What teams can Portland beat in the playoffs out West.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#121 » by Bgil » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:04 pm

You Portland fans are beyond delusional. According to Hollinger stats you guys have had the easiest schedule in the league the last 10 games and in your 16-1 streak you've beaten only four teams in the current playoff picture: Denver, Golden State, New Orleans, and Toronto.

The only solid wins in that steak are one win against Denver (the other saw them without key players) and the win against NO. A lot of the wins have been close including those overtime wins against MKE and CHI as well as games against Denver, Toronto, and Miami. There's also only been 5 or 6 road games in that streak. Your margin of victory for the season is only 1.3 points ours is 6.8.

Wake up, 90% of the reason you guys ever played us so well is playing for the Knicks right now. Aldridge playing 35mpg and having a season high in rebounds of only 13 scares no one.

Come playoff time we're going to run you out of the building, assuming you're there at all.
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
BlzrsExplosion
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#122 » by BlzrsExplosion » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Bgil wrote:You Portland fans are beyond delusional. According to Hollinger stats you guys have had the easiest schedule in the league the last 10 games and in your 16-1 streak you've beaten only four teams in the current playoff picture: Denver, Golden State, New Orleans, and Toronto.

The only solid wins in that steak are one win against Denver (the other saw them without key players) and the win against NO. A lot of the wins have been close including those overtime wins against MKE and CHI as well as games against Denver, Toronto, and Miami. There's also only been 5 or 6 road games in that streak. Your margin of victory for the season is only 1.3 points ours is 6.8.

Wake up, 90% of the reason you guys ever played us so well is playing for the Knicks right now. Aldridge playing 35mpg and having a season high in rebounds of only 13 scares no one.

Come playoff time we're going to run you out of the building, assuming you're there at all.

We have few new tricks up our sleeve considerably more impressive than Zach Randolph. It's actually kind of sad to admit that you're afraid of Zach Randolph. Haha.

Anyway devalue it all you want but the Blazers are still the youngest team in the league, have still put together the hottest streak of the season, are still in the thick of the playoff hunt, and are still in 1st place in the NW division. They are defying all rationale thought. Who predicted this? Maybe Joel Pryzbilla's mom....I look forward to our matchups with the Lakers in the regular season (the games I know will happen). I'm sure you'll dream up some wonderful excuses for any losses you mayn endure.
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#123 » by ImmortalD24 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 pm

BlzrsExplosion wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Anyway devalue it all you want but the Blazers are still the youngest team in the league
guess who is 2nd.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#124 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:49 pm

I hope Kobe reverts back to old Kobe for one game and just completely dumps on the Blazers... Ah who am I kidding Kobe will dump on them anyway :lol:
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#125 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:49 pm

ImmortalD24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

guess who is 2nd.

Umm...The Jazz!!
Milan24
Bench Warmer

Post#126 » by Milan24 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:05 pm

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Umm...The Jazz!!

I think he is talking about the 2nd youngest team in the league and that is the Lakers not Utah.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,824

Post#127 » by Fitz303 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:17 pm

Bgil wrote:You Portland fans are beyond delusional. According to Hollinger stats you guys have had the easiest schedule in the league the last 10 games and in your 16-1 streak you've beaten only four teams in the current playoff picture: Denver, Golden State, New Orleans, and Toronto.

Denver TWICE, Utah THREE TIMES, Golden State TWICE, Toronto, New Orleans

Over half of our games (9 out of 16) have been against playoff level competition.. Not saying they beat anybody in the playoffs, but youre delusional if you think the Blazers havent played excellent basketball so far.. Theyre a good team, and it will be a good matchup when those 2 teams play this season.. stop your crying
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#128 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:27 pm

Milan24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think he is talking about the 2nd youngest team in the league and that is the Lakers not Utah.

Actually, with the addition of Kyle Korver and subtraction of Gordan Gircek, the Jazz are the second youngest team in the league.

Portland: Average Age-23.86 years old
Utah Jazz: Average Age- 24.92 years old
Seattle Sonics: Average Age- 25 years old
LA Lakers: Average Age- 25.07 years old

That makes the Lakers 4th...not second.
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#129 » by swede » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:02 am

Coming from the guy who's comments that Blazer fans talk about the team's age too much.. lmao.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#130 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:49 am

[quote="xstockholmsyndromex"][/quote]

And how in depth did you go? Included days and months? Statistically 2-4 is pretty much the same.
LALakers4ever
Senior

Post#131 » by LALakers4ever » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:28 am

The Potland Blazeups won't even make the playoffs so who cares?
Bgil
Assistant Coach

Post#132 » by Bgil » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:34 am

Fitz303 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Denver TWICE, Utah THREE TIMES, Golden State TWICE, Toronto, New Orleans

Over half of our games (9 out of 16) have been against playoff level competition.. Not saying they beat anybody in the playoffs, but youre delusional if you think the Blazers havent played excellent basketball so far.. Theyre a good team, and it will be a good matchup when those 2 teams play this season.. stop your crying

One of those Denver games was without Camby among others... Utah is in 10th place right now, that's not "playoff level competition". Golden State is in 8th place in the West and Toronto would be (at best) the 11th seed in the West right now.

with the exception of NO, anyone of the team you beat could be out of the playoff picture within about 3 games.

In the last 10 games you comp has a combined winning percentage of .425. That's not "playoff level" even in the Leastern conference. 11 of those 16/17 games were at home too. Stop deluding yourself into thinking your just as good as another team who amassed the same record with one of the hardest schedules in the league.
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
Fitz303
General Manager

Post#133 » by Fitz303 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:38 am

LALakers4ever wrote:The Potland Blazeups won't even make the playoffs so who cares?

Wow you are so clever... That was the greatest post of all time.. Welcome to the year 2008 (do i need green font for that)

And all they need to do is go 23-24 for the rest of this season and they have 45 wins.. Will they? who knows.. Maybe they'll all just quit playing and go smoke up for the rest of the season huh LALakers4ever? is that what they might do? Thats what youre funny joke insinuates, right? :clap:
Fitz303
General Manager

Post#134 » by Fitz303 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:50 am

Bgil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

One of those Denver games was without Camby among others... Utah is in 10th place right now, that's not "playoff level competition". Golden State is in 8th place in the West and Toronto would be (at best) the 11th seed in the West right now.

with the exception of NO, anyone of the team you beat could be out of the playoff picture within about 3 games.

In the last 10 games you comp has a combined winning percentage of .425. That's not "playoff level" even in the Leastern conference. 11 of those 16/17 games were at home too. Stop deluding yourself into thinking your just as good as another team who amassed the same record with one of the hardest schedules in the league.

Please, the Blazers also beat Denver WITHOUT Aldridge.. Get over it. Utah is 1 game out of the playoffs and above .500.. Please point out where ANYBODY tried to say that this team ran that streak with the hardest schedule in the league.. We beat a tough Utah team (regarless of whether or not you want to aknowledge that) 3 out of 4 times within 1 month. Thats difficult to do for anybody.

I didnt know that you had to win 17 out of 18 games against ELITE teams to get respect. Its not like we have just beat bottom dwellers.. We have beaten awful teams, and we have beaten good teams.. If you would also like to look back before that, we also beat Dallas and Detroit. im sure theres an excuse for that as well. The only team that has given us serious problems so far has been SA.. Nobody is saying that Portland is on that level either, but Portland is a good team.. Bad teams dont run off 17 out of 18.. Will they do anything if they make the playoffs.. Highly doubt it. But there are a few teams that they would play tough
Bgil
Assistant Coach

Post#135 » by Bgil » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:56 am

I didnt know that you had to win 17 out of 18 games against ELITE teams to get respect. Its not like we have just beat bottom dwellers..

Easiest schedule in the league for the last 10 games and probably the last 15 games. At least 11 home games. :crazy:
Deuce33
Pro Prospect

Post#136 » by Deuce33 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:12 am

Bgil wrote:
I didnt know that you had to win 17 out of 18 games against ELITE teams to get respect. Its not like we have just beat bottom dwellers..

Easiest schedule in the league for the last 10 games and probably the last 15 games. At least 11 home games. :crazy:

Exactly, you can tell just how good a team truly is based on their road record and point differential against teams. Check the blazers..
Fitz303
General Manager

Post#137 » by Fitz303 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:16 am

Bgil wrote:

Who are you, John Hollinger?? If you want to continue to just look at numbers, then how about the fact that it all evens out.. The Blazers have a total SOS of .507.. 8th in the entire league, and are at 22-13... Total RPI has them at 7th in the entire league.. So theyre in the top 25% of the leagues hardest schedules yet theyre 9 games above .500..

Lets just look at teams with easier schedules and you can compare:

Detroit
Cleveland
Dallas
Boston
New Orleans
Orlando
San Antonio
Denver
Phoenix

Those teams are so overrated because theyve played an easier schedule than the Blazers.. Youre essentially saying that the Blazers are only winning because theyre playing easy teams... 8th most DIFFICULT schedule in the league and theyre right in the middle of the western conference playoff picture

Deuce33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly, you can tell just how good a team truly is based on their road record and point differential against teams. Check the blazers..

I hope thats a joke... SA: 6-8 on the road.. They suck!
Charlie78
Starter
And1: 81

Post#138 » by Charlie78 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:17 am

Bgil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think we as blazers fans have made it pretty clear over and over that we dont expect to win any playoff series. However thats not the same as saying we dont have a chance to win any playoff series. GS proved that it is possible and frankly there are only two teams that I dont think we have any chance at all and thats PHX and SA. Whats so wrong with saying the lakers dont scare us. There are plenty of facts to back it up, but nobody here seems to want to look at that they just want to dismiss us and what we have accomplished. Even though the difference between the two teams is not that great.So ill try again to explain using actual facts.

VS. Top ten teams LA 8-7 POR 7-7

VS. Top 16 teams LA 11-9 POR 12-9

VS. Atlantic LA 3-3 POR 2-2

VS. Central LA 5-3 POR 3-1

VS. Southeast LA 0-1 POR 1-3

VS. Northwest LA 7-1 POR 8-2

VS. Pacific LA 4-1 POR 3-0

VS. Southwest LA 4-3 POR 5-5

VS. West LA 15-5 POR 16-7

VS. East LA 8-6 POR 6-6

Home LA 13-5 POR 17-3

Away LA 10-6 POR 5-10

There is every fact i could find in relation to there records. Everything except road record is almost exactly the same including the amount of road games which has been portlands biggest knock. Yes the Lakers have had a harder schedule than the blazers but not one of the hardest in the league. The difference between the blazers and the lakers in SOS is .69 points, while the difference to the team with hardest schedule is 1.24 nearly double. So if you want to make the argument the lakers are better than the blazers your right. that they would most likely beat the blazers in a series again your right. That they are head and shoulders above them and the blazers should be terrified nope sorry your wrong.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#139 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:00 am

The Lakers are head and shoulders above the Blazers. Kobe Bryant. Enough said.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 556

Post#140 » by Goldbum » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:38 am

This thread is so full of jealous haters that it makes me sick. Out of respect for the mods I won't name names, but it's obvious that some people are scared to death of what this Blazer team is and will be. Time will tell so talk sh*t while you still can. I'll see you all at The Rose Garden.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed

Return to The General Board