2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,510

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1601 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 3:30 am

MrGoat wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
swyftdahoe wrote:For as good as he is, DM is terrible to watch. He ices his teammates with his style. It’s so predictable and must be relatively easy to defend.

Thank you somebody is seeing this as well. Let's list down the "chuckers" remaining in these playoffs;

Luka
Murray
Edwards

All of above, their teammates understands and even support their need to chuck. No chemistry problem at all. DM's Cavs' teammates? i just don't see it.

You forgot Brunson, the biggest chucker of all, 27.2 FG per game this playoffs. Though it's harder to notice with his extremely friendly whistle

Yeah my bad, Brunson too indeed. It’s like his teammates couldn’t care less if he shoots 50 shots a game and they still love him.

Again, Mitchell could be on the same level as these guys scoring-wise, but there’s just no chemistry at all and his teammates are not playing for/with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,277

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1602 » by Zeno » Sun May 12, 2024 3:32 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
I swear... it's like people expected them to 82-0 and then 16-0 in the playoffs lol

I'm actually making an argument that you can't read into their bad games too much but you guys do you and fight the Knicks fan.

But it doesn’t make sense. They’ve been the most consistent team this season. Only lost 20 games total and 4 games by more than 10.

Jekyll and Hyde doesn’t fit their narrative.

Jekyll and Hyde would be a team like the Heat

Just for argument’s sake, did Jekyll spend exactly half his time as Hyde or was it just when he occasionally drank the green bubbling potion like in the Bugs Bunny cartoons?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 259

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1603 » by cavs4872 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:37 am

mg wrote:Overall Cavs effort wasn't good enough especially the first 3 quarters. I know Allen is out but Cavs badly out rebounded tonight. Even Jrue had as many boards as Mobley.

Yeah, I hate to see Wade back and he gets significant minutes playing center as the only big out there... just ridiculous.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,238

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1604 » by Mamba81p » Sun May 12, 2024 3:38 am

I wonder if knicks will have the same success rebounding the ball against the Celtics as they did against sixers/pacers. Celtics have great rebounders all around. They are small so they have issues with bigger bodies like embiid/jokic but that's not how this version of knicks, without randle and robinson, do the damage on the glass.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Post#1605 » by The Corey's » Sun May 12, 2024 3:38 am

Zeno wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
I'm actually making an argument that you can't read into their bad games too much but you guys do you and fight the Knicks fan.

But it doesn’t make sense. They’ve been the most consistent team this season. Only lost 20 games total and 4 games by more than 10.

Just for argument’s sake, did Jekyll spend exactly half his time as Hyde or was it just when he occasionally drank the green bubbling potion like in the Bugs Bunny cartoons?

If the Celtics are Jekyll and Hyde then the rest of the NBA is straight up schizophrenic.

The Celtics are the most consistent team in the NBA.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,277

Post#1606 » by Zeno » Sun May 12, 2024 3:42 am

The Corey's wrote:
Zeno wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

If the Celtics are Jekyll and Hyde then the rest of the NBA is straight up schizophrenic.

Just to be annoyingly accurate the Wizards and Pistons were more consistent than the Celtics.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,740

Post#1607 » by California Gold » Sun May 12, 2024 3:50 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Celtics win the game, the series, the East

NYK has something to say about that in the ECF.

If they could field a full roster we'd agree but they have no chance being shorthanded.

The city of Boston in sports usually owns New York as well. It will be no different this year. Daddy taking son out for a spanking.
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 637

Post#1608 » by donkki » Sun May 12, 2024 3:52 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
If they could field a full roster we'd agree but they have no chance being shorthanded.

its not the ECF yet. There's Time for OG to return. We don't know if the Cs will have KP.

Knicks will still be down Randle/Robinson/Bogdanovic... just too much to overcome against the firepower of the Celtics.

With OG the Celtics are certainly beatable. I view the Celtics' bench as big weakness. It is really weak.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Post#1609 » by The Corey's » Sun May 12, 2024 3:58 am

Zeno wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Zeno wrote:Just for argument’s sake, did Jekyll spend exactly half his time as Hyde or was it just when he occasionally drank the green bubbling potion like in the Bugs Bunny cartoons?

Just to be annoyingly accurate the Wizards and Pistons were more consistent than the Celtics.

Constantly losing.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,815

Post#1610 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 12, 2024 4:03 am

donkki wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
its not the ECF yet. There's Time for OG to return. We don't know if the Cs will have KP.

Knicks will still be down Randle/Robinson/Bogdanovic... just too much to overcome against the firepower of the Celtics.

With OG the Celtics are certainly beatable. I view the Celtics' bench as big weakness. It is really weak.

Pretty much every team left has a weak bench.

Celtics: Horford, Pritchard, Hauser
Cavs: Levert, Wade, Tristan Thompson?
Knicks: Mcbride, Burks, Sims ?
Pacers: TJ, Obi, Shephard

Nuggets: Reggie Jackson, Watson, Braun
Wolves: Naz, NAW, Anderson
Mavs: Lively, Green, Hardaway
OKC: Wiggins, Joe, Wallace, Jaylin Williams

Pritchard has been one of the best bench guys so far. Once Horford goes back to the bench, I’d argue they’ve got one of the stronger benches along with Wolves.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,089

Post#1611 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Sun May 12, 2024 4:32 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Boston is Jekyll and Hyde.

They’ve lost 20 games all season….

Yes…but the narrative.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,089

Post#1612 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Sun May 12, 2024 4:33 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

I swear... it's like people expected them to 82-0 and then 16-0 in the playoffs lol

Including a lot of our own fans.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,815

Post#1613 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 12, 2024 4:38 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Yes…but the narrative.

6-2 in the playoffs with an average winning margin of 21 points….
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#1614 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 12, 2024 4:39 am

JonFromVA wrote:
RB34 wrote:Not as many Celtics haters in here trying to theirs after that one.

They come crawling out of the woodwork when they see the Celtics losing. The hate is a weird kind of respect.

True but at the same time all the Celtics fans disappeared after game 2, you couldn't find a Celtic logo for pages. If the Mavs win or lose I'm going to stick around to comment about it even if it's to say the Mavs sucked tonight.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,514

Post#1615 » by RB34 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:46 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
RB34 wrote:Not as many Celtics haters in here trying to theirs after that one.

They come crawling out of the woodwork when they see the Celtics losing. The hate is a weird kind of respect.

True but at the same time all the Celtics fans disappeared after game 2, you couldn't find a Celtic logo for pages. If the Mavs win or lose I'm going to stick around to comment about it even if it's to say the Mavs sucked tonight.

Why would be in there when it was just a bunch of trolls that haven’t been seen since game 2 of round 1?

The thread was barely moving until the second half when the Cavs lead ballooned and then the thread exploded with I told you so’s..
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#1616 » by stuporman » Sun May 12, 2024 4:59 am

I agree with the sentiment here that Celtics hating looks to be a part time hobby and I will compare it to the Knicks haters doing it as a full time job with overtime.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,868

Post#1617 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:04 am

RB34 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Why would be in there when it was just a bunch of trolls that haven’t been seen since game 2 of round 1?

The thread was barely moving until the second half when the Cavs lead ballooned and then the thread exploded with I told you so’s..

Honestly, as someone who post in both my teams thread and the general playoffs thread, when the team is losing, I rather just vent with the other fans instead of arguing with opposing fans. There is a comfort of another fan checking you and putting things into prospective instead of an opposing fan who don’t watch your team regularly. I haven’t been on the Boston’s page but I am willing to bet Game 2 thread is probably longer than Game 1 and 3. Losing really get the argument going between fans.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,514

Post#1618 » by RB34 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:24 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
RB34 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Honestly, as someone who post in both my teams thread and the general playoffs thread, when the team is losing, I rather just vent with the other fans instead of arguing with opposing fans. There is a comfort of another fan checking you and putting things into prospective instead of an opposing fan who don’t watch your team regularly. I haven’t been on the Boston’s page but I am willing to bet Game 2 thread is probably longer than Game 1 and 3. Losing really get the argument going between fans.

100%

Our loss threads are brutal. Everyone is getting traded and Joe is getting fired.

I’m all for fanbases going at each other but you’ve gotta take it as much as you give it.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,662

Post#1619 » by Jaqua92 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:38 am

RB34 wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
RB34 wrote:

100%

Our loss threads are brutal. Everyone is getting traded and Joe is getting fired.

I’m all for fanbases going at each other but you’ve gotta take it as much as you give it.

Our loss threads are entirely intolerable of venting, unless it's venting that the majority deems acceptable. People who want to vent are better suited to come to the GB...they won't be bullied and attacked out of the forum like they would be on the Celtic board, which condones that kind of behavior
bucknut
Junior
And1: 121

Post#1620 » by bucknut » Sun May 12, 2024 5:40 am

cavs roster sucks. it's mitchell and mobley and bums. Garland looks like a middle schooler out there playing

Return to The General Board