2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,054

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1661 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 4:32 pm

titlebound1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
thinktank wrote:
Yeah you said that already. Tatum failed spectacularly against the lower seeded Heat. Nothing you can do about it now but repeat yourself and troll. That loss really **** you up. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Seriously.

Is it true that Tatum has a career playoff PER of 19?

Spoiler:
Ant's is 24.8 and he's only 22.

No reason to hate on Tatum when he's doing that--unless you're a Celtics fan.;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad effort. If you want to dig through my post you could find a hundred better ones to illustrate this horrendous take.

While this dude you crowned MJ is losing to a guy who rather play with his horses, Tatum is on his way to who knows how many championship series at this point. I've lost count.

Don't you worry you sweet little head though. Celtics will take care of the Nuggets when the time comes.

Ant is just the flavor of the month. He's won a single playoff series, and now he's the goat. It's pretty wild...but also on par with sports opinions in 2024

I think the opinion that Ant > Tatum is supported by a lot of objective stats as well as eye test. Ant is putting up playoff stats that Tatum never has, as evidenced by Ant’s playoff career PER, as a 22 year old, being +5 over Tatum’s, who is about 5 years older.

But hey, you’re entitled to your outrageous opinion in the world of sports in 2024.

And I’m free to disagree with you.
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,742

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1662 » by CoP » Mon May 13, 2024 4:46 pm

Life is good
Spoiler:
kivancb
Junior
And1: 422

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1663 » by kivancb » Mon May 13, 2024 4:51 pm

thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Bad effort. If you want to dig through my post you could find a hundred better ones to illustrate this horrendous take.

While this dude you crowned MJ is losing to a guy who rather play with his horses, Tatum is on his way to who knows how many championship series at this point. I've lost count.

Don't you worry you sweet little head though. Celtics will take care of the Nuggets when the time comes.

Ant is just the flavor of the month. He's won a single playoff series, and now he's the goat. It's pretty wild...but also on par with sports opinions in 2024

I think the opinion that Ant > Tatum is supported by a lot of objective stats as well as eye test. Ant is putting up playoff stats that Tatum never has, as evidenced by Ant’s playoff career PER, as a 22 year old, being +5 over Tatum’s, who is about 5 years older.

But hey, you’re entitled to your outrageous opinion in the world of sports in 2024.

Hey, Ant has appeared in 19 playoff games thus far and won exactly one playoff series.

JT on the other hand has played in 102 playoff games and won 11 of them already.

Think before tanking.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1664 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 5:03 pm

kivancb wrote:
thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:

Hey, Ant has appeared in 19 playoff games thus far and won exactly one playoff series.

JT on the other hand has played in 102 playoff games and won 11 of them already.

Think before tanking.

You’re not refuting anything I said. Ant’s numbers at 22 are absolutely as good or better than Tatum’s.

It’s a team game and Tatum didn’t win those series be himself. You know that. Hence the need for individual comparison.

It’s not surprising that Celtics fans think they’re own player in Tatum > Ant.

I just disagree. :)

NOTE: I’m only in this thread because someone said Tatum is hated more than he’s loved, and I defended Tatum and think he’s a great player!
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,433

Post#1665 » by titlebound1 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:08 pm

thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

You're talking about a really really small sample size vs a player who has already been to the finals and 4 ECF. Including a game 7 ECF against LeBron James when he was younger than ant is now. It's a crazy argument. One has sustained success. The other has won a single playoff series.

And that's not to say that Ant won't end up being the better player. Maybe he will be. I have nothing against him other than the fact that he kills his children. But right now, Tatum is a more complete and experienced player. Even if the shooting numbers don't reflect it over the last 2 rounds. We've seen it all before in huge games. And I'm sure we'll see it again this year. It's just silly to pretend like Tatum hasn't been having big performances for years now
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1666 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 5:10 pm

titlebound1 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:

You're talking about a really really small sample size vs a player who has already been to the finals and 4 ECF. Including a game 7 ECF against LeBron James when he was younger than ant is now. It's a crazy argument. One has sustained success. The other has won a single playoff series.

And that's not to say that Ant won't end up being the better player. Maybe he will be. I have nothing against him other than the fact that he kills his children. But right now, Tatum is a more complete and experienced player. Even if the shooting numbers don't reflect it over the last 2 rounds. We've seen it all before in huge games. And I'm sure we'll see it again this year. It's just silly to pretend like Tatum hasn't been having big performances for years now

Again, no one is pretending that. Let the chips fall where they may.
titlebound1
Bench Warmer

Post#1667 » by titlebound1 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:11 pm

thinktank wrote:
kivancb wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Think before tanking.

You’re not refuting anything I said. Ant’s numbers at 22 are absolutely as good or better than Tatum’s.

It’s a team game and Tatum didn’t win those series be himself. You know that. Hence the need for individual comparison.

It’s not surprising that Celtics fans think they’re own player in Tatum > Ant.

NOTE: I’m only in this thread because someone said Tatum is hated more than he’s loved, and I defended Tatum and think he’s a great player!

Yeah the thing is that Tatum accomplished more at a young age in the playoffs than ant has (so far). And he's already set individual playoff records. It's not a crazy argument
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,263

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1668 » by bisme37 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
kivancb
Junior
And1: 422

Post#1669 » by kivancb » Mon May 13, 2024 5:11 pm

thinktank wrote:
kivancb wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Think before tanking.

It’s not surprising that Celtics fans think Tatum > Ant.

You have not been saying anything remarkable. Tatum is a better player than Ant until proven otherwise. He is a better defender, better passer, better rebounder, and almost as good a scorer. Ant is more athletic than Tatum, I'll give you that.

Ant has not been in a conference finals yet. When you win playoff series (which Ant has succeeded only ONCE), you get to play against better teams. And against better teams your efficiency drops. Comparing Tatum's and Ant's PER is cherry picking. How you adjust against elite defenses and let your teammates cook if need be is the way to go, as Tatum has started learning. I'm sure Ant will learn that too, but till then he will lose some.
titlebound1
Bench Warmer

Post#1670 » by titlebound1 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:14 pm

thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Again, no one is pretending that. Let the chips fall where they may.

Yes agreed. Let's see what happens.

But also, Tatum at 22 accomplished far more than ant has. It's actually not particularly close.
titlebound1
Bench Warmer

Post#1671 » by titlebound1 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:15 pm

thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
:lol:

Celtics couldn't even take care of the lower seeded Heat.

You said it best: "Tatum is garbage. It's not even worth it to get mad"

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1707777&p=66269493&hilit=Tatum#p66269493

Ouch!

The Celtics beat the heat in 5 games. Absolutely blew them off the floor aside from one fluke game where they shot at a ridiculous rate. What are you talking about?

Yes, play dumb.

Idk what this means. They literally just blew the doors off the heat
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1672 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 5:29 pm

kivancb wrote:
thinktank wrote:
kivancb wrote:

Think before tanking.

It’s not surprising that Celtics fans think Tatum > Ant.

You have not been saying anything remarkable. Tatum is a better player than Ant until proven otherwise. He is a better defender, better passer, better rebounder, and almost as good a scorer. Ant is more athletic than Tatum, I'll give you that.

Ant has not been in a conference finals yet. When you win playoff series (which Ant has succeeded only ONCE), you get to play against better teams. And against better teams your efficiency drops. Comparing Tatum's and Ant's PER is cherry picking. How you adjust against elite defenses and let your teammates cook if need be is the way to go, as Tatum has started learning. I'm sure Ant will learn that too, but till then he will lose some.

Go look at Tatum in the opening round series compared to Ant and get back to me.

Post the numbers you. Let’s see if what you say is true (it’s not—Ant’s numbers are better).

Apples to apples.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1673 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 5:30 pm

titlebound1 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
The Celtics beat the heat in 5 games. Absolutely blew them off the floor aside from one fluke game where they shot at a ridiculous rate. What are you talking about?

Yes, play dumb.

Let me refresh your memory:

Last year the Celtics lost to the Heat and the Heat got destroyed by Denver.

Now this person is telling me it’s a forgone conclusion that the Celtics will beat Denver to win the chip?

That logic is poor. I’m sorry, but it is.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,263

Post#1674 » by bisme37 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:31 pm

Should I re-title this thread to something about Anthony Edwards or what's going on here?
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1675 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 5:34 pm

bisme37 wrote:Should I re-title this thread to something about Anthony Edwards or what's going on here?

Celtics fan said “Tatum is hated more than he’s loved.”

I disagreed. No need to martyr Tatum, imo.

Then something called “The Corey’s” messed up your whole thread with trolling about how I hate Tatum :lol: despite him calling Tatum “literally dogcrap.”
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,663

Post#1676 » by Jaqua92 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:44 pm

thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Tatum's best playoff series was like 27/9/6 while being the primary defender against KD.

Tatum has also had multiple big time games..he's had a series savings 46 point game on the road, and a 50 point game 7 series clincher in back to back seasons. Tatum is usually due for one or two massive playoff games.

Ant has a higher ceiling, but Tatum is a better defender and playmaker. Right now, he's the better player.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,663

Post#1677 » by Jaqua92 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:47 pm

thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Yes, play dumb.

Let me refresh your memory:

Last year the Celtics lost to the Heat and the Heat got destroyed by Denver.

Now this person is telling me it’s a forgone conclusion that the Celtics will beat Denver to win the chip?

That logic is poor. I’m sorry, but it is.

Celtics were an entirely different team, and Tatum got hurt in game 7.

You aren't arguing in good faith here.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1678 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 5:47 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:

Tatum's best playoff series was like 27/9/6 while being the primary defender against KD.

Tatum has also had multiple big time games..he's had a series savings 46 point game on the road, and a 50 point game 7 series clincher in back to back seasons. Tatum is usually due for one or two massive playoff games.

Ant has a higher ceiling, but Tatum is a better defender and playmaker. Right now, he's the better player.

I disagree.

Playoff stats so far this year do not tell that story.

Tatum shooting 55% TS% and Ant at 67%.

Tatum at 20 PER Ant at 28.

WS/48, Tatum at .199, Ant at .255.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Post#1679 » by The Corey's » Mon May 13, 2024 7:43 pm

titlebound1 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

While this dude you crowned MJ is losing to a guy who rather play with his horses, Tatum is on his way to who knows how many championship series at this point.

The Corey's wrote:Tatum is literal dog ****.

Ouch!

Ya. We all have eyes bud.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1680 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 8:30 pm

The Corey's wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Ouch!

Ya. We all have eyes bud.

Agreed:

“Tatum is literal dog crap.” -The Corey’s with an extra apostrophe.

Return to The General Board