Redraft 2022 - who are the top 10?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who should have gone #1?

Chet
49%
Paolo
41%
Jalen W
7%
Sharpe
1%
Keegan
1%
Sochan
2%
Other
1%

Total votes: 152

DrModesty
Senior
And1: 530

Re: Redraft 2022 - who are the top 10? 

Post#121 » by DrModesty » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:20 am

sfernald wrote:
DrModesty wrote:Jalen Williams stats

2022/23

Oct/Nov - 10.7/3.2/2.6
December - 12.3/4.2/2.7
January - 13.6/4.5/3.1
February - 14.9/4.5/3.1
Mar/April - 18.7/5.5/4.3

2023/24

Oct/Nov - 17.3/4.1/3.8
December - 18.8/3.7/4.2
January - 19.9/4.3/5.4
February so far (4 games) - 25/4.5/6

It is just a constant and steady improvement. The only time he has taken any step back at all is from the final month of last year to the first month of this year. And that can be put down to facing a lot of tanking, g league squads at the end of last year, and incorporating Chet at the start of this year.

I am at the point now where I'd be disappointed if he turned in to Jalen Brown.

Did you see the game today? He looked like the best player out there even with SGA, Chet, Paulo and Franz playing.

You bet I did :-D
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,881

Post#122 » by One_and_Done » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:45 am

Jaylen Brown is really freaking good, despite his limitations. You're holding Jalen to an unrealistic standard.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,591

Post#123 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:41 am

Read on Twitter
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,068

Post#124 » by OrlMagic05 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:59 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jalen is a very good player!!! BUTTTT after watching last nights game you can tell which player can get a bucket even while getting double and triple teamed. Not one double was seen on Jalen last night, not one double was seen on Chet. Paolo was getting double the moment he crossed the three point line OKC would bring 1 or 2 extra defenders on Paolo and he still ended up with a very good game. The Magic desperately need to surround him with shooters asap. I was so hopeful for Fultz, but he is a complete liability on the court and clogs everything for Paolo.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,591

Post#125 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:25 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jalen is a very good player!!! BUTTTT after watching last nights game you can tell which player can get a bucket even while getting double and triple teamed. Not one double was seen on Jalen last night, not one double was seen on Chet. Paolo was getting double the moment he crossed the three point line OKC would bring 1 or 2 extra defenders on Paolo and he still ended up with a very good game. The Magic desperately need to surround him with shooters asap. I was so hopeful for Fultz, but he is a complete liability on the court and clogs everything for Paolo.

Yeah it's a game plan that works, that's why OKC uses it. Orlando is free to double team anyone they want. It just won't go well.

There are very few holes in Jalen's game. I think he will be the better player long term. Just the gap on defense is massive. And shooting the ball.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,068

Post#126 » by OrlMagic05 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:34 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah it's a game plan that works, that's why OKC uses it. Orlando is free to double team anyone they want. It just won't go well.

There are very few holes in Jalen's game. I think he will be the better player long term. Just the gap on defense is massive. And shooting the ball.

My point is Paolo gets a lot of hate due to his efficiency, but as you saw last night he gets double and tripled team almost every time he touches the ball. Jalen and Chet have Shai and shooters which make them game easier for them. Put Jalen or Chet on the Magic and they would not be the player Paolo is right now.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,383

Post#127 » by Chuck Everett » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:43 pm

Jalen Williams is so good, some draft gurus want to take his younger brother #1 overall, like he's a clone or some ****.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
FrightCoward
Sophomore
And1: 228

Post#128 » by FrightCoward » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:29 pm

Crazy thing with Williams is that he shot under 40% his sophomore season in college. He’s literally become the player he is today in just the last three years, which is a credit to his work ethic. That said, Banchero was terrific last night as well, definitely Orlando’s best player. Franz is way too inconsistent for anyone to really think he’s Orlando’s best player.
ValvPiti
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#129 » by ValvPiti » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:15 pm

One_and_Done wrote:Jaylen Brown is really freaking good, despite his limitations. You're holding Jalen to an unrealistic standard.

Jalen Williams is ALREADY better than Jaylen Brown IMO.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#130 » by One_and_Done » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:43 pm

ValvPiti wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Jaylen Brown is really freaking good, despite his limitations. You're holding Jalen to an unrealistic standard.

You say he's best in this class? Cool.

You say he's better than a guy who has a 27-7-3 season, 58 TS%, hits 3s at high volume, and is a great defensive player? Slow down there. Jaylen is a perennial all-star, and all-nba 2nd teamer, and was best player on the Celtics in their finals loss to the Warriors.

I like Jalen, I've said he's been more impactful than Chet on other threads, but "better than Jaylen Brown already" he is not.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,158

Post#131 » by slick_watts » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:52 pm

jalen williams does most of his best damage when he's on the court without shai and gets more defensive attention. when he's on the court with the other starters, his usage and shot attempts are lower than both giddey and chet. jonathan isaac was defending him multiple possession in the fourth quarter and with or without a screen, williams was getting past him without much trouble.

no, he probably doesn't see the attention that paolo gets routinely, but he has already proven himself to be a terrific difficult shot maker. he makes a lot of 2pt shots in traffic, the ones you saw in the orlando game are regular occurrences. i think that skill could carry him to lofty heights if given the opportunities.
ValvPiti
Freshman

Post#132 » by ValvPiti » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:03 pm

One_and_Done wrote:
ValvPiti wrote:

You say he's best in this class? Cool.

You say he's better than a guy who has a 27-7-3 season, 58 TS%, hits 3s at high volume, and is a great defensive player? Slow down there. Jaylen is a perennial all-star, and all-nba 2nd teamer, and was best player on the Celtics in their finals loss to the Warriors.

I like Jalen, I've said he's been more impactful than Chet on other threads, but "better than Jaylen Brown already" he is not.

But Jaylen Brown is not a All-NBA 2nd teamer this year. As a matter of fact, I'd say he's pretty god damn far from it. Dno what Jaylen Brown does better than Williams in all honesty. Williams is usually dominating when Shai is not on the court - he drives better, shoots better and has better vision than Brown in his 2nd year.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#133 » by One_and_Done » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:26 pm

Jaylen Brown has gotten underrated because of what he can't do. You complain that Jaylen isn't a 2nd teamer this year in your opinion. Maybe, maybe not. You know who wasn't even sniffing an all-star spot this year? Jalen Williams.
ValvPiti
Freshman

Post#134 » by ValvPiti » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:32 pm

Jaylen Brown is maybe, maybe not a 2nd team all-NBA? Gimme a break, he's not even close to the 3rd team.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Post#135 » by DCasey91 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:48 pm

FrightCoward wrote:Crazy thing with Williams is that he shot under 40% his sophomore season in college. He’s literally become the player he is today in just the last three years, which is a credit to his work ethic. That said, Banchero was terrific last night as well, definitely Orlando’s best player. Franz is way too inconsistent for anyone to really think he’s Orlando’s best player.

You serious? Franz has scored under 10 points on 2 games this year. If anything he’s ultra consistent.

He had a bad game thats happens to everyone.

Paolo Banchero wasn’t terrific had zero impact on the game and got garbage time buckets and stats

He had 13/8 late in the third yet was not a offensive presence imo.
FrightCoward
Sophomore
And1: 228

Post#136 » by FrightCoward » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:53 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
FrightCoward wrote:Crazy thing with Williams is that he shot under 40% his sophomore season in college. He’s literally become the player he is today in just the last three years, which is a credit to his work ethic. That said, Banchero was terrific last night as well, definitely Orlando’s best player. Franz is way too inconsistent for anyone to really think he’s Orlando’s best player.

You serious? Franz has scored under 10 points on 2 games this year. If anything he’s ultra consistent.

Paolo Banchero wasn’t terrific had zero impact on the game and got garbage time buckets and stats

He had 13/8 late in the third yet was not an offensive presence imo.

The 8 assists is the key part you’re missing here. He was doubled almost all night and made the right read and play regularly. People hate on him when he’s not efficient, then he is efficient and makes the smart plays and he still gets hated on, lol. Orlando’s bench was trash last night and is the reason the game got away. It was an 8 point game early into the fourth and before he came back in it was already out of hand.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Post#137 » by DCasey91 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:02 pm

FrightCoward wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

He had 13/8 late in the third yet was not an offensive presence imo.

The 8 assists is the key part you’re missing here. He was doubled almost all night and made the right read and play regularly. People hate on him when he’s not efficient, then he is efficient and makes the smart plays and he still gets hated on, lol. Orlando’s bench was trash last night and is the reason the game got away. It was an 8 point game early into the fourth and before he came back in it was already out of hand.

Let’s be honest the game was over early in the 4th.

And I stated earlier in another thread the team would look better with more offensive orientated guard play but the dynamic defensively will change because both Magic and OKC are pickpockets but there should be enough with Suggs/Isaac.

I agree about the playmaking part but his own game was slow and anaemic. Too much having the ball in hand. He was getting doubled but right now he isn’t some incredible playmaker/shooter or shot creator.

You can’t tell me he had no impact up until the 3rd. Because he didn’t have any at no point did he imprint himself on the game on that end.

You can watch the game again if you like.

So essentially you get the guard play or keep having this issue long term.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#138 » by One_and_Done » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:36 am

ValvPiti wrote:Jaylen Brown is maybe, maybe not a 2nd team all-NBA? Gimme a break, he's not even close to the 3rd team.

He'll likely make an all-nba team. Wiliams isn't even in discussion as a mere all-star.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,342

Post#139 » by sfernald » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:40 am

OrlMagic05 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I always thought you needed to give Paulo the Lebron treatment and run the whole offense through him and surround him with three point shooters. I never really understood wat the Magic were doing. But I just honestly haven’t been able to watch enough games to even get a sense of things. I thought he would be 25/5:5 in 3 years but maybe with these inflated stats that’s 30/7:7 he needs before his team starts dominating.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 410

Post#140 » by Mad Guru » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:05 am

Paolo just scored 36 on 75% shooting

Return to The General Board