Supercool Michael Beasley

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 309

Re: Supercool Michael Beasley 

Post#121 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:54 am

He deleted his twitter, he's very guilty.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#122 » by Sofa King » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 am

Ju Mad wrote:Image

3Stacks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#123 » by 3Stacks » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:02 am

rayofsunshine wrote:He's just high on weed, it's a depressant. He'll be alright.

Lol strong misunderstanding, depressant drugs aren't called that cause they make you depressed...
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#124 » by CoolD » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:03 am

Is that really him sounding suicidal.
Beasley sounding like Stephen Marbury.

The weed part stupid(if it is real weed) for posting a pic, but the other part is real worrisome.
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#125 » by 360 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:04 am

Maybe it's the photographer's weed. That's what I would say. I would say that the photographer put his weed down on the table in order to take the picture and I didn't notice it there because I was too busy trying to make my wings flap.
Mr Excitement
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#126 » by Mr Excitement » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:07 am

GameTime_3 wrote:
Mr Excitement wrote:why in the flying **** are you guys fighting about race issue?

this thread is about beasley/weed. not a single thing about race wtf. don't get this thread locked because of off topic crap.

100% It seems like some throw out the race card, even when its no where to be found. Beasley f"d up! I'm one of Beasley's biggest fans(I had his jersey before the lottery in Miami) and i cant defend him on this. I know most players smoke(I don't smoke but don't really see anything wrong with it except it being illegal).

i remember you and your k-state jersey @ nba draft 8-)

i love beasley as well, but i won't be defending him on that picture. that is weed, there's no ifs and buts.

i agree with you, most players smoke. but don't show the weed or else media and fans will have a field day on that player. riley is going to be so pissed off.

i don't know why some of these posters are bringing up the race issue, seriously. and yall haven't stop until this time? wtf.
Mr Excitement
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#127 » by Mr Excitement » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:08 am

GswStorm3 wrote:He deleted his twitter, he's very guilty.

no he didnt. his official twitter was renamed days ago

twitter.com/gorillabeas

that's beasley's twitter.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,883

Post#128 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:10 am

Ju Mad wrote:
The humor is you are being racist against white people by suggesting people in this thread are white just because they think Beasley has a bag of marijuana on the table.

You too are perpetuating negative stereotypes and coming to assumptions.

What?

Look, I'm not gonna be your teacher or professor in this biitch because I don't have time to and I'm about to go but countless studies have been done that say the exact same thing I said in that first post. Countless studies, and they've been replicated several times. White people tend to view neutral actions done by Blacks as aggressive. They tend to associate more negative words and feelings towards Blacks.

This. is. fact.

I'm not gonna dance around that **** cause it makes yall mad. Hell, I think makin yall mad in my spare time is funny. Granted I didn't even expect to do it this time but still, amusin nonetheless.

I am pretty sure if they do the same number of studies in regards to some black people and their reactions to some white people and their actions it would come out that some black people tend to view anything critical, negative, questioning, etc as racist by some white people.

Are there racist white people? Absolutely, no doubt. Are there racist black people? Absolutely, no doubt. Is a large portion of the population, regardless of skin color, probably a bit subconsciously racist (or has a tendency to stereotype certain looks or actions) because of negative stereotypes reinforced by minor, yet vocal, groups? I'd wager so.

This can be applied to everything in life - stereotypes against blacks, Latinos, whites, gays, straights, religious people, non-religious people, republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives, people who believe in global warming, people who don't, the list goes on and on.

Negative actions by minor groups of people who tend to be very vocal and get a lot of media play are put into the minds of the viewing/listening public and it sits there subconsciously. This happens with EVERYONE and isn't just restricted to one race/group of people.

Stop assuming that because someone points out what they think suspiciously looks like a bag of weed on Mike Beasley's table they're racist just because he's black. You have no idea the skin color of the original poster, or the several people who responded, yet automatically assume because they think this about Mike Beasley they must be white. You are perpetuating and reinforcing negative stereotypes which is no different than the people who actually ARE assuming these things about Mike Beasley because of the color of his skin.

In this situation I imagine hardly anyone thinks Michael Beasley is dumb, (Please Use More Appropriate Word), a pot head, or has a bag of weed on his table because he's black. Most think these things because he has a history of smoking weed, getting caught with it, and being dumb about it; despite being a high profile basketball player who should know better (or at least someone around him should know better). Like Chris Anderson, Matt Jones, Michael Phelps, or any number of white players in the NFL/MLB who have been caught with steroids - if there is a suspicious looking package in a picture they are seen in that looks a bit like weed/or steroids they're going to be accused of having those things because they have a history of it.

Like it was mentioned earlier in this thread - if this was a picture of Ray Allen then no one probably even notices the bag on the table. Why? Is it because Ray Allen is actually secretly a white man? No, it is because Ray Allen has a history of being a guy of high class who has never to my recollection even been suspected of doing drugs. Same with Chauncey Billups, Shane Battier, Brandon Roy, Tim Duncan, Bryant, Mutumbo, Olajuwon, Okafor, Robinson, Howard, Bosh etc etc

There are race issues in the world this is undeniable, but in my opinion this Michael Beasley with a possible bag of marijuana on his table is not one of them. This is just an issue of Michael Beasley having a history of being dumb with marijuana and people taking their conclusions from that.

This post was also entirely too long and long-winded but I became irritated.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#129 » by Sofa King » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 am

GswStorm3 wrote:He deleted his twitter, he's very guilty.

Still up for me.

http://twitter.com/GorillaBeas

http://twitpic.com/photos/GorillaBeas
jakstad
Banned User

Post#130 » by jakstad » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 am

idiots........
eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Post#131 » by eslr » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 am

360 wrote:Maybe it's the photographer's weed. That's what I would say .

I agree....blame it on the web cam!
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,156

Post#132 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:53 am

I don't think it's weed. I don't even think it's a baggie. It's a little blurry to tell, but, I think it's an underpants gnome. The film was just too slow to catch it in any detail. Here is a photo taken with 1200 film.

Note the green hats.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
kp117
Banned User

Post#133 » by kp117 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:53 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Is it because Ray Allen is actually secretly a white man? No, it is because Ray Allen has a history of being a guy of high class who has never to my recollection even been suspected of doing drugs.

How can you compare Ray Allen's "history" with Beasley? Beasley has been on the national stage since last year while Ray Allen has been known since 1995. Beasley has never been caught with marijuana. Stop trying to extrapolate chance from your hear-say innuendo. Beasley doesn’t have a "history" with anything. Santonio Holmes has a "history", Lamar Odom has a "history". But because Beasley is black with tatoo's and cornrows in his hair, you want to use your stereotypes to pass judgment.

Racial Shame.
Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#134 » by Bubstubbler » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 am

i've gotta think that the only guys really doubting it's weed are the guys who haven't smoked much.

that there looks like a quarter to me. the real shame is that it looks like schwag.
SmushedPennies
Analyst
And1: 211

Post#135 » by SmushedPennies » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:49 am

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:doing weed

Haha. I knew you were 12. Proof.
ImageImage
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#136 » by rumdiary » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:59 am

LOL, what I didn't realise is that all that stuff behind him is on the floor, not on a table which is as high as his waist. That sure is a lot of weed, if that's what it is.

I don't want to make this a thread about race, but I think it's safe to say that all black people are evil, right down to their cold hearts which pump not blood like yours or mine, but rather a thick vomitous oil which oozes through their rotten veins and clots in their pea-size brains. Which becomes the cause of their nazi patterns of violent behaviour!
I be trollin', I be trollin' :wink:
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#137 » by Canomad » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:02 am

looks like beasley is smoking that shawagadelic weed. if you put david stern in that picture and not beasley and told me to look at the table i would say damn hes got some weed on the table! lol at ju mad playing the race card and not realizing how hard he has failed at doing so.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#139 » by Flash3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:44 am

Ju Mad check your PMs.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
kp117
Banned User

Post#140 » by kp117 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 am

Bubstubbler wrote:i've gotta think that the only guys really doubting it's weed are the guys who haven't smoked much.

that there looks like a quarter to me. the real shame is that it looks like schwag.

No, you gotta think Beasley is a millionaire who has three cars, why would he be smoking schwag? It looks like schwag because it isn’t even weed. The bag should be purple or lime green if anything! Everybody wants to put two and two together about this to make accusations but don’t wanna stop and think why would there be STRAIGHT BUSH on the table instead of Kush.

Stereotypes are ingrained in the human DNA.

Return to The General Board