these days.

And you talk about Brunson’s point total like he’s 300 clear of the next dude. I’m sure there’s some modern guys just a few points off whatever number he has scored.

not only did you pull the Becky card you actually pulled the “knick fans are just being sexist” card :rofl:. As if Knick fans don’t also come at male pundits who love to talk crap about our team, give me a break.

you must be from the younger generation because that’s the type of pseudo woke bullschit this generation has been running with anytime they get challenged on their opinions.

if you’re gonna complain about the way modern NBA offenses are being run the Knicks would be the absolute last team to try and make that point against. They play slow, gritty, rebound, and defend their asses off more like those 90s teams of yesteryear then any other team in the league.

This is especially hilarious coming from a Celtics fan who’s team employs 3 point trigger happy mazulla ball. That’s the crap that actually gets old nba heads yelling at clouds.

And if all those “modern guys” are putting up similar stats to the ones Brunson is during this playoff run feel free to post their numbers and actually prove a point.
R.I.P Black Mamba
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#112 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:05 pm

RHODEY wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:define what a superstar is

LeBron already took the 2007 Cavs to the Finals by himself lmao learn basketball :lol:
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,262

Post#113 » by BDM22 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:10 pm

Didn't she just say she didn't see him as a true #1 on a championship team? I still feel like that's not an insane statement (especially at the time), even if it's becoming less and less viable to bet against Jalen Brunson lol

Just weird that in the pantheon of people underestimating Brunson, Becky Hammond gets the smoke for that statement.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,222

Post#114 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 4:26 pm

BDM22 wrote:Didn't she just say she didn't see him as a true #1 on a championship team? I still feel like that's not an insane statement (especially at the time), even if it's becoming less and less viable to bet against Jalen Brunson lol

Just weird that in the pantheon of people underestimating Brunson, Becky Hammond gets the smoke for that statement.

I think it's important to give Candace Parker and Kenny Smith **** too. Remember all the haters.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#115 » by namlede » Tue May 7, 2024 4:41 pm

They need to get Mikal Bridges somehow without giving up OG or any of the Villanova boys. He would round out the team perfectly.

Dunno if it’s possible without giving up one if Hart or DiVincenzo and a bunch of firsts.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#116 » by blueNorange » Tue May 7, 2024 5:12 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:Steph Curry and LeBron James have had far better performances in the playoffs.

but we’re talking about a 5 game stretch which hasn’t been done since jordan

but you decided to get all offended by the idea of brunson being great
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,466

Re: No Doris, Jalen Brunson IS A SUPERSTAR! 

Post#117 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue May 7, 2024 9:14 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Handlez wrote:Great job, Mavs.

Oof.

Check the playoff stats-

I would have loved to see Jalen and Luka together but check this ONE stat

Shots per game -

Luka and Jalen would be at about 55-60 shots per game - these are not efficient men - they get shots UP.

Kyrie in his Yoda Mode helping a young Luka skywalker develop into a true Jedi…. Or Sith Lord -

Kyrie only scores when needed and defers to allow Luka to Slay at will…

:crazy:
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Re: No Doris, Jalen Brunson IS A SUPERSTAR! 

Post#118 » by CobraCommander » Tue May 7, 2024 9:41 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Handlez wrote:Great job, Mavs.

Oof.

Check the playoff stats-

I would have loved to see Jalen and Luka together but check this ONE stat

Shots per game -

Luka and Jalen would be at about 55-60 shots per game - these are not efficient men - they get shots UP.

Kyrie in his Yoda Mode helping a young Luka skywalker develop into a true Jedi…. Or Sith Lord -

Kyrie only scores when needed and defers to allow Luka to Slay at will…

:crazy:

Jalen is a star but he needs the ball...so does Luka....
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,455

Post#119 » by WillyJakkz » Thu May 9, 2024 7:48 pm

It's ridiculous reading some of the defensive posts or posts still doubting him.

He eliminated an MVP and Superstar in Joel Embiid and now is running the newest flavor of the NBA Tyrese Haliburton outta the gym and people still don't believe?!?

This guy Jalen Brunson is the real deal!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#120 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 7:54 pm

namlede wrote:They need to get Mikal Bridges somehow without giving up OG or any of the Villanova boys. He would round out the team perfectly.

Dunno if it’s possible without giving up one if Hart or DiVincenzo and a bunch of firsts.

That would be a nice plan B if we can't get Caruso. But hopefully Leon can pull off plan A :rock:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Board