Shaq being disrespectful

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,128

Re: Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#181 » by sp6r=underrated » Fri May 10, 2024 6:16 pm

Castle Black wrote:Shaq just released a diss track for Shannon Sharpe. Not kidding lol.

Read on Twitter

Shaq is one of the best players of all time but this diss track is just very embarrassing. One of the few things Shaq and I have in common is being middle aged. And middle-aged folks never look older than when we behave as we did in our twenties.
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,679

Post#182 » by Bornstellar » Fri May 10, 2024 6:17 pm

Shaq is a good person overall but when it comes to sports talk especially when it has to do with him he is incredibly cringey and extremely sensitive/immature. That IG post he made is beyond lame. He needs to retire those cringe ass hashtags and sayings
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,128

Post#183 » by sp6r=underrated » Fri May 10, 2024 6:19 pm

dygaction wrote:This is like KAJ's forced smile celebrating LeBron's most points in NBA history.

This is way worse. I understand why it was hard for Kareem to give that up. For a varitey of reasons he was never held quite in the esteem that he deserved. Being the all-time leading scorer forced people to at least acknowledge how phenomenal he was. It is understandable that losing that was painful.

Shaq is just behaving as if he is 20.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,749

Post#184 » by Yoshun » Fri May 10, 2024 6:41 pm

Shaq is so interesting to me. Back in the day, he was sold as this fun loving dude who loved kids, had a playful personality, a little silly, etc.. He was in movies, rapped and did commercials. He came across as a real personality. Now, he's probably the worst part of TNT coverage. He's dull, combative for no reason, and just unlikable. I always knew he had an ego, but damn.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,653

Post#185 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:50 pm

He was talking about getting fouled and taking shots in the playoffs, and his response was don't complain, just retaliate. I remember thinking yeah, that worked for you, you were a giant.

His ability to see things from the perspective of other players, just isn't there.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#186 » by Optms » Fri May 10, 2024 6:53 pm

I didn't see anything wrong with what Shaq said.

I actually commend him for saying it to Jokics face. You Jokic fans need to stop being so sensitive. Shaq has obviously had Shai as his MVP and didnt want Jokic to hear it from others without him telling him first. Fun fact. Not everyone kisses the ground Jokic walks on. Both guys handled it well.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,354

Post#187 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 pm

Optms wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with what Shaq said.

I actually commend him for saying it to Jokics face. You Jokic fans need to stop being so sensitive. Shaq has obviously had Shai as his MVP and didnt want Jokic to hear it from others without him telling him first. Fun fact. Not everyone kisses the ground Jokic walks on. Both guys handled it well.

This isn’t about Jokic. It’s about the award and presentation. You don’t act like that when you’re presenting it to anyone.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,003

Post#188 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 10, 2024 7:11 pm

Castle Black wrote:Shaq just released a diss track for Shannon Sharpe. Not kidding lol.

Read on Twitter

This is sad
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#189 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:13 pm

Commend him for saying it to Jokic's face...if he called him afterwards and said it, sure.

This was while presenting the award to him on air. Imagine you're up for a promotion at work, and you get it...people are celebrating it, and another colleague says "Look you're great but that promotion should have gone to Jane instead..."

Time and place, this concept seems to evade a lot of people.

Nobody has an issue with Shaq saying it to Jokic. This is not the issue. It's the time and place he did it...
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#190 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 10, 2024 7:18 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:

This isn’t about Jokic. It’s about the award and presentation. You don’t act like that when you’re presenting it to anyone.

Extactly. I was waiting for an Optms post coming at “jokic fans”. It is not just “fans” it is media and personalities that had a problem with when he said it. Now Shaq is the one who is sensitive so much so he released a diss track. This is cringe worthy sad
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,872

Post#191 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 7:29 pm

Fug it!

Kendrick vs Drake

Now we got Shaq vs Shannon

What a time to be alive!
BobbyPortisEyes
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,849

Post#192 » by BobbyPortisEyes » Fri May 10, 2024 7:34 pm

Yeah, Shaq seems to be handling things in a really mature and measured way.
hauntedcomputer wrote:Jokic is just a stranger dribbling a basketball. The humility bit could well be a carefully crafted business model for all we know. It's actually getting as tiresome as egotistical bloviating at this point. "Look at me, look how humble I am!!"
davidv2001
Sophomore
And1: 128

Post#193 » by davidv2001 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:44 pm

In that situation, Shaq was not a talking head, he was a reporter/journalist. He is expected to remain objective and conduct himself during the official announcement and interview with Jokic in a professional manner, regardless of who he thinks deserves the MVP. When the interview is over, and it’s time for him, Kenny, Chuck and Ernie to discuss the honor, he can feel free to state his opinion that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander deserved the award and express his feelings about all the times he felt he should have been named MVP but wasn’t. During the official announcement and interview with the winner is not the time nor place.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#194 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 pm

Shannon Sharpe’s response.

Nevermind it wasn’t real
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#195 » by Optms » Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:

No, it's entirely about Jokic. Because Shaq has a relationship with him. This same scenario would not happen with any other player.

He wasn't being petty or childish here. People are just mad Shaq stated his opinion. Personally Luka was my MVP, but that's neither here nor there.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#196 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 10, 2024 7:58 pm

Optms wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:

No, it's entirely about Jokic. Because Shaq has a relationship with him. This same scenario would not happen with any other player.

He wasn't being petty or childish here. People are just mad Shaq stated his opinion. Personally Luka was my MVP, but that's neither here nor there.

No one’s arguing about Shaq’s opinion. He stated that before actually. It was the timing of it. During the presentation of the mvp award and interview. Quit trying to move the goalposts. I know your reading comprehension is not that bad. Unless you are being intellectually dishonest. Which makes more sense.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,089

Post#197 » by BelgradeNugget » Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 pm

Remember, Jokic fans didn't vote him for MVP, nor did he voted himself. Shaq could have used his platform to lobby for Shai, but when it is over it is over.
Jokic was first to protect Embiid last year of all talk in the madia how he didn't deserved it.
Shaq could have shown more class.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 985

Post#198 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 pm

He clearly was just jealous that Jokic has more MVPs
Truly think Shaq fears he will finally be overtaken by Joker as the Best Center of all time
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,725

Post#199 » by Infinite Llamas » Fri May 10, 2024 8:08 pm

Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#200 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:25 pm

LaLover11 wrote:He clearly was just jealous that Jokic has more MVPs
Truly think Shaq fears he will finally be overtaken by Joker as the Best Center of all time

I'm the biggest Joker fan and while I can see a path to Top 5 all-time, it's hard (impossible) for me to see Jokic ever overtaking KAJ's accomplishments.

But Shaquille feeling threatened at having been overtaken by Joker in all-time rankings? I can see that being the reason he's a spiteful SOB. :lol:

EDIT: According to O'Neal, Bol Bol is as good as Wembanyama. Thats all I need to say in regards to how I view him as an analyst.

Return to The General Board