Ron Artest - Still Crazy

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,922

Post#101 » by Nate505 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:18 pm

RoxFan08 wrote:That said, I think the Jazz FANS are some of the most rude, annoying, and ungracious fans in all of Basketball. And watching a lot of Rockets-Jazz games, I've seen enough games over the years to see THAT isn't changing.

I'm not sure if Houston fans are be rude, annoying, and ungracious...to figure it out would require them to show up to the arena.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#102 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The real Stephen Jackson will eventually out himself in Golden State. Jackson has always been a model citizen in his first couple years with a team and then went nuts. Happened in San Antonio, happened in Indy, and it will happen in GS once the going gets tough.

Yeah, that's why in Stephen Jackson's last year with the Spurs he was the 3rd leading scorer on the team, helped them win a championship, and was called the "Ultimate Teammate" by Tim Duncan himself.

People are just so accustomed to seeing Jackson doing bad things in Indiana that they think he'll be like that forever. As if getting traded to Golden State wasn't a breath of fresh air for him. Any Golden State Warriors fan will tell how Stephen Jackson is a changed man now. Just watch our games and see how he handles himself. He may get a few technicals, but refs are getting soft nowadays.

I still think that Ron Artest would do just as good on the Warriors.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#103 » by Tabasco » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:26 pm

KingInExile wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So you're saying double standards are fine. Why should Artest even bother to play the game if Stern and his henchman Stu Jackson have already decided that the rules apply differently to Ron? It's crap and it just continues to make the game a fraud. If you are going to paint bulleyes on certain guys backs and will let others pass for a similar style of play, all you have is just another version of WWE wrestling.

Either call the game consistently for all players and equitably on both sides of the ball, or post a disclaimer for each game stating "the following is a dramatization developed by NBA Entertainment; any resemblance to reality is coincidental".

He's lucky he's even allowed to play the game after what he did in Detroit. Of course he's going to be watched more closely.

And to the guy blaming his behavior on fans heckling him, are you serious??! Oh no, someone told him to feed his dogs. How will he ever recover?

People that only watched the youtube video and didn't actually watch the game don't understand. Artest was literally going crazy, he deserved to get kicked out. I honestly thought he was going to start pissing into the crowd or something. The video doesn't do it justice.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 133

Post#104 » by SacTown Kings » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:30 pm

Lol at this thread and how the only people complaining in a 9 page thread are a few whiney Jazz fans. You mean to tell me that Ron was beating his chest and playing physical. My god not only should he be kicked out of the game, but he needs to get kicked out of the league before other players start playing with some emotion.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 133

Post#105 » by SacTown Kings » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Tabasco wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's lucky he's even allowed to play the game after what he did in Detroit. Of course he's going to be watched more closely.

And to the guy blaming his behavior on fans heckling him, are you serious??! Oh no, someone told him to feed his dogs. How will he ever recover?

People that only watched the youtube video and didn't actually watch the game don't understand. Artest was literally going crazy, he deserved to get kicked out. I honestly thought he was going to start pissing into the crowd or something. The video doesn't do it justice.

Yeah bro he was on the verge of doing just that. :rofl:
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#106 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:35 pm

CupcakeNoFillin wrote:Man, I just finished watching the video just now. All I gotta say is that people are just over exaggerating about how he acted during that game.

I mean seriously, is the NBA so sugar coated that people are going to be shocked and exaggerate whenever they see someone playing rough and having fun? All Ron did was beat his chest and showed no intimidation from the Jazz's loud fans. That's what basketball is all about.

But damn, players getting ejected for playing like real men? Isn't basketball supposed to be a contact sport? All Ron did was give a few hard bumps on a guy who should be able to take them (Harpring), it's not like Ron intentionally punched someone or whatever. That's what I hate about Salvatore, he's a soft ref who can't handle players like Artest. They need to let the men be men out there and not like little wussy kids who can't handle guarding big guys like Ron.

Oh yeah I forgot to add that the NBA needs more showmen like Ron. Ron Artest actually gets the crowd involved in the game. What other players in the league will make you wanna scream at them so much when they go to your arena? That's all in good fun, a great experience when you go to a game because you get to boo players. As long as Ron gets people involved without PHYSICALLY touching them, then it's fine. I like players who interacts with the crowds. Get your money's worth you know?
Nate505
RealGM

Post#107 » by Nate505 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:45 pm

SacTown Kings wrote:Lol at this thread and how the only people complaining in a 9 page thread are a few whiney Jazz fans.

Are you capable of reading?

There are tons of people here complaing about Harpring and the refs and how the evil Jazz fans heckled a poor defenseless Ron Artest.
Nate505
RealGM

Post#108 » by Nate505 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:48 pm

CupcakeNoFillin wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh yeah I forgot to add that the NBA needs more showmen like Ron. Ron Artest actually gets the crowd involved in the game. What other players in the league will make you wanna scream at them so much when they go to your arena? That's all in good fun, a great experience when you go to a game because you get to boo players. As long as Ron gets people involved without PHYSICALLY touching them, then it's fine. I like players who interacts with the crowds. Get your money's worth you know?

I agree. I like the fact he gets the crowd to hate him. I like that sort of atmosphere at a game. I hope the same sort of atmosphere is the same when the Jazz go to Sacramento next. There is nothing wrong with a hostile playoff type atmosphere at a game. There is nothing wrong with teams that have players who don't like each other. Provided of course the actions don't result in violence.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#109 » by Tabasco » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:59 pm

SacTown Kings wrote:Lol at this thread and how the only people complaining in a 9 page thread are a few whiney Jazz fans. You mean to tell me that Ron was beating his chest and playing physical. My god not only should he be kicked out of the game, but he needs to get kicked out of the league before other players start playing with some emotion.

OMG are you serious? Half this thread is Sac fans (or Rocket fans, i don't know why they're even saying anything) complaining about Harpring being dirty or Jazz fans being mean and hurting their feelings.

I personally thought Artest was hilarious. And I would like to thank him for lighting a fire under the Jazz who then proceeded to kick your team's ass. Thanks Ron Ron :D
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#110 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Nate505 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree. I like the fact he gets the crowd to hate him. I like that sort of atmosphere at a game. I hope the same sort of atmosphere is the same when the Jazz go to Sacramento next. There is nothing wrong with a hostile playoff type atmosphere at a game. There is nothing wrong with teams that have players who don't like each other. Provided of course the actions don't result in violence.

Yeah exactly. I was imagining that it was probably fun for the Jazz fans at the game that got to boo Artest. It makes the game more "action packed" or whatever.

That's why the NBA was so great in past decades, because of rivalries. Everyone in New York loved to boo Reggie Miller, the Bad Boy Pistons loved to play against Michael Jordan, Magic vs. Bird, Bird vs. Dominique, Jordan vs. Ewing, etc. etc. etc.

All the rivalries (if there is any) in the NBA right now are all sugar coated and watered down, that's why I said the NBA should have more guys like Artest who makes people get a sense of excitement at games whenever he goes to their arena to play against their team. It makes the game feel more competitive.

But oh well. I know I sound like i'm whining a lot about the current state of the NBA, but I still love watching this league.
dalekjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 2
Location: Karl Malone Quote: "Anybody not wearing a Utah Jazz jersey is the enemy."

Post#111 » by dalekjazz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Jerry Sloan in his prime would have kicked Artest's ass.
Philly Fresh
Senior

Post#112 » by Philly Fresh » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm

How can you hate Artest? Everything makes me like him more and more as a player, he brings his own attitude and style into this "family-friendly" NBA.

The guys with the "bad reps", Rasheed, Stephen Jackson and Artest are the most emotional players in the league, and bring excitement into every game.
dalekjazz
Sixth Man
Location: Karl Malone Quote: "Anybody not wearing a Utah Jazz jersey is the enemy."

Post#113 » by dalekjazz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm

For everyone who thinks the Jazz are soft, a couple of years ago the Jazz held the Kings with Artest without a field goal for the entire fourth quarter.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#114 » by RoxFan08 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:12 pm

dalekjazz wrote:For everyone who thinks the Jazz are soft, a couple of years ago the Jazz held the Kings with Artest without a field goal for the entire fourth quarter.

They're not soft, but they don't play good defense. Sloan tells his players to foul, so they do. The Jazz give up fewer "field goals" but send the opposition to the line a lot more times than most teams. I would imagine their "fouls called against" is significantly higher than their "fouls called for" this season.

Its a different way to play basketball. Sometimes it works, and other times you are probably better off just letting the other team get the shot off.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,453

Post#115 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:13 pm

dalekjazz wrote:For everyone who thinks the Jazz are soft, a couple of years ago the Jazz held the Kings with Artest without a field goal for the entire fourth quarter.

Oh, that dreaded 0-19 (or 20) FG 4th quarter... I remember that game. It wasnt really the Jazz's defense that held the Kings to no FG. It was really Kings being like trash and brick every shot...If you live by the jumpshot, you live by the jumpshot. Clearly, we die by the jumpshot... But this isnt really revelent to the discussion...
Relientk101
Analyst

Post#116 » by Relientk101 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:17 pm

I love ron artest.
thats some good clean fun right there.
actually makes the game interesting.
dalekjazz
Sixth Man

Post#117 » by dalekjazz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:20 pm

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh, that dreaded 0-19 (or 20) FG 4th quarter... I remember that game. It wasnt really the Jazz's defense that held the Kings to no FG. It was really Kings being like trash and brick every shot...If you live by the jumpshot, you live by the jumpshot. Clearly, we die by the jumpshot... But this isnt really revelent to the discussion...

I still remember the majestic stuff on Artest by Kirilenko.
Abyss Impact
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#118 » by Abyss Impact » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Lol Artest is ownage. I hope he comes to the Warriors next season lol.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,453

Post#119 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:24 pm

dalekjazz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I still remember the majestic stuff on Artest by Kirilenko.

Eh, sure. I remember that Artest POSTERIZED AK47... :)
dalekjazz
Sixth Man

Post#120 » by dalekjazz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:26 pm

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Eh, sure. I remember that Artest POSTERIZED AK47... :)

I imagine that would be pretty hard to do if your team doesn't score a field goal for a whole quarter.

Return to The General Board