Supercool Michael Beasley

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Re: Supercool Michael Beasley 

Post#141 » by 360 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 am

eslr wrote:
360 wrote:Maybe it's the photographer's weed. That's what I would say .

I agree....blame it on the web cam!

How do you know that's a web cam?

And anyway, he said that he caught the flu from his dogs. So blaming the weed on a webcam wouldn't be a stretch for B-easy.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#142 » by Flash3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:06 am

kp117 wrote:
Bubstubbler wrote:i've gotta think that the only guys really doubting it's weed are the guys who haven't smoked much.

that there looks like a quarter to me. the real shame is that it looks like schwag.

No, you gotta think Beasley is a millionaire who has three cars, why would he be smoking schwag? It looks like schwag because it isn’t even weed. The bag should be purple or lime green if anything! Everybody wants to put two and two together about this to make accusations but don’t wanna stop and think why would there be STRAIGHT BUSH on the table instead of Kush.

Stereotypes are ingrained in the human DNA.

Who cares what it is or isn't. As much as I'm a fan of the kid and the team he plays for, he's an idiot for putting himself in this position. Whether it is X or Y isn't going to me of matter going forward, this issue is going to haunt him as much as the other one did earlier in the season during the rookie training camp, even though no evidence was found of him doing anything wrong.

Public perception is the biggest thing, and right now it isn't a positive one for Beasley.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
kp117
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#143 » by kp117 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 am

Public perception? Do you know how incredibly ignorant the general public is concerning things about other people. You have such limited information with which to form your schema and you call that perception? Your perception is grounded in everything BUT fact. Don’t pretend to know about stuff that you haven’t the foggiest idea on. You masquerade around with blurry photos in hand and point fingers at Beasley? I've seen clearer pictures of God damn Big Foot in the forest break -dancing.

Public perception my arse
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#144 » by 360 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:35 am

Ok. Does anyone else keep getting directed to a macafe.com? This damn realgm is loaded with viruses/adware.

Anyway...the most alarming thing about this whole situation is that Beasley keeps repeating himself. The first time, it's a mistake. But the second time and third time and so on? It just shouldn't get to this point. Forget the "it's just weed" crap. The guy is a professional and he needs to start acting like one. You would think that with his exclusion from the Team USA camp that he would get serious and try to change some of his bad habits. When is he going to learn?

At first I thought the guy was just playful, but now he's coming off as being a complete moron.
kp117
Banned User

Post#145 » by kp117 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:38 am

360 wrote:Ok. Does anyone else keep getting directed to a macafe.com? This damn realgm is loaded with viruses/adware.

Anyway...the most alarming thing about this whole situation is that Beasley keeps repeating himself. The first time, it's a mistake. But the second time and third time and so on? It just shouldn't get to this point. Forget the "it's just weed" crap. The guy is a professional and he needs to start acting like one. You would think that with his exclusion from the Team USA camp that he would get serious and try to change some of his bad habits. When is he going to learn?

At first I thought the guy was just playful, but now he's coming off as being a complete moron.

Moron for what? You are reaching, Beaseley has done NOTHING wrong.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#146 » by CoolD » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 am

Flash3 wrote:
kp117 wrote:
Bubstubbler wrote:i've gotta think that the only guys really doubting it's weed are the guys who haven't smoked much.

that there looks like a quarter to me. the real shame is that it looks like schwag.

No, you gotta think Beasley is a millionaire who has three cars, why would he be smoking schwag? It looks like schwag because it isn’t even weed. The bag should be purple or lime green if anything! Everybody wants to put two and two together about this to make accusations but don’t wanna stop and think why would there be STRAIGHT BUSH on the table instead of Kush.

Stereotypes are ingrained in the human DNA.

Who cares what it is or isn't. As much as I'm a fan of the kid and the team he plays for, he's an idiot for putting himself in this position. Whether it is X or Y isn't going to me of matter going forward, this issue is going to haunt him as much as the other one did earlier in the season during the rookie training camp, even though no evidence was found of him doing anything wrong.

Public perception is the biggest thing, and right now it isn't a positive one for Beasley.

Come on, that is pretty dumb, (though I do believe is weed, but maybe is someone else's bud laying around)
How could he be an idiot, if he puts a photo out there, that appears their is weed in a bag, when he never had weed there.

That would make him extremely unlucky. Is like when you hear of cases of someone being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Like some black guy that was driving a bike, and was arrested for raping a woman, did many years in the pen, but later DNA evidence proved his innocence.
Is it that guys fault he was driving a bike when a couple of blocks some other idiot rape a woman.
If that is not weed, Beasley is just unlucky, that it appears it is, but there is no way, he could predict it would appear that way.
So it does matter, if it is weed or not.

Though even if is weed, it could be someone else's bag laying there.I
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#147 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:51 am

Seiously..Mike's too talented that he can easily average 26 a game in a 82 game season given minutes..but its his attitude is just ehhh...
:hug:
candy for lunch
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#148 » by candy for lunch » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 am

YOU'RE AS COLD AS ICE
YOU'RE WILLING TO SACRIFICE
OUR BUD

®ated wrote:you got prolly the most cutest avatar ever :oops:

:wizard:
~*~ reppin the 28 holla ~*~
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#149 » by Joel Embust » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 am

Once again, this is only an issue in the states.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#150 » by Mamba Venom » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:47 am

Beasly better not get busted for anti-performance drugs
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,140

Post#151 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:48 am

I dont mind him cheefin in the offseason, just dont have in in your pics lol..
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#152 » by Mamba Venom » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:50 am

He was trying to recruit Odom!!!
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Ju Mad
Banned User

Post#153 » by Ju Mad » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:23 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Ju Mad wrote:
The humor is you are being racist against white people by suggesting people in this thread are white just because they think Beasley has a bag of marijuana on the table.

You too are perpetuating negative stereotypes and coming to assumptions.

What?

Look, I'm not gonna be your teacher or professor in this biitch because I don't have time to and I'm about to go but countless studies have been done that say the exact same thing I said in that first post. Countless studies, and they've been replicated several times. White people tend to view neutral actions done by Blacks as aggressive. They tend to associate more negative words and feelings towards Blacks.

This. is. fact.

I'm not gonna dance around that **** cause it makes yall mad. Hell, I think makin yall mad in my spare time is funny. Granted I didn't even expect to do it this time but still, amusin nonetheless.

I am pretty sure if they do the same number of studies in regards to some black people and their reactions to some white people and their actions it would come out that some black people tend to view anything critical, negative, questioning, etc as racist by some white people.

Well you shouldn't be sure about it because they tested Black people the same way they did whites and they did not associate negative feelings and aggressive behavior with white people. But its funny because you are again making an assumption about Black people even in your efforts to defend the assumptions that are documented to be made by White people when it comes to Blacks. Hilarity. You'd rather make **** up and say what might happen if they do even though there is no existing evidence to support that that would be the outcome?

I can't believe this kept going when I left to my girls last night. Yall mad at the truth for real :lol: This thread is the real live internet version of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ppK0jxPDJE
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by Flash3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:33 pm

kp117 wrote:Public perception? Do you know how incredibly ignorant the general public is concerning things about other people. You have such limited information with which to form your schema and you call that perception? Your perception is grounded in everything BUT fact. Don’t pretend to know about stuff that you haven’t the foggiest idea on. You masquerade around with blurry photos in hand and point fingers at Beasley? I've seen clearer pictures of God damn Big Foot in the forest break -dancing.

Public perception my arse

I'd rather not, but you can gladly your own. :lol:

Anyhow, OJ Simpson may not be guilty in a court of law for those murders in 94, but he'll always be guilty in the court of public opinion. It's the world we live in. And, right now Beasley is not doing anything to settle the issue he had early on in that hotel room.

I'm hoping someone can reach out to this kid and get to him. He's too talented and funny in his own right to waste his career/life doing this sort of stuff in the manner he chooses to do so.
llllllllllllll
Bench Warmer

Post#155 » by llllllllllllll » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:50 pm

It appears Michael Beasley thinks playing basketball is a fashion show. Heading down the Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson road.
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#156 » by rumdiary » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Looks like his second Twitter account (gorillabeas) has disappeared. Or am I not doing it right?
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#157 » by basketball royalty » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:11 pm

llllllllllllll wrote:It appears Michael Beasley thinks playing basketball is a fashion show. Heading down the Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson road.

Huh? Iverson has been an MVP and Melo is one of the best young players in the game. If you ask me he may be going done a Starbury road except he is doing it in his second year instead of his 12th. Maybe he'll take the Keon Clark road and be drunk or stoned 24/7? Anyways, its no biggie to smoke some reefer whether you are black or white but I wouldn't want him as the future of my franchise that is for sure.
props to Turbozone for the sig
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,649

Post#158 » by kyphi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:56 pm

White people tend to view neutral actions done by Blacks as aggressive. They tend to associate more negative words and feelings towards Blacks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Marijuana makes a person aggressive? That's news to me! This reminds me of the Dirk/Nash photos.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#159 » by TAI8 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:58 pm

This is just a stupid hate thread..I find it funny that some people are giving Beasley crap about smoking weed when approximately half of Real GM love and defend their weed in any and every thread discussing justification of pot use..Just goes to show the true intention behind this thread..
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by Flash3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 pm

TAI8 wrote:This is just a stupid hate thread..I find it funny that some people are giving Beasley crap about smoking weed when approximately half of Real GM love and defend their weed in any and every thread discussing justification of pot use..Just goes to show the true intention behind this thread..

He can do w/ever he wants, but to display it publicly in the manner in which he did; that's plain stupid.

Return to The General Board