Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. Police investigating. Suspended 4 games! [update]

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,978

Re: Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. 

Post#121 » by Swish1906 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:57 am

NYPiston wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:Another player who just needs to go away…

Draymond
Bev
Westbrick

I wouldn't lump Westbrook in with those two.

Westbrick is going full Draymond in the Mavs series
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,344

Post#122 » by SerialChiller » Fri May 3, 2024 4:57 am

azcatz11 wrote:I’m all for players being able to retaliate but given this interview post game I find it hard to believe something racial was said. He’s an attention whore and would try to promote it on his stupid pod.

Also, if I was that woman I’d be filing the suit as I speak. That’s an easy six figure payday

Read on Twitter
?s=46

What a jacka** clown wow!
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,951

Post#123 » by Rainwater » Fri May 3, 2024 5:02 am

Swish1906 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion but I want to know what happened to make Beverly act this way. Yes, players shouldn’t be throwing things at fans and Pat should be suspended; however, things like this don’t happen out of no where.

People were annoyed by things said by a fan during the live broadcast but that is mild compared to what most fans say and do. These players get verbally assaulted (and sometimes physically assaulted) during games and I feel like many fans expect them to just take it because it’s their job and they get paid millions. But if I was cursed at, death was wished upon a family member, or racial slurs thrown (things players say fans have said and done) I could understand players breaking once in a while because they are still humans.

Probably the big dude said something because Bev targeted him with his 2nd attempt.

Doesn’t change the fact that you don’t throw a ball into the stands, specifically when you are such a crappy career shooter like Bev. That’s why he hit the girl instead, classic Bev brick.

Again, let security handle it

Yeah, agree I just want know what caused this whole mess.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,228

Post#124 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 5:04 am

SerialChiller wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I’m all for players being able to retaliate but given this interview post game I find it hard to believe something racial was said. He’s an attention whore and would try to promote it on his stupid pod.

Also, if I was that woman I’d be filing the suit as I speak. That’s an easy six figure payday

Read on Twitter
?s=46

The chick he accidentally hit was laughing about it. She'll surely sue. :lol:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,335

Post#125 » by Johnny Bball » Fri May 3, 2024 5:08 am

Lol, he's getting fined the max and getting suspended for quite a long time. That's why there's a rule that you can't throw anything at all into the stands. Dumbass.

I will never understand why some people like the guy, as just a player or otherwise.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,779

Post#126 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 5:08 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

The chick he accidentally hit was laughing about it. She'll surely sue. :lol:

I don't mean this in a bad way, but....have you seen America?
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,335

Post#127 » by Johnny Bball » Fri May 3, 2024 5:16 am

Wait... does anyone actually think he was aiming at the woman's head? Beverly never was that accurate a passer.
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,394

Post#128 » by Jellybeans » Fri May 3, 2024 5:16 am

Insert monkey in the brains meme :lol:
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,394

Post#129 » by Jellybeans » Fri May 3, 2024 5:17 am

Johnny Bball wrote:Wait... does anyone actually think he was aiming at the woman's head? Beverly never was that accurate a passer.

DAMN :lol:
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,098

Post#130 » by AussieCeltic » Fri May 3, 2024 5:31 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,201

Post#131 » by HMFFL » Fri May 3, 2024 5:48 am

Players are getting involved with fans for all the wrong resosns. Arenas may one day have nets up like at MLB parks. Not for balls but so the negative interactions stop between fans and players.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 242

Post#132 » by JT3000 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:52 am

LaLover11 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

All you haters don't forget to subscribe to his podcast 8-)

Hop off this lunatic's jock, please. This is embarrassing fangirl behavior.

And if I were that woman, I'd sue his ass off. She wasn't even looking in his direction, much less talking trash. He's such a bad passer that he had to give it a second go because he missed his intended target the first time. So for anyone still wondering what she said to him, the answer is nothing.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,391

Post#133 » by G R E Y » Fri May 3, 2024 5:56 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

POS is POSing his way out of the league.

Pours gas on himself and then lights the fire in front of an audience.

Poof.

Bye, loser.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
blackcosmos
Junior
And1: 429

Post#134 » by blackcosmos » Fri May 3, 2024 5:56 am

From the clip I saw, the girl wasn’t even talking to Pat Bev. The guy is just a sore loser
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,989

Post#135 » by Diop » Fri May 3, 2024 6:01 am

Rainwater wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion but I want to know what happened to make Beverly act this way. Yes, players shouldn’t be throwing things at fans and Pat should be suspended; however, things like this don’t happen out of no where.

People were annoyed by things said by a fan during the live broadcast but that is mild compared to what most fans say and do. These players get verbally assaulted (and sometimes physically assaulted) during games and I feel like many fans expect them to just take it because it’s their job and they get paid millions. But if I was cursed at, death was wished upon a family member, or racial slurs thrown (things players say fans have said and done) I could understand players breaking once in a while because they are still humans.

Probably the big dude said something because Bev targeted him with his 2nd attempt.

Doesn’t change the fact that you don’t throw a ball into the stands, specifically when you are such a crappy career shooter like Bev. That’s why he hit the girl instead, classic Bev brick.

Again, let security handle it

Yeah, agree I just want know what caused this whole mess.

i thought the 2nd throw was right back at the guy who lobbed it back, that just set off the big dude as his missus was right next to that guy.

i'm sure the comments were along the lines of "you suck, you're not good enough, go back to milwaukee, you got beat like a bitch" all that crap.
i'm sure they heard it constantly for a while there, but you still can't snap like that.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,276

Post#136 » by heezyo2o » Fri May 3, 2024 6:06 am

I can't even get a shirt thrown at me during games and these guys get to play catch with players
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 12,053

Post#137 » by Nate505 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:09 am

So, for those in the "golly gee, someone most have said something to set him off" camp, do you believe both the lady and the guy said something to him? Because he chucked the ball at both of them.

The first one was such a cheap shot I'm legitimately stunned someone is trying to defend it.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,402

Post#138 » by Ckay » Fri May 3, 2024 6:12 am

Did he claim racism?
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,276

Post#139 » by heezyo2o » Fri May 3, 2024 6:15 am

I used to not like Pat Bev like everyone else. Not saying I'm a huge fan now, but he's alright. When he's on your team, he puts effort, sticks up for his guys, talks trash and has fun. And with his podcast, like a lot of player's pods, they get more likable when you can hear them talk and their personality off the court comes out
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,277

Post#140 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 6:28 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
You’ve been here less than a year and already my least favourite poster

Doubt hes older than 15 and altho he trully believed stupid stuff he said earlier, dude is just trolling now. I have noticed his interesting stances in Haliburton that N word thread, some even more stupid stuff said and +oned there, some posters like going against the world no matter how twisted the argument will get, I think its partial definition of trolling and mods maybe should look into it? Anyhow, I believe this forum had age restriction, and the poster feels a bit too young to be here.

Return to The General Board