Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,294

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#121 » by tribulations » Tue May 14, 2024 7:26 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
naabzor wrote:Did not know dominating now meant being second!

:lol:

LeBron logic if I ever did see it
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#122 » by docholliday99 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:54 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:A lot of hype for Boobie Gibson-esque player

Man, totalllly forgot about that guy.

I did too until my wife "made me" watch an episode of Judge Steve Harvey a couple months ago, and there he was lol He's a funny dude.
docholliday99
Sixth Man

Post#123 » by docholliday99 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:54 pm

Zukkoyaki wrote:Kid is going to be the league's first legitimate nepo baby.

I give that honor to Austin Rivers.
MambaVenom24
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#124 » by MambaVenom24 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:00 pm

Prince187 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=LvcGqyVJ8gvMOqahRQSDVw

Look at that lightning quick release.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=LvcGqyVJ8gvMOqahRQSDVw

I've looked several times, please tell me where to look
FrodoBaggins
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,270

Post#125 » by FrodoBaggins » Tue May 14, 2024 8:06 pm

Here's the box score from the combine scrimmage Bronny took part in:

Read on Twitter
/history

Not much to take away from it. We all know Bronny is a strong athlete with good size for the PG position. But does he have the skillset , basketball IQ, and decision-making to transfer his physical gifts to the game?
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,456

Post#126 » by PushDaRock » Tue May 14, 2024 8:10 pm

docholliday99 wrote:

Rivers was the number 1 ranked HS player in the country
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,058

Post#127 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:13 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

That's why it didn't work out

Too much hype
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,853

Post#128 » by Prince187 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

nikster wrote:I don't know how he will end up as an NBA player but i do think people really overlooked his heart condition when considering his college season.

He probably avoided all significant physical activity for some time after the incident and likely only slowly ramped up.

They’re still overlooking his heart condition. He suffered a cardiac arrest which is significantly worse than a heart attack. Plenty of people have heart attacks and survive without even going to the hospital. With cardiac arrest your heart literally stops and you die very soon without immediate medical intervention.

For that sort of thing to happen at such a young age means you have serious heart issues. He needs to quit basketball completely and do something else in life. He wasn’t that good even before his cardiac arrest. He averaged 13 ppg his senior year on a team without any high ranked prospects

The fact that he can finish 2nd place at that shooting drill means he’s obviously putting in the work. It doesn’t translate on the court because he lacks the god given talent of his dad. He’s maxed out his natural abilities. He’s had the best coaches, trainers, nutritionist, etc that money can buy his entire life and this is the end result.

I actually feel sorry for him. I doubt he even likes basketball that much. His dad doesn’t let him do interviews because he doesn’t want people to know the truth. Bronny is just being used to build up his dad’s legacy.

Even if he does make it to the NBA and through some miracle doesn’t have any more health complications it’s going to be hell for him. Not only will he struggle immensely on the court but some of his teammates will resent him, opposing players will trash talk the **** out of him, and the fans will heckle him relentlessly
docholliday99
Sixth Man

Post#129 » by docholliday99 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:43 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

Lots of hype and he did have skills but he had that ego; not sure how he was drafted so high (other than suggestions that Doc was pushing behind the scenes), as he was wildly inefficient, played out of control, couldn't play-make well and couldn't play a lick of defense. In the NBA, if it wasn't for Doc signing him in LA, he would have washed out quicker than he did. Instead he just bounced to 5 other teams in 5 years before washing out - 7 if you count the Suns and OKC waiving him.

Bronny may have skills, I don't know if it's NBA skills, we'll see.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,456

Post#130 » by PushDaRock » Tue May 14, 2024 8:55 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

Lots of hype and he did have skills but he had that ego; not sure how he was drafted so high (other than suggestions that Doc was pushing behind the scenes), as he was wildly inefficient, played out of control, couldn't play-make well and couldn't play a lick of defense. In the NBA, if it wasn't for Doc signing him in LA, he would have washed out quicker than he did. Instead he just bounced to 5 other teams in 5 years before washing out - 7 if you count the Suns and OKC waiving him.

Going from the number 1 ranked player to being drafted 10th isn't that much of a stretch. He wasn't great at Duke, but he wasn't bad either. 15 ppg as a freshman is solid even if he showed more deficiencies than you would have liked from who was considered an elite prospect.

He survived 10 years in the league, that's way above average. The Doc saving his career narrative isn't that accurate in my opinion. He wasn't just force fed minutes once he got there, it was his third and fourth year with the Clippers that he got more burn and he was producing well to get those minutes, he shot over 37% from 3 those 2 seasons.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,975

Post#131 » by nikster » Tue May 14, 2024 9:00 pm

Prince187 wrote:
nikster wrote:I don't know how he will end up as an NBA player but i do think people really overlooked his heart condition when considering his college season.

He probably avoided all significant physical activity for some time after the incident and likely only slowly ramped up.

They’re still overlooking his heart condition. He suffered a cardiac arrest which is significantly worse than a heart attack. Plenty of people have heart attacks and survive without even going to the hospital. With cardiac arrest your heart literally stops and you die very soon without immediate medical intervention.

For that sort of thing to happen at such a young age means you have serious heart issues. He needs to quit basketball completely and do something else in life. He wasn’t that good even before his cardiac arrest. He averaged 13 ppg his senior year on a team without any high ranked prospects

The fact that he can finish 2nd place at that shooting drill means he’s obviously putting in the work. It doesn’t translate on the court because he lacks the god given talent of his dad. He’s maxed out his natural abilities. He’s had the best coaches, trainers, nutritionist, etc that money can buy his entire life and this is the end result.

I actually feel sorry for him. I doubt he even likes basketball that much. His dad doesn’t let him do interviews because he doesn’t want people to know the truth. Bronny is just being used to build up his dad’s legacy.

Even if he does make it to the NBA and through some miracle doesn’t have any more health complications it’s going to be hell for him. Not only will he struggle immensely on the court but some of his teammates will resent him, opposing players will trash talk the **** out of him, and the fans will heckle him relentlessly

I mean bolded is just not true depending on the cause of the cardiac arrest and the treatment he got. Other athletes have had a similar event and returned to professional sport. and you seem to be doing a lot of projecting on the pressures he facing and what's going on his
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,043

Post#132 » by BlzMwt » Tue May 14, 2024 9:07 pm

Prince187 wrote:

I don't know if I've ever seen so much speculation in one post.

By all accounts of what has been shown to the public, Lebron is a great father.

If there was actual risk to Bronny's health, you think his parents would be letting him continue?

Better yet, you seem to think he has no interest in pursuing a pro career in basketball and he's being forced into this by Lebron (despite the severe health concerns you cite). Basically being held hostage since Lebron has shut down any possible interviews with him.

What does playing with Bronny even do for Lebron's legacy? Next to nothing. A minor credit to his longevity and a fun fact for sports trivia in 50 years for who were the first father-son teammates in NBA history.

Lebron's haters are as bad as his stans.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,230

Post#133 » by KamikazeK » Tue May 14, 2024 9:07 pm

I think a team like Boston could take him if he's there at the end of the 1st. They won't need anything out of him at all, anything they get from him would be a bonus.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#134 » by DrCoach » Tue May 14, 2024 9:49 pm

His floor is Miles McBride

His ceiling is Donovan mitchell
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,126

Post#135 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 14, 2024 10:26 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Modern Lillard with defense
Top 5 player in 4 yrs

LMAO. Laker fans already talking themselves into the inevitable pick.

I'm convinced LaLover is a Lakers troll account.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,126

Post#136 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 14, 2024 10:27 pm

DrCoach wrote:His floor is Miles McBride

His ceiling is Donovan mitchell

What did Miles McBride ever do to you?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
dkb964
Junior
And1: 214

Post#137 » by dkb964 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:32 pm

Did he not measure in at 6 foot 1 in socks? I believe he also had a 6 foot 7 wingspan though. I thoiught he was suppose to be 6 foot 4 in socks though? That is a big difference.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,442

Post#138 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 pm

6' 1" isn't enough IMO
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,286

Post#139 » by MrBigShot » Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm

Prince187 wrote:

He is LeBron's son with access to world class doctors. If their professional opinion was that he should avoid sports, he wouldn't be playing basketball right now.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,723

Post#140 » by shi-woo » Tue May 14, 2024 11:08 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

Not really how I remember it. Doc def. played a part in him sticking around, but Austin wws a legit NBA player with legit NBA skills. He has one of the sickest first steps in the country, and it was hard for even elite athletes to stay in front. His handle was nice, and he was an okay shooter projected to be a good shooter. He was cocky as hell, but that's always been viewed as positive in sports, like when he hit that big shot against North Carolina. People love dudes who aren't scared of that moment. Honestly, I thought he was going to have a Chucky Atkins/Mike James type of career.

Rivers just never developed any other offensive skills, and was always going to be a poor defender.

Bronny so far, ha shown absolutely none of those things. We keep hearing about that vert, which is really telling in a game that is predicated on skill more than anything

It's actually insulting to Rivers to compare Bronny to him, they are worlds apart as prospects, and that's saying something

Return to The General Board