2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1701 » by Enso » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
CoP wrote:
Enso wrote:Tatums great but until he wins a ring he’s gonna be under the microscope, it is what it is C’s fans.

If joker didn’t win last year he’d have to deal with the same thing even though he won multiple mvps.

True. But, he really shouldn't be under the microscope more than players who have already won MVPs but have yet to win championships, such as Embiid and Harden. Especially Embiid, considering that almost everyone ranks him above Tatum. And he probably shouldn't be any more under the microscope than other players that are considered better than him but have yet to win a championship, such as Doncic and SGA.

In any event, I really couldn't give a whit if Tatum wins MVP or what criticism he gets. All I care is if the Celtics win a championship, whether he plays really well or not.

'Microscope unless ring' is a bit strong for a 26-year old.

Depends, is he supposed to be that guy ? A potential all time great? If C’s fans are gonna gargle his nuts and make him out to be the next great, then microscope it is, at some point at least.

Even Bron who had the media in his back pocket had them turn on him once he choked hard.

Not saying Tatum is at that point but I think you get my point.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,701

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1702 » by CoP » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:47 pm

Enso wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
CoP wrote:True. But, he really shouldn't be under the microscope more than players who have already won MVPs but have yet to win championships, such as Embiid and Harden. Especially Embiid, considering that almost everyone ranks him above Tatum. And he probably shouldn't be any more under the microscope than other players that are considered better than him but have yet to win a championship, such as Doncic and SGA.

In any event, I really couldn't give a whit if Tatum wins MVP or what criticism he gets. All I care is if the Celtics win a championship, whether he plays really well or not.

Depends, is he supposed to be that guy ? A potential all time great? If C’s fans are gonna gargle his nuts and make him out to be the next great, then microscope it is, at some point at least.

Even Bron who had the media in his back pocket had them turn on him once he choked hard.

Dude - don't do this. No need
Enso
General Manager

Post#1703 » by Enso » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 pm

CoP wrote:
Enso wrote:Tatums great but until he wins a ring he’s gonna be under the microscope, it is what it is C’s fans.

If joker didn’t win last year he’d have to deal with the same thing even though he won multiple mvps.

True. But, he really shouldn't be under the microscope more than players who have already won MVPs but have yet to win championships, such as Embiid and Harden. Especially Embiid, considering that almost everyone ranks him above Tatum. And he probably shouldn't be any more under the microscope than other players that are considered better than him but have yet to win a championship, such as Doncic and SGA.

Yeah I get your point, Harden has been destroyed already by the general public multiple times, that ship has sailed for him lol he’ll never be in that upper echelon convo.

How old is embiid? He’s getting close to that point of scrutiny but he has the injury card to play; his body never holds up.

Doncic hasn’t had overly stacked teams, SGA either and he’s only coming onto his own right now(SGA).

I think Tatum has had way better teams than both those guys and now the fact that the C’s are ultra stacked there’s zero excuses basically.
Enso
General Manager

Post#1704 » by Enso » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:55 pm

CoP wrote:
Enso wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:

sorry I forgot I wasn’t amongst the boys talking crap :lol:
CoP
Head Coach

Post#1705 » by CoP » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 pm

Enso wrote:
CoP wrote:
Enso wrote:

I mean, I don't really care lol. I just think comments like that invite unproductive discussions. Gets people on the defensive and then it's just insults back and forth.
CoP
Head Coach

Post#1706 » by CoP » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

Enso wrote:
CoP wrote:

Yeah I get your point, Harden has been destroyed already by the general public multiple times, that ship has sailed for him lol he’ll never be in that upper echelon convo.

How old is embiid? He’s getting close to that point of scrutiny but he has the injury card to play; his body never holds up.

Doncic hasn’t had overly stacked teams, SGA either and he’s only coming onto his own right now(SGA).

I think Tatum has had way better teams than both those guys and now the fact that the C’s are ultra stacked there’s zero excuses basically.

Embiid being injured all the time should be an argument against him, not for him in some odd way.

I see your point about Doncic and SGA. Although I wouldn't say that Tatum's teams have been overly stacked in the past - this year you could certainly argue that.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,106

Post#1707 » by KamikazeK » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:18 pm

Enso wrote:
CoP wrote:

Doncic had good players on his teams. They all just got driven out of town.

SGA's team is being severely underrated. If they were in their primes they would look a lot like the Celtics do now. They'll probably be better in fact when that team gets older. They're a really good team.
Enso
General Manager

Post#1708 » by Enso » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:22 pm

CoP wrote:
Enso wrote:
CoP wrote:Dude - don't do this. No need

I mean, I don't really care lol. I just think comments like that invite unproductive discussions. Gets people on the defensive and then it's just insults back and forth.

Yeah it’s called fun lol as long as it doesn’t get too personal

I should of specified some C’s fans cause it’s def not all that are gargling dem nuts.
Enso
General Manager

Post#1709 » by Enso » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
Enso wrote:
CoP wrote:True. But, he really shouldn't be under the microscope more than players who have already won MVPs but have yet to win championships, such as Embiid and Harden. Especially Embiid, considering that almost everyone ranks him above Tatum. And he probably shouldn't be any more under the microscope than other players that are considered better than him but have yet to win a championship, such as Doncic and SGA.

SGA's team is being severely underrated. If they were in their primes they would look a lot like the Celtics do now. They'll probably be better in fact when that team gets older. They're a really good team.

Yeah you could argue it’s cause he doesn’t take care of his body which is the classic argument against him.

He’s had some really great teams definitely amongst the favorites most years, but yeah this year it’s on another level.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,363

Post#1710 » by RB34 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 pm

Enso wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
Enso wrote:

Yeah you could argue it’s cause he doesn’t take care of his body which is the classic argument against him.

He’s had some really great teams definitely amongst the favorites most years, but yeah this year it’s on another level.

Which years specifically has he had some really great teams?

Considering Luka and Tatum have now shared multiple teammates I would be interested to hear why Tatum gets pinned for “lack of success”
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,893

Post#1711 » by Froob » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:27 pm

Should know within the first 30 seconds if Miami is just going to make every 3 or if the Celtics will. Outta just turn it off then and go play Donkey Kong 64 or something.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Enso
General Manager

Post#1712 » by Enso » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:35 pm

RB34 wrote:
Enso wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Doncic had good players on his teams. They all just got driven out of town.

Which years specifically has he had some really great teams?

Considering Luka and Tatum have now shared multiple teammates I would be interested to hear why Tatum gets pinned for “lack of success”

He’s been on great teams going all the way back to his rookie year(obviously you guys had injuries and he was a rook), I don’t remember the exact roster changes from every year but besides that lul after Covid you guys have been solid all the way back to the bubble. At the very least the last three years including this one you’ve been amongst the favorites.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Post#1713 » by The Corey's » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:36 pm

Miami is Celtic country.
Enso
General Manager

Post#1714 » by Enso » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 pm

Froob wrote:Should know within the first 30 seconds if Miami is just going to make every 3 or if the Celtics will. Outta just turn it off then and go play Donkey Kong 64 or something.

Dang donkey king 64, old school. You playing on crt ?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,463

Post#1715 » by azcatz11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:42 pm

Froob wrote:Should know within the first 30 seconds if Miami is just going to make every 3 or if the Celtics will. Outta just turn it off then and go play Donkey Kong 64 or something.

So true
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,385

Post#1716 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Great start for Derrick White and Tyler Herro.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#1717 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:52 pm

Miami guards can't stop a nose bleed.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,118

Post#1718 » by Exp0sed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 pm

the Spurs really gave up White forJosh Richardson, Romeo Langford and a top 4 protected frp
I mean, with the Celtics it was obvious that'd be a very late frp anyway, so a 25-30th pick, realitically

did Pop and the GM really didn't know he's this good?
kinda bizarre imo, they basically gave him away for a 30th pick
CoP
Head Coach

Post#1719 » by CoP » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 pm

RB34 wrote:Which years specifically has he had some really great teams?

I've made this argument a few times regarding Luka too, that he's an amazing player but is perhaps difficult to build a contender around because he is so ball-dominant and plays below average defense.

Like he had KP on his team, but I guess KP was a bum when he was with Dallas, but now that he's on the Celtics, he's an amazing teammate to have.

Grant Williams was a regular season starter on a Celtics team that made the Finals. With the Mavs, he was a bum who got traded in the middle of his first season with the team.

Brunson apparently was not good when he was with the Mavs. But then he goes to the Knicks and he's an All-Star player and the #1 option on a team that's just as good if not better than the Mavs.

When Kyrie was on the Celtics with Tatum, they made it to the 2nd round one season and the conference finals the next. The Mavs with Kyrie missed the playoffs, and then we'll see what happens this season.

There are some reasons for the above, especially related to injuries. But there's a pattern there that shouldn't be ignored.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,893

Post#1720 » by Froob » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm

Enso wrote:

Dang donkey king 64, old school. You playing on crt ?

Haha nah, got it on my iPhone. Got a modded version that lets you swap the kongs without going back to the dang barrel. I will say that camera did not age well holy ****, it’s facing you 90% of the time lmao

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to The General Board