Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199

ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,597

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#141 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:16 pm

DrCoach wrote:His floor is Miles McBride

His ceiling is Donovan mitchell

lol that's about the worst comparisons i've ever seen for him...what Bronny games are you watching?

honestly after watching a ton of his College and a lot of his HS:

Floor - Kris Dunn or possibly out of the league

Ceiling - Gary Harris
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,595

Post#142 » by og15 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:16 pm

Prince187 wrote:
nikster wrote:I don't know how he will end up as an NBA player but i do think people really overlooked his heart condition when considering his college season.

He probably avoided all significant physical activity for some time after the incident and likely only slowly ramped up.

They’re still overlooking his heart condition. He suffered a cardiac arrest which is significantly worse than a heart attack. Plenty of people have heart attacks and survive without even going to the hospital. With cardiac arrest your heart literally stops and you die very soon without immediate medical intervention.

For that sort of thing to happen at such a young age means you have serious heart issues. He needs to quit basketball completely and do something else in life. He wasn’t that good even before his cardiac arrest. He averaged 13 ppg his senior year on a team without any high ranked prospects

The fact that he can finish 2nd place at that shooting drill means he’s obviously putting in the work. It doesn’t translate on the court because he lacks the god given talent of his dad. He’s maxed out his natural abilities. He’s had the best coaches, trainers, nutritionist, etc that money can buy his entire life and this is the end result.

I actually feel sorry for him. I doubt he even likes basketball that much. His dad doesn’t let him do interviews because he doesn’t want people to know the truth. Bronny is just being used to build up his dad’s legacy.

Even if he does make it to the NBA and through some miracle doesn’t have any more health complications it’s going to be hell for him. Not only will he struggle immensely on the court but some of his teammates will resent him, opposing players will trash talk the **** out of him, and the fans will heckle him relentlessly
WAYY too much living room medical doctor going on here.

You're simply not correct that his incident is an indication that he should stop athletics, it's simply a false statement and in not sure where you got this idea from.

There are many reasons why that sort of thing happens. There are also many people who have congenital heart issues diagnosed before they have an issue, and it does not preclude them from sports. In fact, most of our research now suggests that exercise and sports are GOOD for young people who have these conditions as long as they have been examined by a cardiologist and are under care to know how to be safe.

What's important is having a care team and knowing what's going on. The idea that this is some sort of inherent danger is just not true, let's not make stuff up now.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,536

Post#143 » by zimpy27 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:18 pm

FrodoBaggins wrote:Here's the box score from the combine scrimmage Bronny took part in:

Read on Twitter
/history

Not much to take away from it. We all know Bronny is a strong athlete with good size for the PG position. But does he have the skillset , basketball IQ, and decision-making to transfer his physical gifts to the game?

This is my concern. He is a great prospect in the gym but it doesn't seem to translate in game yet. Not sure why that is, I think it's worth working with
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,478

Post#144 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:19 pm

Donovan Mitchell?

I've heard it all now.

Anyways, good luck to him. I wish him well.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made The Finals without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,853

Post#145 » by Prince187 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:21 pm

nikster wrote:
Prince187 wrote:
nikster wrote:I don't know how he will end up as an NBA player but i do think people really overlooked his heart condition when considering his college season.

He probably avoided all significant physical activity for some time after the incident and likely only slowly ramped up.

They’re still overlooking his heart condition. He suffered a cardiac arrest which is significantly worse than a heart attack. Plenty of people have heart attacks and survive without even going to the hospital. With cardiac arrest your heart literally stops and you die very soon without immediate medical intervention.

For that sort of thing to happen at such a young age means you have serious heart issues. He needs to quit basketball completely and do something else in life. He wasn’t that good even before his cardiac arrest. He averaged 13 ppg his senior year on a team without any high ranked prospects

The fact that he can finish 2nd place at that shooting drill means he’s obviously putting in the work. It doesn’t translate on the court because he lacks the god given talent of his dad. He’s maxed out his natural abilities. He’s had the best coaches, trainers, nutritionist, etc that money can buy his entire life and this is the end result.

I actually feel sorry for him. I doubt he even likes basketball that much. His dad doesn’t let him do interviews because he doesn’t want people to know the truth. Bronny is just being used to build up his dad’s legacy.

Even if he does make it to the NBA and through some miracle doesn’t have any more health complications it’s going to be hell for him. Not only will he struggle immensely on the court but some of his teammates will resent him, opposing players will trash talk the **** out of him, and the fans will heckle him relentlessly

I mean bolded is just not true depending on the cause of the cardiac arrest and the treatment he got. Other athletes have had a similar event and returned to professional sport. and you seem to be doing a lot of projecting on the pressures he facing and what's going on his

Yes a small amount of athletes have had cardiac arrests and returned but the difference between them and bronny is 1)they reached their level of success through merit. They weren’t pushed up the ladder because of who their dad is. Bronny doesn’t belong where he is.2) the reward outweighed the risk. Athletes make life changing money. There is no reward for Bronny. His dad is a billionaire. It’s not like he’s having fun on the court with all that pressure and his lack of basketball ability. All he’ll get is a minimum contract and millions of people(including his colleagues) saying he’s a nepo baby
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,990

Post#146 » by nikster » Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 pm

Prince187 wrote:
nikster wrote:
Prince187 wrote:

I mean bolded is just not true depending on the cause of the cardiac arrest and the treatment he got. Other athletes have had a similar event and returned to professional sport. and you seem to be doing a lot of projecting on the pressures he facing and what's going on his

Yes a small amount of athletes have had cardiac arrests and returned but the difference between them and bronny is 1)they reached their level of success through merit. They weren’t pushed up the ladder because of who their dad is. Bronny doesn’t belong where he is.2) the reward outweighed the risk. Athletes make life changing money. There is no reward for Bronny. His dad is a billionaire. It’s not like he’s having fun on the court with all that pressure and his lack of basketball ability. All he’ll get is a minimum contract and millions of people(including his colleagues) saying he’s a nepo baby

1)Bronny being pushed up by his dad is irrelevant to the safety of his return.
2) Once again with the mind reading. Who says he's not having fun playing basketball? There is no reward in trying to make the NBA? No kids dream of playing in the league to be among the best basketball players in the world, they just care about the money?
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,853

Post#147 » by Prince187 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:45 pm

BlzMwt wrote:
Prince187 wrote:

I don't know if I've ever seen so much speculation in one post.

By all accounts of what has been shown to the public, Lebron is a great father.

If there was actual risk to Bronny's health, you think his parents would be letting him continue?

Better yet, you seem to think he has no interest in pursuing a pro career in basketball and he's being forced into this by Lebron (despite the severe health concerns you cite). Basically being held hostage since Lebron has shut down any possible interviews with him.

What does playing with Bronny even do for Lebron's legacy? Next to nothing. A minor credit to his longevity and a fun fact for sports trivia in 50 years for who were the first father-son teammates in NBA history.

Lebron's haters are as bad as his stans.

Sounds like you’re speculating about what kind of father he is. We don’t know anything for sure about what goes on in their home. All we know is that for years now LeBron has talked about wanting to play with his son. What we most people didn’t know until recently is that his son has no business ever making the NBA and people who’ve watched him closely knew this for a while.

And yes I believe that his dad would want him to continue playing even if his health was at risk

Playing with Bronny isn’t just some minor trivia fact. It’s a huge deal. I didn’t follow baseball growing up but I used to hear about Ken Griffey and his dad playing together all the time. If a book came out about great athletes and only contained one paragraph about each one the fact LeBron is the first to ever play with his son in the NBA would be in there. It’s going to be talked about endlessly. “MJ only played 13 seasons bro, LeBron played so long he became teammates with his own son”. And the ridiculous circumstances about how his son made the nba will be swept under the rug just like how nobody talks about how LeBron couldn’t win a ring without orchestrating super teams
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,525

Post#148 » by The Laker Kid » Tue May 14, 2024 11:46 pm

Wait.. so he dominated with 4 points?
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,874

Post#149 » by ThatClockWork » Tue May 14, 2024 11:49 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:
"you have nothing to lose"

:noway:

So to be clear for the record: you are rooting for that kid to fail?
Do you believe he does not deserve a chance?
Do you believe that he is not worth gambling on in a weak draft?
Do you believe that he does not have the skill necessary to perform or adapt at the NBA level?

Do you even have an opinion?

If you are hating on him just because of his dad, that reveals way more about you as a person. I hope for your sake, that is not the case.

Lalouie wrote:

ummm,,,,your dignity and commitment

Same questions go to you.

This is the most Cathy Newman response I’ve ever seen on this board.

“I’m not a cat person.”

“Oh, so you think all cats deserve to be brutally tortured before being murdered?!?!?”

Either you are an extremely dramatic person or that CTE has affected your ability to interpret what I said. It's difficult to tell so I will leave you to self reflect.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
RichieBuckets
Freshman
And1: 141

Post#150 » by RichieBuckets » Tue May 14, 2024 11:50 pm

Lot of superlatives for Bronny but not much substance at this point.
“Dominated combine”
“Glue guy”
“Winning mentality”
“3 and D”
Sounds like an unathletic white guy
ballzboyee
Junior
And1: 456

Post#151 » by ballzboyee » Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 am

RichieBuckets wrote:Lot of superlatives for Bronny but not much substance at this point.
“Dominated combine”
“Glue guy”
“Winning mentality”
“3 and D”
Sounds like an unathletic white guy

Have you seen the film of the workout? Dude is jacked now. He's way bigger than what he was at USC.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,295

Post#152 » by MrBigShot » Wed May 15, 2024 12:12 am

Prince187 wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:
Prince187 wrote:

I don't know if I've ever seen so much speculation in one post.

By all accounts of what has been shown to the public, Lebron is a great father.

If there was actual risk to Bronny's health, you think his parents would be letting him continue?

Better yet, you seem to think he has no interest in pursuing a pro career in basketball and he's being forced into this by Lebron (despite the severe health concerns you cite). Basically being held hostage since Lebron has shut down any possible interviews with him.

What does playing with Bronny even do for Lebron's legacy? Next to nothing. A minor credit to his longevity and a fun fact for sports trivia in 50 years for who were the first father-son teammates in NBA history.

Lebron's haters are as bad as his stans.

And yes I believe that his dad would want him to continue playing even if his health was at risk

One of the most ridiculous things i've ever read on here
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,772

Post#153 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 15, 2024 12:21 am

FrodoBaggins wrote:Here's the box score from the combine scrimmage Bronny took part in:

Read on Twitter
/history

Not much to take away from it. We all know Bronny is a strong athlete with good size for the PG position. But does he have the skillset , basketball IQ, and decision-making to transfer his physical gifts to the game?

In Bronny’s defense, you can’t really expect him to perform well against NBA caliber players.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,636

Post#154 » by Myth » Wed May 15, 2024 12:31 am

meatwad4343 wrote:he's not an nba player, but if I'm a team in the second round I'm drafting him either to hold him for ransom and get assests out of the lakers if they bite, or just on the off chance you can get a year or two of LeBron if he's willing to sign. This draft sucks anyways why not take the chance. But here's a guy who's had every possible advantage in life, access to the best coaches, nutrition, training, facilities and grew up with the game and still kind of sucks at it. Makes you wonder how much room there is for improvement. I don't think he's going to get to even a g league level.

I worry that the leverage goes the other way. Klutch strong arms the team to either play Bronny more than he deserves or make the trade they want, or face hard ball with anybody signed with Klutch for a while.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,086

Post#155 » by mg » Wed May 15, 2024 12:32 am

The Laker Kid wrote:Wait.. so he dominated with 4 points?

Basically the same production he had at USC last season. Who woulda thunk?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,522

Post#156 » by Michael Lucky » Wed May 15, 2024 12:35 am

Wasn't he seen as a 3 and D guy all along? Problem is he's too short for a SG.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,205

Post#157 » by ElectricMayhem » Wed May 15, 2024 1:08 am

I'm legitimately having a difficult time finding who was 1st. Apparently, whoever it was, didn't dominate. They also need to practice being LeBron James' kid more, it seems.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,070

Post#158 » by jfs1000d » Wed May 15, 2024 1:33 am

Kid has nba athleticism, size and skill. He’s a combo guard who projects as a defender and 3 and d player. How long will it take? I would say 3 years for meaningful minutes.

He’s an nba player even without dad. But his dad probably gets him drafted instead of having to go back to school or go udfa route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,542

Post#159 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed May 15, 2024 1:38 am

Not an nba player. Barely a division 1 starter
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,070

Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#160 » by jfs1000d » Wed May 15, 2024 1:38 am

meatwad4343 wrote:he's not an nba player, but if I'm a team in the second round I'm drafting him either to hold him for ransom and get assests out of the lakers if they bite, or just on the off chance you can get a year or two of LeBron if he's willing to sign. This draft sucks anyways why not take the chance. But here's a guy who's had every possible advantage in life, access to the best coaches, nutrition, training, facilities and grew up with the game and still kind of sucks at it. Makes you wonder how much room there is for improvement. I don't think he's going to get to even a g league level.

He isn’t one now. But may be in 2 years. Why not draft him in second round late?

Celtics took jd Davidson and have let him develop. While Ronny wont two way, i think he’d normally go in a draft pick like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board