Shaq being disrespectful

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,514

Re: Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#161 » by og15 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:38 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:Check out this manchilds last couple Instagram posts. He’s insufferable. Grown man in his 50s referring to himself as an apex predator all because Shannon Sharpe called him out on the Jokic bs.

I believe they did call him an apex predator in their discussion, but who would expect Shaq to take criticism like that gracefully? No surprise.

Shaq is not a bad human, Shaq likely hasn't dealt with a lot of little and/or big T traumas from his childhood/past and the effect of those experiences will come out in some shape or form.

Even look at something like his interview with JJ and how he talks about it being disrespectful to him when he's not doubled and that's what for example led to the Chris Dudley dunk and push, but like it shouldn't be that serious lol
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,778

Post#162 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 12:39 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:Check out this manchilds last couple Instagram posts. He’s insufferable. Grown man in his 50s referring to himself as an apex predator all because Shannon Sharpe called him out on the Jokic bs.

He's a predator alright. Dude girlfriend is younger than his own kids. :noway:
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,778

Post#163 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:The reason why this is weird is because Shaq actually likes the Joker, or at least always acted in such way. This is kind of coming out of the blue.

If you think this was harsh check out his IG post about Shannon Sharpe. :lol:

Shaq has issues. Dude is one of the richest athletes and was known for being the most dominant, but man he really hates on other greats for no reason.

You know what’s funny is the people who defend Shaq like it is normal behaviour. Classic narcissist behaviour on Shaq’s part
He is petty. Any little thing that offends him he will hold a grudge.

He tries to bully Chuck on every show. Like dude why are you always so upset you have everything in life. Be happy and stop hating on others.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,995

Post#164 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 10, 2024 12:52 pm

og15 wrote:

I believe they did call him an apex predator in their discussion, but who would expect Shaq to take criticism like that gracefully? No surprise.

Shaq is not a bad human, Shaq likely hasn't dealt with a lot of little and/or big T traumas from his childhood/past and the effect of those experiences will come out in some shape or form.

Even look at something like his interview with JJ and how he talks about it being disrespectful to him when he's not doubled and that's what for example led to the Chris Dudley dunk and push, but like it shouldn't be that serious lol

Not all narcissists are bad humans.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#165 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 pm

art_tatum wrote:Ofc shaq would be threatened by joker winning it 3 times. He's a center, shaq knows he's not goat but he has some pride about being the best or one of the best centers to ever play the game. He feels like he should've been given more mvps.
You clearly see his bias towards heaping praise on the little guys like curry and sga but belittling bigs that get recognition like when Howard was winning awards.

The only reason Shaq didn’t get more MVPs was himself. He should have taken basketball and regular season more seriously. Instead of stuffing his face in the off season he should have gotten into shape.
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,974

Post#166 » by TheGeneral99 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:59 pm

dj20001 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
dj20001 wrote:
Nash definitely had the perfect storm of efficiency, a better roster around him compared to the 2010 Lakers for example, revolutionary system and good health.

Great for him but back to back MVPs was and still is a little too much

To be fair, that roster did crap all without him. He was the entire engine of the team that increased everyone's efficiency like very little could do.

That first MVP was just about the entire shock of how the Suns could win that many games. We all know Nash didn't win those MVPs based on his individual skillset.

All of those players had careers, all star ones at that, outside of their seasons with Nash (maybe Barbosa didn't - but he's arguably better than any player on the Lakers other than Kobe from 2004-2006 and he was a sixth man in Phoenix.) Can't say the same for the supporting casts of his contemporaries.

Definitely not Kobe, Shaq probably has less of a leg to stand on with Wade, Eddie Jones and others as teammates in Miami during this time period.

What about the 2006 season?

Lost Joe Johnson to free agency and Amare tore his ACL and missed the entire season. What did the Suns do? They won 54 games and took the Mavs to 6 games in the conference finals because Nash was so **** dominant.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#167 » by life_saver » Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 pm

lol Shaq is so insecure

Read on Twitter
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,514

Post#168 » by og15 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:19 pm

life_saver wrote:lol Shaq is so insecure

Read on Twitter

The good old I'm better than you, therefore I win.

Pretty sure these guys didn't say that to so many of their coaches who were "scrub" players when they played in the NBA or no didn't even get to that level. "Coach, I'm better then you therefore I know what's best".

Ah well, criticism is tough, and public criticism is even tougher. And yes, Sharpe is bringing in controversial topics because it will get more clicks, as long as you do that without being blatantly disrespectful, it's all good.

AleksandarN wrote:
og15 wrote:

Not all narcissists are bad humans.

Yea, for sure, never suggested that anyone said they were, simply mentioning the reality.
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 327

Post#169 » by Slimjimzv » Fri May 10, 2024 4:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Was that even in English? I've never been a fan of Shaq. Unparalleled physical tools matched by his unparalleled narcissism. He was never a team player, and he's not a team player on TNT. Ernie, Chuck, and Kenny are great. They actually pay attention to the games and provide insight. Shaq just talks about what he would have done and gives Chuck dirty looks. I'd love it if they replaced him with someone who actually makes the team better.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,902

Post#170 » by JJ_PR » Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 pm

What the heck is this thread? I thought that exchange between Shaq and Joker was wholesome.

Am I the only one who didn't understand a single thing Jokic said?
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#171 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 10, 2024 5:30 pm

Read on Twitter

That’s pathetic like I said Shaq is pretty petty
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,673

Post#172 » by GeorgeSears » Fri May 10, 2024 5:37 pm

Shaq makes even less sense when he's sober.
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,974

Post#173 » by TheGeneral99 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:39 pm

Shaq is very sensitive it's fascinating to watch.

It's actually too bad because he's a likeable, funny, and good natured guy at times, but other times comes off as petty, insecure and vindictive.
Castle Black
Lead Assistant
And1: 13,314

Post#174 » by Castle Black » Fri May 10, 2024 5:47 pm

Shaq just released a diss track for Shannon Sharpe. Not kidding lol.

Read on Twitter
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,344

Post#175 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:49 pm

The diss track lmaooo
Castle Black
Lead Assistant
And1: 13,314

Post#176 » by Castle Black » Fri May 10, 2024 5:52 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:The diss track lmaooo

This Drake v. Kendrick rap beef got people acting different, even 50 year-olds :lol:
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,096

Post#177 » by Shock Defeat » Fri May 10, 2024 6:00 pm

NBC needs to get the rights to NBA that way they can tell Shaq to GTFO.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#178 » by dygaction » Fri May 10, 2024 6:04 pm

SFour wrote:Shaq is definitely lame for this....he needs to take a step back and think about how he would feel if he just won the MVP award and a TV analyst said to his face that they think Steve Nash should've won...we all know Shaq would be pissed.

But the reality is Shaq was on the other receiving side when Nash won his first MVP... He knows it warms a heart :nod:
davidv2001
Sophomore
And1: 128

Post#179 » by davidv2001 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:13 pm

This is just another example showing Sports Journalism standards are nonexistent. If Shaq wants to openly criticize a player or say that he disagrees with who won an award in an interview, he should not work for TNT. He is free to do that from any social media platform he chooses.

It’s also one thing if he said it during a random discussion Kenny, Ernie, Chuck and him were having on the show. But, to do so during an on-air announcement of the award and interview with said winner is not right. I have my degree in Broadcast Journalism, and if I conducted myself in a panel discussion and interview the way he did surrounding the MVP announcement, I’d either be given some mandated time off or fired.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#180 » by dygaction » Fri May 10, 2024 6:14 pm

art_tatum wrote:Ofc shaq would be threatened by joker winning it 3 times. He's a center, shaq knows he's not goat but he has some pride about being the best or one of the best centers to ever play the game. He feels like he should've been given more mvps.
You clearly see his bias towards heaping praise on the little guys like curry and sga but belittling bigs that get recognition like when Howard was winning awards.

He enjoys talk heads talking about true centers extinction after Shaq; the revival of centers like Embiid and Joker is great; last center this dominant was Shaq... but sure does not want to listen to something like true centers extinction after Jokic... This is like KAJ's forced smile celebrating LeBron's most points in NBA history.

Return to The General Board