“Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises”

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,416

Re: “Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises” 

Post#141 » by SweaterBae » Sun May 12, 2024 3:27 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:33/13/6 for Tobias today.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

44% shooting, and 5 tos, left that out eh...

These playoffs:
Tatum 5.5 assists/2 turnovers
Embiid 5.7 assists/4.2 turnovers

Don't feed it!
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,853

Post#142 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 12, 2024 3:33 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:33/13/6 for Tobias today.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

44% shooting, and 5 tos, left that out eh...

These playoffs:
Tatum 5.5 assists/2 turnovers
Embiid 5.7 assists/4.2 turnovers

In elimination games

Tatum: 27ppg on 45% FG - 5.9 assists / 3.1 turnovers
Embiid: 23ppg on 38% FG - 2.7 assists / 5 turnovers
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,649

Post#143 » by eyeatoma » Sun May 12, 2024 3:42 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
Embiid has shot it over 44% in exactly 1 second round playoff series out of 5 and averages 4 turnovers in the 2nd round.

You ain’t ready for this conversation buddy

1. I'm not your buddy. 2. Tatum would be lucky to average that with 1 leg, and half a face.

Embiid is a career playoff choker and will finish his career as one.

Just like the pathetic joke that is the 76ers.

Thanks for coming.
Have fun not winning a chip this year again and being handicapped to a $300 million player who can't go to his left and another who only shoots threes and is closer to Tobias Harris than a top 10 player.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,515

Post#144 » by RB34 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:45 am

eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

1. I'm not your buddy. 2. Tatum would be lucky to average that with 1 leg, and half a face.

Thanks for coming.
Have fun not winning a chip this year again and being handicapped to a $300 million player who can't go to his left and another who only shoots threes and is closer to Tobias Harris than a top 10 player.

The mask has come off and you’ve gone full troll.

You can’t talk about winning and be a Embiid/Sixers fan.

Embiid is borderline the worst playoffs performer out of any elite player ever.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#145 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 12, 2024 3:46 am

eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Thanks for coming.

Celtics: Currently best odds and favs to win the title. Best players are 26/27 and have made 4 conference finals.

Sixers/Embiid: bounced in the first round and never made it past the second round in over a decade. Best player is a 31 year old who gets injured every year.

I know who is going to have more fun and it’s not you champ.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,325

Post#146 » by Sweet Serenity » Sun May 12, 2024 3:58 am

eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Thanks for coming.

Yes the guy who’s about to make his 3rd consecutive all-NBA first team appearance & has been top 6 in MVP voting each of the last 3 years is closer to Tobias Harris than a top 10 player …

Responding with emotion rather than logic is why members think you’re a joke on this board.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,644

Post#147 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sun May 12, 2024 5:14 am

eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Thanks for coming.

I’m not sure you understand how this whole basketball thing works.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,141

Post#148 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun May 12, 2024 7:35 am

Tatum now has 11 playoff games with at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. That's more than Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon, just to name a few Hall of Famers, and tied is for the eighth-most such games all-time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-vs-cavaliers-score-underappreciated-jayson-tatum-ignites-boston-with-33-points-in-game-3-win/live/
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,141

Post#149 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun May 12, 2024 7:46 am

guldakot wrote:Its a semi-slanderous / clever take. My only issue with Tatum is that he settles for the 3 too often, especially when he has smaller players on him. Maybe thats how Boston really wants to use him, but Durant will PUNISH you if you a mouse on him, Tatum seems happy to settle for a 3 too often, especially when he's cold from there. He is a top 5 scorer and top 7 2-way player currently.

Boston needs reliable size that isn't geriatric and a solid pg to help setup the talent on the team. Currently they are a bit unbalanced.

Pritchard, White, and Holiday had assist/TO ratios better than 4.5, 3.5, and 2.5 respectively. Tatum, as befits a major scorer, was just shy of 2.0

Those 4 guys are really the Cs' point guard by committee. 2 or more of them are usually on the floor at once. Or if only one of them is, then he gets pretty serious about the PG role.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 951

Post#150 » by dk1115 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 am

Nate505 wrote:If someone told me Dennis Miller said that, I'd have believed them.

Is that the guy on the CNN talk show back in the 90s?
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,345

Post#151 » by ShootersShoot » Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 am

Is there even a team that wouldnt want tatum? He is the #1 option on the team with the most wins this season. Folks acting like they wouldnt cream their pants if tatum ended up on their team.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,282

Post#152 » by MrBigShot » Sun May 12, 2024 8:26 am

Tatum suffers from the fact that the top 2-3 guys in the NBA are just so damn great that people overlook and take for granted that he himself is really, really good.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#153 » by eyeatoma » Sun May 12, 2024 9:16 am

MrBigShot wrote:Tatum suffers from the fact that the top 2-3 guys in the NBA are just so damn great that people overlook and take for granted that he himself is really, really good.

And he has no place at all in MVP conversations annually.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#154 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 12, 2024 9:32 am

eyeatoma wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Tatum suffers from the fact that the top 2-3 guys in the NBA are just so damn great that people overlook and take for granted that he himself is really, really good.

And he has no place at all in MVP conversations annually.

Look how far they got Embiid :lol:

As I said, if you were smart, you’d be singing Tatums praises as he continually outplays Embiid in the playoffs.

But according to you, your little crush Joel can’t beat a player who “isn’t in the conversation for a top 10 player”. You think you’re dunking on Tatum, but you’re just making Embiid look even worse.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,037

Post#155 » by Curmudgeon » Sun May 12, 2024 9:32 am

So no one gives consideration to Tatum's defense, which is elite for a top scorer? Offensively he's hot and cold, but at the other end he's consistently good.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,325

Post#156 » by Sweet Serenity » Sun May 12, 2024 10:57 am

The NBA has become so offence orientated which is why guys like Jokic & Doncic thrive & are seen right now as the best 2 players in the league. Tatum’s miles better than both of them on defence but is a couple of levels below them offensively. That’s why Tatum’s always going to hover around that 6-10 range rather than being a top 3 player in the league.
chudak
Senior
And1: 336

Post#157 » by chudak » Sun May 12, 2024 12:27 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:To me Jayson Tatum is the star that is never the best player on the floor.

He’s always the best player on the floor when he goes up against Embiid in a playoff series.

Because Embiid is the Shaquille ONeal of Eddie Currys
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,452

Post#158 » by robbie84 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Thanks for coming.

What a weak, petty argument. You are so insanely jealous of the Celtics you have to resort to comments like Tatum being closer to Harris than a top 10 player. No one takes you seriously dude. You get really upset and emotional about so much in any thread that involves your team's rivals. I get that it's tough that the 76ers have injury issues and your best player was disappointing vs the Knicks with his antics, but this ain't life or death bro. Go enjoy the offseason.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,378

Post#159 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 12, 2024 1:20 pm

I mean, it's not an awful comp...
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#160 » by eyeatoma » Sun May 12, 2024 1:20 pm

robbie84 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Embiid is a career playoff choker and will finish his career as one.

Thanks for coming.

What a weak, petty argument. You are so insanely jealous of the Celtics you have to resort to comments like Tatum being closer to Harris than a top 10 player. No one takes you seriously dude. You get really upset and emotional about so much in any thread that involves your team's rivals. I get that it's tough that the 76ers have injury issues and your best player was disappointing vs the Knicks with his antics, but this ain't life or death bro. Go enjoy the offseason.

This entire board is like that lol. Everyone revels in the other teams issues, and inability to win. Stop acting like everyone doesn't love it when the Sixers lose. So the rest of the board is allowed to do that, but others aren't when other teams have issues? LOL.

Return to The General Board