[Woj] Frank Vogel officially one and done

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,446

Re: [Woj] Frank Vogel officially one and done 

Post#101 » by TroubleS0me » Fri May 10, 2024 12:15 am

KD & LBJ got him fired interesting.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 976

Post#102 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 am

Suns should give Ham a chance
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Run DLC
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,793

Post#103 » by Run DLC » Fri May 10, 2024 12:19 am

Phystic wrote:
Run DLC wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Who gets thrown under the bus more KD's coaches or Lebron's?

The end results are all that matters. LeBron has had more success with any head coaches than Kevin “GOAT” Durant has. Outside of Steve Kerr and GSW, Kevin “Snake” Durant only has one NBA finals appearance. It’s 2024 and people still think LeBron vs Durant is still a thing. That whole “KD is better than LeBron”, will end up higher than LeBron on the ATG list”, etc, narrative started in 2017 and died in 2019. KD is the media’s darling because of his aesthetically pleasing scoring and playing style that reminds them of MJ, Kobe, etc, that’s why they pushed hard for him to overtake LeBron and outside of those two titles against LeBron that he won, KD has always came up short when they were evenly matched. **** Durant!

You should really consider seeing a professional, you seem to have some pretty intense feelings about an athlete for no reason.

You might be right. I just love the sport too much and hate it when certain players get an easy pass when they failed while others gets crucified, all the while the media labeled them as being on the same level with different set of standards in terms of narrative, etc.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#104 » by WentzerWuver » Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 am

shrink wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
shrink wrote:I like Frank Vogel, and I view him as one of the least responsible for this mess.

However, the players had stopped listening to him, and when that happens, the coach has gotta go.
You need to stop making things up like stop listening to him unless you have proof of that. Minny hasn't lost yet in the playoffs and just beat the Nugs twice in Denver, so did their players stop listening to Malone by tossing things onto the court so he needs to go too?

Just cause players can't make open shots does NOT mean they stop listening to their coach Lol

Vogel is a highly respected coach, nothing against him.

WentzerWuver, you are quickly becoming my least favorite poster here because of your uninformed, emotional takes.

Before you call people liars for opinions you disagree with, take two seconds to search the internet. Or with your history of lazy posts, I probably need to do it for you. You can find several articles on Suns lockerroom dysfunction, but here is a link to the very famous Sham’s article that he dropped minutes after the Suns Game 4 loss.

https://theathletic.com/5456932/2024/04/29/phoenix-suns-season-end-frank-vogel-kevin-durant/
Smart as I don't have a subscription to the athletic to read the article.

However, I watched actual locker room reactions and Vogel didn't yell at the team but congratulate them, especially KD.

https://youtube.com/shorts/3Drp-vCjVcs?si=Yi2v089XbZ--Y6ue

I would hire Vogel over the whining Nurse who complains on every call that goes against the team.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,173

Post#105 » by garrick » Fri May 10, 2024 12:45 am

DusterBuster wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:
DusterBuster wrote: Ishbia is getting advice from Isiah Thomas

As a Knicks fan I genuinely feel for Suns fans if this is true. Good god.

It's honestly pretty impressive how stupid it is. Literally of ALLLLL the people. Ishbia is a billionaire, able to connect with any retired NBA personality at a moments notice to hire as an advisor... literally what, over 100 potential people in that pool to pick from, maybe more? And in the end, Isiah Thomas is who you land on. Just amazing.

It's the Michigan ties, he's also close with Mateen Cleaves....
FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 808

Post#106 » by FrobeBryant » Fri May 10, 2024 12:53 am

LaLover11 wrote:Suns should give Ham a chance

As a Lakers fan:

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,471

Post#107 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 am

TroubleS0me wrote:KD & LBJ got him fired interesting.

Actually Westbrook got Vogel fired
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,334

Re: Frank Vogel officially one and done 

Post#108 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:ScapeGOAT

Yeah, I can’t believe this team blaming their coach for their downfall. Smh . Unacceptable
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#109 » by DusterBuster » Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
Obviously you are just a big KD hater.

This is such a blatant lie and posters like this NEEDS to be banned.

Lol.

I am an unabashed KD hater tho. He’s talented but an absolutely horrible leader in a lockerroom because of his attitude (well documented, but whatever). and because of his talent and respect by other players, his teams take on his attitude (sans Warriors where Curry trumped him), which is not good.

If thinking KD is a coach killer and bad for lockerrooms is a bannable offense, feel free to report this post.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,248

Post#110 » by Calvin Klein » Fri May 10, 2024 1:15 am

Ishbia made me hate this team. I cared more about the I don’t wanna be here suns than whatever the **** this is. Wake me up when KD starts his next chapter.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,446

Post#111 » by TroubleS0me » Fri May 10, 2024 1:55 am

zimpy27 wrote:

I can see where you are coming from but when you think about LBJ brought in Westbrook so it goes back to him.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#112 » by enigmatics » Fri May 10, 2024 3:09 am

Mr Peanut wrote:Not surprising, the typical situation of an owner and GM who built an ill-fitting roster and the coach has to take the blame for not being able to do much with it. Wonder what the excuse will be next year when they are ousted early in the playoffs again.

Vogel being a horrific coach and the team being horribly constructed can exist at the same time.

....... and it sure did.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,670

Post#113 » by Phystic » Fri May 10, 2024 3:57 am

Run DLC wrote:
Phystic wrote:
Run DLC wrote:

The end results are all that matters. LeBron has had more success with any head coaches than Kevin “GOAT” Durant has. Outside of Steve Kerr and GSW, Kevin “Snake” Durant only has one NBA finals appearance. It’s 2024 and people still think LeBron vs Durant is still a thing. That whole “KD is better than LeBron”, will end up higher than LeBron on the ATG list”, etc, narrative started in 2017 and died in 2019. KD is the media’s darling because of his aesthetically pleasing scoring and playing style that reminds them of MJ, Kobe, etc, that’s why they pushed hard for him to overtake LeBron and outside of those two titles against LeBron that he won, KD has always came up short when they were evenly matched. **** Durant!

You should really consider seeing a professional, you seem to have some pretty intense feelings about an athlete for no reason.

You might be right. I just love the sport too much and hate it when certain players get an easy pass when they failed while others gets crucified, all the while the media labeled them as being on the same level with different set of standards in terms of narrative, etc.

Saying KD "gets an easy pass" is wild take. Dude is hated by so many, and gets **** on for just about every he does, doesn't do, says, doesn't say,acts, etc.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#114 » by Phystic » Fri May 10, 2024 3:58 am

TroubleS0me wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I can see where you are coming from but when you think about LBJ brought in Westbrook so it goes back to him.

That's pretty ridiculous. Curious to hear how KD got Vogel fired
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 636

Post#115 » by donkki » Fri May 10, 2024 4:17 am

Too easy to put all the blame on the coach. Don't see how things suddenly would get any better with another coach.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,483

Post#116 » by levon » Fri May 10, 2024 4:26 am

Phystic wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Same way he got every other coach of his fired?

I'm of the mind that NBA coaches aren't that great and the turnover rate is just going to be high. But let's not act like KD didn't demand his coach and GM get canned. I wish LeBron would pull that card.
Hook_Em
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#117 » by Hook_Em » Fri May 10, 2024 4:31 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:Coaching either Lebron, Giannis, or KD sounds like the worst job to take as a coach. Get zero credit for winning get all the blame for the mediocre roster

Idk $30m for one year of coaching sounds pretty great lol. The Lakers won a title in a scrimmage setting after having several weeks of rest. Vogel shouldn’t have gotten another coaching job after getting fired for a third time.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#118 » by Phystic » Fri May 10, 2024 4:36 am

levon wrote:
Phystic wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:

I'm of the mind that NBA coaches aren't that great and the turnover rate is just going to be high. But let's not act like KD didn't demand his coach and GM get canned. I wish LeBron would pull that card.

So how did he get Vogel fired? Are you insinuating that he specifically asked for Vogel to be fired?
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,483

Post#119 » by levon » Fri May 10, 2024 4:40 pm

Phystic wrote:
levon wrote:
Phystic wrote:

So how did he get Vogel fired? Are you insinuating that he specifically asked for Vogel to be fired?

Yes. It's not an outlandish claim. Every team has private exit interviews in which they gather feedback about the staff. The second the Suns got eliminated we got a story of Durant never feeling comfortable with Vogel's offense. Lesser players have asked for coaching changes, so I don't know why you have such a big problem with this.

All of these things are true, in my opinion: Vogel is a mid coach, this roster is comically flawed, and KD asked for Vogel's dismissal.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by Phystic » Fri May 10, 2024 11:16 pm

levon wrote:
Phystic wrote:
levon wrote:Same way he got every other coach of his fired?

Yes. It's not an outlandish claim. Every team has private exit interviews in which they gather feedback about the staff. The second the Suns got eliminated we got a story of Durant never feeling comfortable with Vogel's offense. Lesser players have asked for coaching changes, so I don't know why you have such a big problem with this.

All of these things are true, in my opinion: Vogel is a mid coach, this roster is comically flawed, and KD asked for Vogel's dismissal.

I don't have a big deal with it, I simply asked for an explanation of how KD got Vogel fired. Since Everyone is saying it like it's a fact instead of an opinion.

Also it wasn't Vogels offense, Kevin Young was our offensive coach which is why he was also the highest paid associate/assistant HC.

I have no issue if there is actual evidence that KD was the reason for Vogel being let go. There's just as much reasoning. That Booker asked for it. Or Beal given how he was clearly not happy last game. Or that Ishbia has to blame someone for getting swept and can't do much about the roster and blaming GM is a big move.

Players of KDs and Lebron's status, when their teams fail, it's pretty common for the coach to take the fall. You don't alienate players even if it is in fact the players fault.

People love to just blame everything on KD

Return to The General Board