Refs steal a possession from Pacers [Update]Official complaint filed for 78 Bad Calls

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,801

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#141 » by Upperclass » Tue May 7, 2024 3:37 pm

Pacers look like a much better team.. Odd calls
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,544

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#142 » by gavran » Tue May 7, 2024 3:47 pm

Upperclass wrote:Pacers look like a much better team.. Odd calls

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,138

Post#143 » by Darth Celtic » Tue May 7, 2024 3:58 pm

I think they were evenly matched, and that showed in the close game. I think series could go 7
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#144 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 4:05 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:I think they were evenly matched, and that showed in the close game. I think series could go 7

Very curious to see how representative that game was for how this series will go. I can definitely see us continuing to struggle to slow them down and we won't shoot 47% from 3 for the series...but I dunno how likely they are to have as much success against us in the rebound & turnover battles.

Still expecting a tight series with the pacers leveraging their depth advantage to keep the pressure up, but interested how the other games will look.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,138

Post#145 » by Darth Celtic » Tue May 7, 2024 4:08 pm

If pacers keep having to double brunson to stop him, Knicks should make 40 percent or higher from three. But, on topic, sad that such a great game was influenced by such poor calls at the end, which I'm sure weren't on purpose bad. And wish Miami would be called on those screens that were much much worse every time.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#146 » by sisibilio » Tue May 7, 2024 4:23 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:I thought that offensive foul call on Turner at the end of the game was horrible. Borderline call and you dont call that with 13 seconds left in a one point game. That was terrible. Pacers got screwed on that possession to possibly win the game.

It was a clear foul, not debatable. If anything what should be criticized is not calling those all the time.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
cgf
RealGM

Post#147 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 4:29 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:If pacers keep having to double brunson to stop him, Knicks should make 40 percent or higher from three. But, on topic, sad that such a great game was influenced by such poor calls at the end, which I'm sure weren't on purpose bad. And wish Miami would be called on those screens that were much much worse every time.

On this I think all of us can agree. If the league starts calling those Bam-moving-screens consistently until players stop doing them, some good can come of this clusterf*** of a finale to a fun ass game.

...though I'm not holding my breath...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#148 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 4:31 pm

sisibilio wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:I thought that offensive foul call on Turner at the end of the game was horrible. Borderline call and you dont call that with 13 seconds left in a one point game. That was terrible. Pacers got screwed on that possession to possibly win the game.

It was a clear foul, not debatable. If anything what should be criticized is not calling those all the time.

I get where you're coming from, but it's still unfair to players who have to adjust from game to game to how refs will call certain things for those refs then in the deciding moments to chance what they're going to call and what they're going to let go.

So people saying that if it's not called all game long, it shouldn't be called in the deciding moments, have a point even if they're technically wrong.

___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#149 » by ___Rand___ » Tue May 7, 2024 4:58 pm

To add to the list of bad calls going AGAINST Pacers in the last minute of the game - Refs called a FOUL on Haliburton (which was then overturned because of CHALLENGE) - again, that's a bad call favoring Knicks. Pacers should not have had to use a challenge.

Another bad non-call that favored Knicks, as per Jay Williams:

As [Tim Legler] brought up in hour one, the screen literally the prior possession before that, DiVincenzo has both arms up and is moving, and they didn’t call that a moving screen; but they called Myles Turner at that critical possession of the game a moving screen. It makes no sense. I think it was an embarrassment for the league

Read on Twitter

So that's FOUR game changing bad calls that went AGAINST Pacers in the last 2 minutes of the game. Four calls that FAVORED Knicks. In the last 2 minutes of the game.

#1 - kicked ball that wasn't a kicked ball. Challenge denied.
#2 - moving screen called on Turner at 17 seconds left.
#3 - foul called on Haliburton. Challenged and over-turned.
#4 - blatant and obvious moving screen on DiVincenzo that was NOT called favoring Knicks. That would have been foul #6 on DiVincenzo!
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#150 » by bebopdeluxe » Tue May 7, 2024 5:06 pm

Sixers fan here.

Sorry, Pacers fans. The fix is in. We feel your pain. Maxey gets his jersey held AND get fouled in the same play. No call. DDV flops and gets the call.

Take it from a Sixers fan - it is hard to beat the Knicks when you are playing 8 on 5.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,458

Post#151 » by Knicks Byke » Tue May 7, 2024 5:09 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Yeah. As a knicks fan I'm still dumbfounded by that call. It was technically correct but that's a call that gets ignored so often, calling it in that moment was insane.

it was the way Donte reacted to the screen that got the call made.

If it was obvious or egregious to the point Turner flattened Donte with an elbow or something i could see it but that was awful. You could call a foul on every screen if your gonna call that. Let them play that possession. That was a bad call.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#152 » by ___Rand___ » Tue May 7, 2024 5:11 pm

On the kicked ball call, Zarba was on the opposite side of the court with the PERFECT view of the play and he was looking at it, and didn't call it a kicked ball. But the ref BEHIND the play, behind Brunson called it a kicked ball.
hundreth
Senior
And1: 387

Post#153 » by hundreth » Tue May 7, 2024 5:14 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:Sixers fan here.

Sorry, Pacers fans. The fix is in. We feel your pain. Maxey gets his jersey held AND get fouled in the same play. No call. DDV flops and gets the call.

Take it from a Sixers fan - it is hard to beat the Knicks when you are playing 8 on 5.

Happy to see Sixers fans found a renewed purpose in life, complaining about the Knicks.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 819

Post#154 » by Packbuckman » Tue May 7, 2024 5:43 pm

I turned the game off after the Brunson fouled Turner that was overturned after replay. I knew the knicks would win refs just sucked all game letting knicks be as physical as they want but calling everything on pacers and I am a bucks fan who has no horse in this race.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#155 » by bebopdeluxe » Tue May 7, 2024 5:51 pm

hundreth wrote:

Happy to see Sixers fans found a renewed purpose in life, complaining about the Knicks.

Just keeping it 100. The end of that game last night was a joke to EVERYONE but Knicks fans.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,786

Post#156 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:57 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
hundreth wrote:

Just keeping it 100. The end of that game last night was a joke to EVERYONE but Knicks fans.

Read on Twitter

refs basically made up for this one, with 2 mins left in the game. Clear flop by Nesmith

Nobody is denying that it wasn't a foul.

Stop crying

Pacers had a chance to win the game. Were up 9 points in the 4th but let the Knicks come back

Whats the excuse for that?
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#157 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 6:02 pm

The great thing about tears is after they dry up the salt still remains. The only input we need from 76ers fans are Cancun accommodations.
R.I.P Black Mamba
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#158 » by omerome » Tue May 7, 2024 6:03 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
hundreth wrote:

Nah. You don't get to act that way when your best player (Embiid) falls to the ground and literally pulled on an opponent's leg while he's in air and he still was able to finish the game.

The game was badly called, but there's no fix for the Knicks.

Even after all that said, the Pacers still had their opportunities to win and their best player didn't show up - especially in crunch time.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#159 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 6:06 pm

Upperclass wrote:Pacers look like a much better team.. Odd calls

It’s gonna be tough for Brunson to keep up with Halibum’s 6 ppg I agree
R.I.P Black Mamba
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,809

Post#160 » by The KnicksFix » Tue May 7, 2024 6:10 pm

LegendOfSalmons wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:**** happens

Lesgo Knicks

Please keep that same energy when the Knicks inevitably lose.

LOLOL soft, get thru Cleveland first

Return to The General Board