2nd Round: Detroit vs. Orlando - Series DET leads (1-0)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins this 2nd round series?

Detroit in 4
9%
Detroit in 5
19%
Detroit in 6
27%
Detroit in 7
7%
Orlando in 4
3%
Orlando in 5
1%
Orlando in 6
24%
Orlando in 7
11%

Total votes: 127

Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#1041 » by Dtown84 » Tue May 6, 2008 4:44 am

mattyBoi wrote:Pistons last field goal comes at 5 minutes left in the 4th...Rest of their 13 point come from FT's

You make it sound like the magic weren't intentionally fouling. :-?
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#1042 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue May 6, 2008 4:48 am

Dtown84 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Intentionally fouling with 5 minutes left?
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
noypi_magicz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1043 » by noypi_magicz » Tue May 6, 2008 4:50 am

if you can call chauncy spiraling out of control and rip tripping on his own feet then yes we are intentionally fouling with 5 mins to go
Dtown84
Sixth Man

Post#1044 » by Dtown84 » Tue May 6, 2008 4:51 am

MagicNolesFSU wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Intentionally fouling with 5 minutes left?

No but neither team was lighting up the scoreboard, and both teams were in the penalty. The final free throw count was 28-23 intentional fouls included. Lot to be mad about if you're a magic fan, free throws not so much.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#1045 » by AgEnT50 » Tue May 6, 2008 4:53 am

noypi_magicz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

if you can call chauncy spiraling out of control and rip tripping on his own feet then yes we are intentionally fouling with 5 mins to go

:rofl: sounds about right to me
Dtown84
Sixth Man

Post#1046 » by Dtown84 » Tue May 6, 2008 4:54 am

noypi_magicz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Chauncey got hacked and got knocked off balance, nothing to bitch about their. Even if Rip doesn't get the call, you guys would have been down 4 with 12 secs left. Again free throws weren't worth complaining about.
noypi_magicz
Ballboy

Post#1047 » by noypi_magicz » Tue May 6, 2008 4:55 am

No but neither team was lighting up the scoreboard, and both teams were in the penalty. The final free throw count was 28-23 intentional fouls included. Lot to be mad about if you're a magic fan, free throws not so much.

we are not mad about the fts, we are mad because we would not have fouled so much late in the game. we would not have given them fts if we were up or tied late
Dtown84
Sixth Man

Post#1048 » by Dtown84 » Tue May 6, 2008 4:59 am

I'm guessing you didn't read mattyboi's post, he seemed pretty mad about it. :lol:
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#1049 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue May 6, 2008 5:02 am

**** cheated out of a win. Un **** believable. I just picked up and eighth of fire ass dro and rolled the whole damn sack into a huge dutchmaster. Im going to go get stupid now. **** the NBA.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#1050 » by zeebneeb » Tue May 6, 2008 5:02 am

Holy crap is this getting old. It happened at the end of the third people. If it had happened at the end of the game, go nuts buddy.

Fact is, Orlando had a million chances to win this bastard outright, and they screwed it up horribly.

Did that play get screwed up? Yeah, but whos to say the Pistons wouldnt have scored anyway? Replay the 5.1, and they still hit a three, or hit a two, e.t.c.

Orlando lost becuase of thier crappy-ass defense. They hit 7 STRAIGHT THREE-BALLS and only led by ONE after all that hot shooting. You know why? Becuase Detroit scored on almost every possesion after a made three.

Orlando lost becuase Turkeypooh launched some dumbass shot 30feet from the basket after a timeout.

Orlando lost becuase Dooling is an idiot.

Orlando lost becuase Rashard missed some wide open shots when it counted.

Orlando lost becuase they turned the ball over 19 damn times.

Orlando lost becuase Detroit players got in thier heads.

Orlando lost becuase Howard isnt a threat off the pick and roll becuase he cant hit anything outside of 5 feet, and Orlando still runs the pick and roll with him instead of Rashard, and Hedo, or anyone else.

Orlando lost becuase Detroit is a better team.

If you think Orlando lost becuase of ONE SHOT AT THE END OF THE THIRD, Fine by me. I know why the lost, and lets hope your coach does as well, and doesnt dwell on this, or Orlando is doomed.
Grey
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#1051 » by Grey » Tue May 6, 2008 5:02 am

I won't argue that the decision didn't hurt the Magic, because it clearly did. But everybody seems to be arguing that the play should have restarted and the Pistons should have been stripped of 3 points that they might have legally scored. Why would that decision be any more fair?

Something else to consider: TNT has the benefit of video replay and can start their clock exactly when Billups touches the ball. They determined that the shot was .12 seconds late. Timekeepers don't have that advantage.

From Henry Abbott's ESPN Blog, posted after the timekeeping error in Atlanta last month:
I have talked to two people who run the kind of timekeeping equipment that was used in that game. They both say that, as a rule of thumb, it is reasonable to expect about a 0.3 second lag between when you decide to push the button, and when you actually get the button pressed.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-3 ... -Game.html

Considering that factor, a properly controlled clock might've actually allowed 5.4 seconds for the play.

But if you still think that we're just trying to spin this our favor, fine. Orlando got screwed.
noypi_magicz
Ballboy

Post#1052 » by noypi_magicz » Tue May 6, 2008 5:06 am

Dtown84 wrote:I'm guessing you didn't read mattyboi's post, he seemed pretty mad about it. :lol:

i couldnt really speak for him but but i guess we are mad about the same thing. we didnt like that we have sorted to fouls(questionable at that) during the late critical stages when we could have just played some sort of defense as the pistons have gone cold(except for the fts).

and if we were the ones up late in the quarter, we would be the ones paraded to the free throw line insted of detroit
noypi_magicz
Ballboy

Post#1053 » by noypi_magicz » Tue May 6, 2008 5:10 am

zeebneeb wrote:Holy crap is this getting old. It happened at the end of the third people. If it had happened at the end of the game, go nuts buddy.

Fact is, Orlando had a million chances to win this bastard outright, and they screwed it up horribly.

Did that play get screwed up? Yeah, but whos to say the Pistons wouldnt have scored anyway? Replay the 5.1, and they still hit a three, or hit a two, e.t.c.

Orlando lost becuase of thier crappy-ass defense. They hit 7 STRAIGHT THREE-BALLS and only led by ONE after all that hot shooting. You know why? Becuase Detroit scored on almost every possesion after a made three.

Orlando lost becuase Turkeypooh launched some dumbass shot 30feet from the basket after a timeout.

Orlando lost becuase Howard isnt a threat off the pick and roll becuase he cant hit anything outside of 5 feet, and Orlando still runs the pick and roll with him instead of Rashard, and Hedo, or anyone else.

If you think Orlando lost becuase of ONE SHOT AT THE END OF THE THIRD, Fine by me. I know why the lost, and lets hope your coach does as well, and doesnt dwell on this, or Orlando is doomed.

and detroit won by torid free throw shooting late of the 4th.

anywayz, we now know we have a chance at beating you guyz so we'll see you at orlando. and hoping that our shooting slump doesnt come back
noypi_magicz
Ballboy

Post#1054 » by noypi_magicz » Tue May 6, 2008 5:14 am

Grey wrote:I won't argue that the decision didn't hurt the Magic, because it clearly did. But everybody seems to be arguing that the play should have restarted and the Pistons should have been stripped of 3 points that they [b]might have legally scored[/b]. Why would that decision be any more fair?

and that was the problem ryt there, it was anything but legal. would it be just bad to review it a tad longer and make the right call?
y 2 a B
Banned User

Post#1055 » by y 2 a B » Tue May 6, 2008 5:38 am

zeebneeb wrote:Holy crap is this getting old. It happened at the end of the third people. If it had happened at the end of the game, go nuts buddy.

Holy crap, learn to spell.

Orlando lost becuase you're a horrific speller.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#1056 » by zeebneeb » Tue May 6, 2008 5:42 am

y 2 a B wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont have time to spell right. I'm to busy making Orlando fans pull thier hair out over a minor play, that in no way would have upset Piston fans.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#1057 » by Next Coming » Tue May 6, 2008 5:45 am

y 2 a B wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There you go. Sure showed him.
y 2 a B
Banned User

Post#1058 » by y 2 a B » Tue May 6, 2008 5:46 am

zeebneeb wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont have time to spell right. I'm to busy making Orlando fans pull thier hair out over a minor play, that in no way would have upset Piston fans.

:laugh:

Anyway, it wasn't a minor play, it was actually a pretty big play. The shot ended up deciding the game, even though you will claim that we blew our chances to take the lead, which we did.

Still though, as a Magic fan you have to be upset, which we are, but the outcome would have surely been different had the shot been correctly negated.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,124

Post#1059 » by SOUL » Tue May 6, 2008 5:47 am

Im 100% sure Detroit fans would be reacting the same way. I dont think all of the Magic fans are saying it was because they lost, but it played a big factor
Dtown84
Sixth Man

Post#1060 » by Dtown84 » Tue May 6, 2008 5:52 am

hmm if it happened to Detroit....

I'd be more pissed at Sheed rushing the shot. (cause if it's an ill conceived three, it's probably Sheed)

Then I'd scream out a ton of words not appropriate for children when Sheed, Maxiell and Prince couldn't put it in from three feet away, and then Prince tried to force contact and lost the ball...

Then I'd probably injure myself somehow, so I guess we're equal there...But nah I wouldn't blame any game on something that happened in the third quarter unless it was an injury, or ejection or something.

Return to The General Board