“Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises”

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,408

Re: “Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises” 

Post#161 » by MalonesElbows » Sun May 12, 2024 1:21 pm

He'll never be a top 5 superstar but the emergence of Derrick White gets Tatum his ring this year. Jordan was 28 when he got his 1st of 6. Tatum is 26.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,687

Post#162 » by 165bows » Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:
165bows wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:
this

This theme gets said around here all the time, and Tatum is totally right to call it out when it’s used by the media.

White - total nobody until he played with Tatum.
Holiday - so good he’s almost an all-star.
Brown - check his contract extension thread, super over rated, routinely claimed he’s only he’s an all-nba guy because he “plays with Tatum/on a stacked team.”
Horford - great when he played with Tatum, left in FA and was a total bust and washed salary dump on two different teams until he came back to Boston.
Porzingis - an irrelevant salary dump bust until this year.
Brogdon - grabs a 6MOTY award.

OTOH the list of guys who have crashed and burned not next to Tatum:
Horford (as mentioned above)
Brogdon now totally irrelevant.
Grant Williams - biggest year over year crater ever.
Hayward/Rozier/Smart/Theis etc etc guys who went into the playoffs with Tatum and then promptly disappeared or landed on “worst contract” lists.

Tl;dr it’s a cute line but it’s stupid and hides the total double standard people use with the Celtics.

We didn’t have the Coach of the Year. We didn’t have the MVP. We only had two All-Stars. They say we’re a superteam, but we didn’t get rewarded like we are. We know we’ve got a good team. We’re not perfect. We play the right way more often than not. We know we gotta be better.”

Reward = home court advantage
I understand what he is saying, they didn't get the awards but the Celtics are still a quality/superteam. Also their players qualify for some of the awards if anything. They got even better this season with Jrue(former all star, quality player) and Zinger(former all star, quality player). Jrue 15pts already vs Cavs game 3.

Their starting 5 is the best in the league and with an above average bench.

Go to the trade board over the past two years and find me where someone wanted to send a second round pick for anyone behind Horford on the Celtics’ bench lol.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,335

Post#163 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 12, 2024 2:24 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
robbie84 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Have fun not winning a chip this year again and being handicapped to a $300 million player who can't go to his left and another who only shoots threes and is closer to Tobias Harris than a top 10 player.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

What a weak, petty argument. You are so insanely jealous of the Celtics you have to resort to comments like Tatum being closer to Harris than a top 10 player. No one takes you seriously dude. You get really upset and emotional about so much in any thread that involves your team's rivals. I get that it's tough that the 76ers have injury issues and your best player was disappointing vs the Knicks with his antics, but this ain't life or death bro. Go enjoy the offseason.

This entire board is like that lol. Everyone revels in the other teams issues, and inability to win. Stop acting like everyone doesn't love it when the Sixers lose. So the rest of the board is allowed to do that, but others aren't when other teams have issues? LOL.

Maybe if their fans weren’t insufferable we’d change our tune…
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,572

Post#164 » by Scarletfire81 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:50 pm

I have a feeling this thread is not going to age well. LOL
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,116

Post#165 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 12, 2024 3:00 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
DaGawd wrote:jesus

3toheadmelo wrote:Ingles > Tatum

We need your take on this

Thank you for your curse based Chanel
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,840

Post#166 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun May 12, 2024 3:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Read on Twitter

You're welcome.

The way I manipulate the curse is masterful.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,721

Post#167 » by shi-woo » Sun May 12, 2024 3:05 pm

Another must win game, another big Tatum performance. on both ends...Almost like he does it on purpose just to troll you guys
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,394

Post#168 » by PierceFan4ever » Sun May 12, 2024 3:39 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:So no one gives consideration to Tatum's defense, which is elite for a top scorer? Offensively he's hot and cold, but at the other end he's consistently good.

This, so much this. Last night his defense and rebounding was what stood out more than his 33 points imo. He was giving the Cavs hell defensively and had to play center pretty much most of the game cause Al was useless getting abused by Mitchell or garland in switches so JT’s help defense whenever a Cavs player drove in was huge. It doesnt show up in the stat sheet but last night was one of the best defensive games I’ve seen from Tatum and kept that aggression on both ends start to finish.
chudak
Senior
And1: 336

Post#169 » by chudak » Sun May 12, 2024 3:52 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:So no one gives consideration to Tatum's defense, which is elite for a top scorer? Offensively he's hot and cold, but at the other end he's consistently good.

This, so much this. Last night his defense and rebounding was what stood out more than his 33 points imo. He was giving the Cavs hell defensively and had to play center pretty much most of the game cause Al was useless getting abused by Mitchell or garland in switches so JT’s help defense whenever a Cavs player drove in was huge. It doesnt show up in the stat sheet but last night was one of the best defensive games I’ve seen from Tatum and kept that aggression on both ends start to finish.

Tatum is a great player, this MJ thing is just a funny quote that made people laugh :)
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,745

Post#170 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 pm

Changing my opinion. He’s like the Kevin Durant of Scottie Pippens
Sign here
Above The Rim
Sophomore
And1: 160

Post#171 » by Above The Rim » Sun May 12, 2024 4:20 pm

I remember Harris being mentioned as a comparison for Tatum’s floor when he was first drafted. Somewhat similar size and game style. Don’t think it’s that insulting to either player lol and I love Tatum.
chudak
Senior
And1: 336

Post#172 » by chudak » Sun May 12, 2024 4:55 pm

Above The Rim wrote:I remember Harris being mentioned as a comparison for Tatum’s floor when he was first drafted. Somewhat similar size and game style. Don’t think it’s that insulting to either player lol and I love Tatum.

Dont remember that but it makes the quote even more epic then :)

The quote is not insulting, its more like a friendly roast
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,264

Post#173 » by Calvin Klein » Sun May 12, 2024 5:17 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Changing my opinion. He’s like the Kevin Durant of Scottie Pippens

Is this supposed to be a good thing?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,745

Post#174 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:23 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Changing my opinion. He’s like the Kevin Durant of Scottie Pippens

Is this supposed to be a good thing?

Lol. Interpret as you like.
Sign here
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,411

Post#175 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:26 pm

I have this sinking feeling that comparing top 20 players to Tobias Harris somehow will still be a thing a year from now.
BernteB
Senior
And1: 907

Post#176 » by BernteB » Sun May 12, 2024 5:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Read on Twitter

11/25 fg
2/8 3s

as tatum as tatum can be.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,103

Post#177 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 12, 2024 5:52 pm

This thread is so disrespectful.

He's like the Michael Jordan of Paul George's at least.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,112

Post#178 » by bisme37 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:52 pm

I keep thinking surely this thread will be dead and buried when I get online today but since it's still active...

I thought this was incredibly mature and intelligent response from JT last night and media and criticism and haters. Apparently some people want to punch him in the face just for existing but I'm proud and thankful to have a great player on my team who happens to not be a meathead.

Read on Twitter

Said this last week too:

Read on Twitter
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#179 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 12, 2024 5:57 pm

BernteB wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Read on Twitter

11/25 fg
2/8 3s

as tatum as tatum can be.

57% TS which is around league average with elite defense and 13 rebounds 6 assists. great well rounded game by him which is what he usually does.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#180 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 pm

bisme37 wrote:I keep thinking surely this thread will be dead and buried when I get online today but since it's still active...

I thought this was incredibly mature and intelligent response from JT last night and media and criticism and haters. Apparently some people want to punch him in the face just for existing but I'm proud and thankful to have a great player on my team who happens to not be a meathead.

Read on Twitter

Said this last week too:

Read on Twitter

the hate for him is weird. he's a pretty intelligent humble person that handles criticism pretty well and has improved his game every year. i guess it's cause he's on a very good boston team and people want to see him/boston fail. i dont know.

i do know on the knicks board a lot of the people that hate him are the same ones that wanted to draft frank ntilikina over him. lol

Return to The General Board