Does anyone even stand a hope against the Nuggets next year?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,432

Re: Does anyone even stand a hope against the Nuggets next year? 

Post#161 » by Gusto1903 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 5:51 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:
Gusto1903 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Nuggets had the easiest path to an NBA championship since like the 50s and there was like 8 teams then, of course its not going to be easy especially when they're entirely dependent on one player.

Easiest path how?

He’s probably referring to having to beat, in order, an 8th seed, 4th seed, 7th seed and 8th seed to win it all.

Yeah but these 8th, 4th, 7th and 8th seeds beat the "real contenders" on their path. So maybe those werent that easy to play.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#162 » by michaelm » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:23 am

Double
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#163 » by michaelm » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:27 am

Gusto1903 wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:
Gusto1903 wrote:
Easiest path how?

He’s probably referring to having to beat, in order, an 8th seed, 4th seed, 7th seed and 8th seed to win it all.

Yeah but these 8th, 4th, 7th and 8th seeds beat the "real contenders" on their path. So maybe those werent that easy to play.

Yes. The Lakers with their late season roster changes were much better than they had been for most of the regular season.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,087

Post#164 » by Wingy » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:18 am

nikster wrote:
Lost Angel wrote:the Nuggets are awfully proud of sweeping a team that was together for only a few months…

no chance that happens again, Lakers in 6 this time around.

Lakers fans still reveling in their moral victory :lol:

My mind went…”huh?”

“The Heat were together all year…”

read rest of post.

“OOOHHH. The Lakers.”

Now I’ve remembered the Heat didn’t get swept. Unlike…the Lakers.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,394

Post#165 » by hardenASG13 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 12:08 pm

Gusto1903 wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:
Gusto1903 wrote:
Easiest path how?

1. Minnesota didn't beat anyone, and were without a few key rotation guys.
2. Phoenix had played like 12 games together, had 0 bench (they do now) and struggled each game vs the clips who were led by Westbrook.
3. The Lakers were decent. Old but decent.
4. Miami beat Milwaukee, like every basically every good team who's played them in the Giannis/Middleton Era has done. Got by the Knicks and then beat Boston due to the Tatum injury in game 7. How they got up 3-0 on Boston remains a mystery to me. With all that, they were a shell of what they were in round 1 by the time they reached the finals. It was plain to see, they had no business being in the finals and were relying on Kyle Lowry for late game shots.

It was a very easy path. I'd consider them the favorites this year, but many teams have a chance to beat them.
DC_Melo
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,372

Post#166 » by DC_Melo » Wed Sep 6, 2023 12:55 pm

The Nuggets are a great team, and I see them as strong favorites to win it this upcoming season, buuuut…

I’ve heard rumors that in the sports world, these things called underdogs exist. Apparently, these wretched scum find ways to steal wins over stronger opponents when nobody expects it.

Again… just a rumor.
edededtut
Senior
And1: 699

Post#167 » by edededtut » Wed Sep 6, 2023 1:01 pm

a lot depends on whether jokic stops partying before the playoffs
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,951

Post#168 » by One Last Shot » Wed Sep 6, 2023 1:12 pm

Wingy wrote:
nikster wrote:
Lost Angel wrote:the Nuggets are awfully proud of sweeping a team that was together for only a few months…

no chance that happens again, Lakers in 6 this time around.

Lakers fans still reveling in their moral victory :lol:

My mind went…”huh?”

“The Heat were together all year…”

read rest of post.

“OOOHHH. The Lakers.”

Now I’ve remembered the Heat didn’t get swept. Unlike…the Lakers.

Lol. Lakers-Nuggets series was much closer compared to the Finals snoozefest. 3 out of 4 games came down to the wire while the Heat stole a game because the refs allowed them to. NBA Finals is the 2nd most one-sided series last playoffs after the Sixers-Nets series and easily one of the most boring Finals in recent memory.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,578

Post#169 » by Pennebaker » Wed Sep 6, 2023 2:03 pm

The Suns and the Lakers. I mean, the Nuggets were a 53-win team. They're the 2022 Warriors not the 2017 Warriors.
UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 755

Post#170 » by UglyBugBall » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:57 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:IMO, Nuggets are one of the 5 weakest championship teams since 2000. I doubt they're going to repeat, in fact I doubt they even make the WCF again. In the west alone Dallas, Suns and Lakers are likely to be better with several other teams neck and neck. In the east you have Boston and Mil clearly better, and a few others right there too.

I love the Mavs but they are not contenders. They barely improved during the summer (Grant Williams and Curry) and i dont trust Irving to stay healthy and to mesh with Luka. Phoenix has no depth and Durant and Beal have issues staying healthy. James is old/cant stay healthy and Davis is injury prone as well. Denver lacks depth but they have the best player in the league in Joker, a great #2 in the back court (Murray) and some good pieces in Gordon, Porter, and KCP. The west is theirs to lose.

Dallas improved more than any team this off season; Lively, Exum, Grant, Curry, DJJ. They basically got 5 starters worth of talent there. Then you have Hardy and Green another year better.

They are the deepest team in the West right now.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,126

Post#171 » by Effigy » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:13 pm

DC_Melo wrote:The Nuggets are a great team, and I see them as strong favorites to win it this upcoming season, buuuut…

I’ve heard rumors that in the sports world, these things called underdogs exist. Apparently, these wretched scum find ways to steal wins over stronger opponents when nobody expects it.

Again… just a rumor.

Just looking at Vegas odds, the Nuggets themselves are underdogs, as Vegas only gives them the third best odds to win the title.
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,677

Post#172 » by Bornstellar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:31 pm

The Nuggets beat the teams in front of them like every other champion. Why do people feel they need to undermine and disrespect the champs because of something outside of their control? It's lame
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,469

Post#173 » by zimpy27 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:32 pm

I would not bet on Nuggets to win..

They looked like they had next after 19-20 but it took 3 seasons to have a healthy team in the playoffs.

They have bigger health issues than people give credit. And they got slightly worse in offseason while a few other contenders got better.

If they get a healthy team in the playoffs then the odds change. I would not bet on Lakers either.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,967

Post#174 » by Quattro » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:40 pm

Wasn’t long ago that people had a thread like this about the Nets. So ya I’m gonna say yes…. Several teams stand a chance
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,369

Post#175 » by CobraCommander » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:55 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Lakers
Suns

Sun, Boston, bucks, Dallas and wiz
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,469

Post#176 » by zimpy27 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:57 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Suns

Wiz? :D

But yeah Boston and Bucks def have a chance. Dallas could be anything but I don't like their C position.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,369

Post#177 » by CobraCommander » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:59 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Suns

Wiz? :D

But yeah Boston and Bucks def have a chance. Dallas could be anything but I don't like their C position.

Wiz are the definition of a trap game- we will win the reg season series because it’s a trap game
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#178 » by ShootersShoot » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:07 pm

Man the west is insanely deep..they have 5 teams who have finished top three in the conference the past couple of years (Phx, Den, Sac, Mem, GSW)..Then we have both LA teams who have talented SL and benches. Then there are the bubble teams like OKC, Pels, Twolves, who are all intriguing with some star talent. There's Dallas with Luka/Kyrie..

Any of these teams can beat each other on any given night. I'd say five of them have a shot at the finals.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#179 » by ShootersShoot » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:13 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:IMO, Nuggets are one of the 5 weakest championship teams since 2000. I doubt they're going to repeat, in fact I doubt they even make the WCF again. In the west alone Dallas, Suns and Lakers are likely to be better with several other teams neck and neck. In the east you have Boston and Mil clearly better, and a few others right there too.

I love the Mavs but they are not contenders. They barely improved during the summer (Grant Williams and Curry) and i dont trust Irving to stay healthy and to mesh with Luka. Phoenix has no depth and Durant and Beal have issues staying healthy. James is old/cant stay healthy and Davis is injury prone as well. Denver lacks depth but they have the best player in the league in Joker, a great #2 in the back court (Murray) and some good pieces in Gordon, Porter, and KCP. The west is theirs to lose.

Dallas improved more than any team this off season; Lively, Exum, Grant, Curry, DJJ. They basically got 5 starters worth of talent there. Then you have Hardy and Green another year better.

Those five players you named started 30 games total last season. If we remove grant williams, curry/DJJ/Exum started 7 games total. Exum has not played in the league in basically three seasons. Lively is a 19 year old rookie. None of those guys except MAYBE grant williams is currently starting caliber, although I do think both he and seth will be reliable rotation guys.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#180 » by Dick Tate » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:29 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

:lol: Helluva thread bump.

Return to The General Board