Is Luka overrated?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,671

Re: Is Luka overrated? 

Post#161 » by Bornstellar » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:02 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:lmao ... If Luka had 2-3 MVP players on his team like Lebum no one would be saying anything about LUKA

You can't WIN anything on your own, I guess this why Lebum teams up with, Wade,Bosh, Love/Irving and recently/AD current top 5 center etc LUKA Is virtually by himself and he'll be In the hall of fame, with or with out chips, the dude Is a beast. Yes Luka has Irving atm, but Irving past his prime and washed up, Luka needs a real team build around him and he'll be fine. Out side my Lakers (Kobe fan) Luka Is my fav...

Let's go Luka

The only player on that list that is MVP level was Wade in their very first season together.

I'm not a LeBron fan but the whole "Le(insert insult)" thing is pretty cringe
ghillphx
Junior
And1: 433

Post#162 » by ghillphx » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:56 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:No. He’s an amazing, clutch talent with ball hogging and conditioning problems. If he fixes those two the sky is the limit

You are literally mistaking the word conditioning for body type. His conditioning is a non issue. Look at his damn minutes.

Actually you are confusing conditioning for body type-

When I hear body type from someone when pertaining to someone’s weight, I know they haven’t seen a gym or consistently trained ever in their life.

Body type would be the things you can’t change -

Conditioning in this sense would be how lean is Luka

The assumption is a lean Luka would be more explosive, have more energy throughout the game, better on defense and healthier over all.

We want to see Luka with MJs body… peak Luka

Have you played much basketball? When you play everyday, your body changes how it should to be your peak basketball shape. Only other thing you can do is lift weights. He's in the best shape of his life, we are midway through the season. Luka does not have MJ's body. No offense, but to think he could even have MJ's body is completely delusional and defies genetics completely.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,556

Post#163 » by dygaction » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:04 pm

ghillphx wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
You are literally mistaking the word conditioning for body type. His conditioning is a non issue. Look at his damn minutes.

Actually you are confusing conditioning for body type-

When I hear body type from someone when pertaining to someone’s weight, I know they haven’t seen a gym or consistently trained ever in their life.

The assumption is a lean Luka would be more explosive, have more energy throughout the game, better on defense and healthier over all.

Have you played much basketball? When you play everyday, your body changes how it should to be your peak basketball shape. Only other thing you can do is lift weights. He's in the best shape of his life, we are midway through the season. Luka does not have MJ's body. No offense, but to think he could even have MJ's body is completely delusional and defies genetics completely.

but imagine if Jokic were to have Dwight Howard's body
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#164 » by CobraCommander » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:46 am

dygaction wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Actually you are confusing conditioning for body type-

They would cancel the season right now -

We would have witnessed the pinnacle of what’s possible as humans.

But the truth is LUKA could get in MJ shape...dude ain’t fat...he skinny fat by athlete standards. But he ain’t above 15or 18% max body fat...
ghillphx
Junior

Post#165 » by ghillphx » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:04 am

CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:
ghillphx wrote:

But the truth is LUKA could get in MJ shape...dude ain’t fat...he skinny fat by athlete standards. But he ain’t above 15or 18% max body fat...

I've got no clue wtf you're talking about. Body types are body types. They have shapes. We have skeletons. Dudes never gonna look like MJ. Please.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#166 » by CobraCommander » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:14 am

ghillphx wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:

I've got no clue wtf you're talking about. Body types are body types. They have shapes. We have skeletons. Dudes never gonna look like MJ. Please.

Let me know your splits and I’ll give you mines.... I assure you I know what I’m talking about - and I know you clearly don’t cause you talking about shapes and I’m talking about conditioning leaness- which is clearly required to be the best possible athlete-

I’m not talking about MJs actual body...I’m talking about MJs leanness muscle mass which was maximized for basketball-

I have never met a man that trained properly 5-6 days a week, managed his calories and did daily cardio that didnt turn into a Greek god...and I’m talking fat asses that got sub 9% over time.

Luka ain’t gotta go usain bolt but he can’t be James harden....this is the opinion of other ballers like Dinwiddie and Curry - they laugh about him unlocking his body and how he will end the league cause he currently dominating with a sub optimal body.

Remember MJ and Lebron went and maximized their bodies as well.

These bodies are earned my neophyte (potentially lazy) friend lol
(Warned for this right here^)

Come to the DMV...give me 3 months and I’ll get you looking like MJ
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,556

Post#167 » by dygaction » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:23 am

CobraCommander wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:They would cancel the season right now -

Let me know your splits and I’ll give you mines.... I assure you I know what I’m talking about - and I know you clearly don’t cause you talking about shapes and I’m talking about conditioning leaness- which is clearly required to be the best possible athlete-

I’m not talking about MJs actual body...I’m talking about MJs leanness muscle mass which was maximized for basketball-

I have never met a man that trained properly 5-6 days a week, managed his calories and did daily cardio that didnt turn into a Greek god...and I’m talking fat asses that got sub 9% over time.

Luka ain’t gotta go usain bolt but he can’t be James harden....this is the opinion of other ballers like Dinwiddie and Curry - they laugh about him unlocking his body and how he will end the league cause he currently dominating with a sub optimal body.

Doesn't make sense at all. They all have modern atheletic trainings and know how to maximize. Otherwise, Shaq and Duncan should train for KG's body.
TheFire
Senior
And1: 1,050

Post#168 » by TheFire » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:57 am

A little bit. Dribbles the air out of the ball, freezes his teammates, and gives no effort on defense.
ghillphx
Junior

Post#169 » by ghillphx » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:30 am

dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
ghillphx wrote:

Doesn't make sense at all. They all have modern atheletic trainings and know how to maximize. Otherwise, Shaq and Duncan should train for KG's body.

Nah, I'm done arguing with that dude. Makes zero sense. Even mentioning Luka having Jordan's body is crazy AF.
ghillphx
Junior

Post#170 » by ghillphx » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:42 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
BloodNinja wrote:The obvious answer would be that his diet is terrible.

It just doesn’t seem possible for his diet to be that bad -

For all we knew he drinks a 24 pack a night. A guy his size and age, that isn't THAT crazy to imagine. I worked with a guy back in my early 20's who was an elite power lifter, similar age to me at the time. He ended up in rehab due to his drinking a 1.75 of vodka a day, and never missed a workout and kept getting strong. But he never looked remotely like a guy pulling 800+. He was not that classic "fat but round fat" power lifter. he legit was sloppy fat in places. He came back from that and was night and day different looking. No other changes...

Lots of assumptions here.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,747

Post#171 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:35 am

neo515 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
Stats are overrated. Simple facts. Are they useful? Yes. Are they overrated? Yes. Luka is another James Harden type. Huge weakness in his game in defense.

Saying this from the start, but Luka fanboys don't like the Harden comparison and would dig out some advanced stat to make an argument he's not a bad defender. Anyway, great player while dominating the ball, but pretty weak when it comes to off ball play and defense.

He gave last year's 64-win Suns team the most embarrassing beatdown in NBA playoff history, so he's obviously doing something right. And the fact that he's already made it as far in the playoffs as Harden, Nash, and CP3 despite playing with a roster half as talented as any of those guys had bodes well for his future prospects. You haters are like vultures, just circling around and chomping at the bit for an opportunity to spew some hate.

Jalen Brunson...
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,232

Post#172 » by Lalouie » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:37 am

no
Zespetjest
Senior
And1: 660

Post#173 » by Zespetjest » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:55 am

TheFire wrote:A little bit. Dribbles the air out of the ball, freezes his teammates, and gives no effort on defense.

Tell me you don’t watch Mavs at all without telling me
31 11 13, 48 11 5
ghillphx
Junior

Post#174 » by ghillphx » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:57 am

CobraCommander wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:They would cancel the season right now -

Also just realized you called me a neophyte, lazy. Calling someone lazy for having a different opinion than you is just disrespectful. Can't believe you're a RealGM on this site talking like this, talking like you're some sort of God. I don't need to defend myself on a basketball website, but I work out 6 days a week. I lift weights, do cross fit, do Jiu Jitsu. I'm in great shape, never had an issue staying in shape because of discipline. I know alot about body types and fitness, and Luka cannot have Jordan's body. Funny how you read this and get so offended that you attack people, you try to even guise it as a subtle nudge. Disrespectful.
Zespetjest
Senior
And1: 660

Post#175 » by Zespetjest » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:58 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
neo515 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Saying this from the start, but Luka fanboys don't like the Harden comparison and would dig out some advanced stat to make an argument he's not a bad defender. Anyway, great player while dominating the ball, but pretty weak when it comes to off ball play and defense.

He gave last year's 64-win Suns team the most embarrassing beatdown in NBA playoff history, so he's obviously doing something right. And the fact that he's already made it as far in the playoffs as Harden, Nash, and CP3 despite playing with a roster half as talented as any of those guys had bodes well for his future prospects. You haters are like vultures, just circling around and chomping at the bit for an opportunity to spew some hate.

Jalen Brunson...

:banghead:
Compared to Tatum who played alone against other teams and carried Celtics, right? Or Curry, or Joker, Giannnis… They ALL did it alone without any teammates?
31 11 13, 48 11 5
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,629

Post#176 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:08 am

There's something that doesn't fit the narrative for me, we have now enough sample size and really his on/off is nothing special.
That doesn't fit the mold of really top tier players, I suspect what's holding him back he doesn't create transition opportunities and his defensive effort.
Слава Украине!
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,587

Post#177 » by baldur » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:19 am

not overrated but basketball is still a team sport. the way he plays is not the best recipe for success.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,330

Post#178 » by KyRo23 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:23 am

SlimShady83 wrote:lmao ... If Luka had 2-3 MVP players on his team like Lebum no one would be saying anything about LUKA

You can't WIN anything on your own, I guess this why Lebum teams up with, Wade,Bosh, Love/Irving and recently/AD current top 5 center etc LUKA Is virtually by himself and he'll be In the hall of fame, with or with out chips, the dude Is a beast. Yes Luka has Irving atm, but Irving past his prime and washed up, Luka needs a real team build around him and he'll be fine. Out side my Lakers (Kobe fan) Luka Is my fav...

Let's go Luka

:lol: :lol: :lol:

First off, Luka has already had more talent on his team than LeBron had in his first 7 years in Cleveland

Actually that's it, there's not second off. That's all you need
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#179 » by msmoore66 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:05 am

No.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,747

Post#180 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:56 am

Zespetjest wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
neo515 wrote:

Jalen Brunson...

:banghead:
Compared to Tatum who played alone against other teams and carried Celtics, right? Or Curry, or Joker, Giannnis… They ALL did it alone without any teammates?

Luka is part of the problem. Brunson and Porzingis were run out of town. There's your championship team right there.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.

Return to The General Board